Recipes with Apples

Options
I'm going apple-picking tomorrow, and want to know what your favorite recipe with apples is. Any suggestions?

Replies

• justjenn1977
    justjenn1977 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I put apples in everything... it adds a bit of sweet crunch to a hot/sour soup... or stir fry... smoothies... chili... roast chicken...

I don't have any real recipes... I just buy a bunch and chop them and put them in the freezer... then add them whenever I think it would be yummy... my kids like to make applesauce (my 13 year old is able to do it by herself...) by taking a handful or four of chopped apples adding a little juice (oj or apple or cranberry or whatever fruit juice we have) then boiling until mashable... we like it kinda chunky so it takes about 20 min or so... then she seasons based on whatever fruit juice... cranberry applesauce gets honey... oj applesauce usually gets ginger and cinnampn... apple applesauce usually gets allspice...
  • debado483
    Options
    I chop up apples and then sprinkle with sugar free Cherry Jell-O (dry powder). Toss and serve. A little Jell-O goes a long way. I just fold over the open package so I can use it again.
  • maryloo2011
    Options
    some items that I make a lot or have made in the past:

apple-cinnamon french toast
    apple + BP2 peanut butter
    diced apple mixed with greek yogurt
    throw some apple in steel cut oats with cinnamon
    apple, onion and pork kabobs
    chicken salad (made with Fage 0%, bell peppers and diced apple, pepper)
    chicken an dapple patties (process together and shape into a patty, throw on grill)
    apple in stuffing

Have fun!!
  • rladd6421
    Options
    i do a homemade cinnamon clove applesauce with a hint of vanilla.
  • _stephanie0
    _stephanie0 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    cut apple into small chunks
    microwave for 1 min
    add to cottage cheese (as much as desired)
    mix in a touch of vanilla, cinnamon and stevia

leave in the fridge overnight (or not, but its better in the morning)

VOILA!!

apple cheese danish