I need some serious cheers from you people

Options
According to my half marathon training plan, today I have to run 8 miles straight, no walking, no stop. I need to do it and I have to do it, all my life the maximum I've ever run is 6 miles so today is a big challenge for me and I will be so disappointed if I can't make it today, please cheer me up! ( it really helps me )

Replies

• avir8
    avir8 Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    who says you can't walk, somtimes you even have to stop and stretch. If you don't pace yourself you're doing more harm than good. Good Luck you've done 6, 2 more is nothing :smile:
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    remember to pace yourself! slow down a bit before you are totally out of breath!

**Good luck!!
  • Goatgirl8
    Goatgirl8 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Firstly, congratulations on setting a goal and working toward it. And good for you that you can run six miles. Not too many people can do that much. As for being afraid you won't be able to run 8 miles, who wrote your training plan, yourself or some other source? I agree with the others. Walk in you have to. It's one thing to push past your comfort level, it's another thing to hurt yourself in the process. You know your body and your body's warning signals. Give yourself some credit... run till you just can't run anymore... and then walk. Good luck and keep us posted.
  • runnerblues86
    Options
    What a great goal!! Take one mile at a time and do your best. Sometimes just running to the next tree or something might help. That is what I am doing right now. Good luck! :happy:
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Brickah brackah fire crackah sis boom bah, bugs bunny, bugs bunny, rah rah rah!