Officially a Half Marathoner

Options
Sweettart
Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
Today I ran my first half marathon! My first goal was to finish the race and my second goal was to do it under 3 hours. Well I hit my wall at 17km and my legs didnt want to run anymore.

I finished at 3hrs 7 mins

Replies

• geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Nicely done!

Still a very good achievment - I'm fine with 10k and a bit more, but it's a big step up to a half marathon.
    Hoping to be able to that kind of distance as part of a Triathlon in year's time; but that's a lot of training to get near that!
  • Sweettart
    Options
    To be honest the only race I ever raced was a 5k 2 years ago. I did train for this half but not as much as I should have.
  • francaise3
    francaise3 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I did my first halfmarathon this month. My goal was to finish it! :D And I did - a bit under 3 hours! A looooooong run (walking here or there), but in the end I realised I want to try it again! :) Have done around 10 races this year - but all under 10 km, so this was major!

Again - big congrats! Are you thinking of doing it again sometime?
  • Sweettart
    Options
    I enjoyed it but not too sure if ill do another half anytime soon. Want to do a 10k since ive never done one
  • momof3and3
    momof3and3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Congratualtions!

Running 13.1 miles is such a huge accomplishment! There is nothing you can't do now!
  • Luebella
    Options
    Awesome! It's hard to stop at just one half marathon. I did one this past June with sadly, very little training. My running buddy and I ran walked for one minute out of every 10 minutes, and it made the run absolutely bearable.

Good for you! Do another one :)
  • AsellusReborn
    AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    That is amazing, congratulations!
  • Cazziern
    Cazziern Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I will be running my first 5K next Sunday and a half marathon is on my bucket list of things to do before I'm 50. I'm more inspired now. Good for you! :flowerforyou:
  • Sweettart
    Options
    The experience was awesome . Put your mind to it and you will do great
  • knowwhentoshutup
    knowwhentoshutup Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That is amazing. Hope you are enjoying the amazing sense of accomplishment. :)

When I ran my first half (a VERY hilly course) I finished in 3:05, after hitting the wall like you. But, I kept training, and just ran my second half with a 2:46 finish today.

Keep running, and best of luck!
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Be warned, half marathons are a gateway drug...

Step up your training and I bet you will enjoy the next one even more.
  • mom2nate08
    mom2nate08 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Congatulations! That is a HUGE accomplishment!

I finished my first in 2011 and swore that it was my last. I missed my 3:00 mark by a minute! I decided to stick to 5K's, but after I finished a 5K in May I watched the half marathoners cross the finish line and got bit by the bug! I ran a 10K last week, and I am going to start training for the half next month.
  • Sweettart
    Options
    Right now no plans on another half but going to run a 10k in oct and nov
  • zoukeira
    zoukeira Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! Well done. I have my first half in February - the (amazing runner) boyfriend roped me into it yesterday. Hope I can finish mine too!!
  • awilmeri
    awilmeri Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Awesome! So impressed!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!