healthy lunches

Options
I'm in nursing school right now and working full time..So I am constantly out of the house for basically all meals. Anyone have any yummy healthy lunch recipes? I have been making a sandwich on bagel thins with meat, but I can see myself getting bored with this option. I love yogurt..but too much of it upsets my belly..any suggestions?

Thanks!

Replies

• bubblekitten
    Options
    I could use some advice on this too. Salad with tuna or grilled chicken is my standby. Also, Greek yogurt, granola, and fruit is yummy too. But with that you have to make sure the yogurt and granola don't have too much sugar in them or it will throw your whole day off. Anyone else have any good ideas?
  • jess1992uga
    jess1992uga Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Making leftovers of your favorite dinner from the week/weekend is what a lot of my friends do.
    Pita bread with hummus and veggies.
    Veggie/turkey burgers.
    Also making a healthy pizza and then bring slice each day for lunch, or alternate sandwich one day and pizza the next.

I love PB and banana sandwiches as well.
    Also making egg omelette and doing upside down lunch (breakfast type food for lunch).
    Hope these help.
  • Angylgrrl
    Angylgrrl Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I've been making a wrap with Cedar's Low-Carb wraps (80 calories), spread with 1 Laughing Cow Garlic and Herb Cheese wedge (35 calories) in place of mayo/mustard/cheese, 2 oz. low sodium ham (Boars Head is around 60 calories) and 12.5 grams baby spinach (a handful, and about 5-10 calories, tops). It's pretty low calorie, filling, and makes it easy for me to not worry about going crazy around lunch time. I also bring LOTS of snacks for the day (I'm a teacher, and I stay late some days for our after-school program)- an unsalted rice cake with a Laughing Cow cheese wedge is 70 calories, 3 oz of baby carrots is about 35 calories, English cucumber sticks are extremely low calorie, Babybel cheese is about 80 calories, and right now, I'm obsessed with apples, since they're in season.
  • lstabeck
    Options
    Cottage Cheese is a great source of protein and a yummy creamy texture as well. I also like tuna salad with a little less mayo and lemon juice then I add onion and eat it in butter lettuce leaves for a wrap. You can also do the lettuce wrap with any soft protein mix. I love them with egg salad. I use spinach instead of regular lettuce in all my salads, since it is so much more nutrient rich then I add a protein and whatever I find in the frige topped off with sunflower seeds. There are also some very good protein powders that you can make into shakes. If you make them with Almond Milk rather than regular milk it is healthier for you with less sat. fat and carbs. I always double the whey protein powder it adds about 100 calories but a ton of protein in comparison. Just a little of what I do. Things get busy so it is nice to have some easy options.