Mfp confession

Options
Ive been a slacker when it comes to recording my food for the last week or two. I've been so consumed with really wanting to lose weight that I lowered my calorie count to 1200. I'm not exercising and I'm pretty sure I'm staying below the 1200 calorie count. I just feel like I'm approaching this (weightloss) in an unhealthy way. I really want to make a lifestyle change in regards to how I feed/treat my body but I'm slipping back into old/bad habits (I.e waiting long periods of time before I eat). Im just hoping with this confession others have experienced this and can lend some advice or someone can kick me the butt and help me refocuses my objective lol. Also... Share your mfp confession (if u have one) and tell me what you did to get past it/ overcome it.

Replies

• conniehv40
    conniehv40 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Mine is more of a reply versus confession! I feel like, with twins, you are the strongest person in the world! I have 3 teens and cannot imagine if they were born at the same time! I absolutely love your photo of the boys!!!!! OMG! : )

I was, for about 5 years, mad at myself for gaining, gaining, gaining. Not much, but just enough to go up sizes, change my look etc. I did the thought process of "oh, TODAY, I will not eat snacks and drink water and take a walk" That would last for an hour. So, for 5 years, I just "fooled" myself into thinking I was acting in such a way that I shouldn't gain weight, I should be losing.

So, to stop all of this, I bought a nicer scale and some good vitamins, got some consistent friends on mfp, set my life style as sedentary and have really tried to log calories CLOSE to this amount, try to exercise by asking friends ahead of time to meet for a walk (I should be exercising RIGHT NOW!), drink my water (although, not consistently yet) and vitamins.

I lost 3 pounds this month and I feel like I can lose another 2 sooner rather than later if I keep doing the work. If I keep that up, I could loose the 20+ pounds I hate carrying around. Prior to this, I was fooling myself into thinking "gee, I AM doing the work, how come I am not losing?" I wasn't doing ANY work!
    Good luck and enjoy every minute (even the minutes of being exhausted with crying babies). It all goes so fast!
  • santanna935
    santanna935 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the reply Connie :) I think the pic is one of my favorite of the boys, lol I really caught them in the moment. I really like your approach to getting healthy, it would suit me just fine. Lol I have a pretty craptacular scale, just by moving it to different locations on my floor it changes by 3lbs... Lol I move it to where it says I'm lighter and go from there. Twins can be very hard at times but when they see me and smile it just melts my heart! They really are some funny babies :) I'm sure with three teens you have your hands full too! :) I know one day this weight will come off but untill than I'll just keep trying to be positive and take one day at a time.
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I lost 40kg by eating 1200 calories a day (clean eating) and didn't a shred of exercise. It can be done but it's not the healthiest way to approach it. My scale must be crap too because it varies by 2kg depending on which part of the bathroom floor I put it - if I don't like what it says I move - sometimes the next reading is worse though ... lol. One day at a time is the best approach. Weight is secondary to how you feel about yourself too - you make you happy, not scales.
  • lolly2721
    lolly2721 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your twins :) I too, am a mom of twins but mine are now teens and my oldest just went to college this year, all boys. I have been on a yo-yo with my weight for the past 10 years. I would do the crash diets and lose a ton of weight then gain it all back and then some.

Personally, I think recording everything I eat has helped me more than anything else. I then know how much I can eat and can plan. I know how hard this can be on a day when the babies are fussy or things aren't going like planned. Keep fresh fruit and veggies around that you can snack on while you are feeding the boys. Just record your foods when the babies are sleeping or are doing tummy time and you have a second (I know those are few and far between. Good luck to you and see if you can find time to record your foods :)
  • santanna935
    Options
    Very true kimothy, that is something I forget from time. :) I had to change the 1200, I would eat 1000 and be "crap, can't eat anything else!" so bad I know.
  • santanna935
    Options
    Thanks for the reply lolly, I can't even imagine the boys as teens lol I just want to stay little babies ( can't wait untill they can hold their own bottles tho ;) I've always been a yo-yo dieter and would take some sort of "magical" weightloss pill, they all only worked short term and I would go back to my bad eating habits. Calorie counting really has only been the one thing that's works for me too, I just need to refocus myself with it and get back on track. I think planning out my meals while the kiddos are sleeping is the best time :)