Poll:How long did it take you?

Options
I know I hear a lot about people lose 10lbs in a month but recently I'm not seeing that kind of progress.

Is it that you lost a lot early, then it slowed?

If so how long did it take you to lose how many pounds?

I would like to take everyone that answers and crunch it into a excel spread sheet.

If people don't mind leaving their sex height, start weight, goal weight, and length of time it took to reach the goal weight I would appreciate it.

I figure what a better way to get data. I realize folks could lie but If I get enough truthful answers.

I'm also hoping that whatever stats I come up with might actually be more encouraging to those who see such small numbers on the scale.

Thanks.

Replies

• pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Pete here.
    Height 5'10"
    Age 45
    Start 250
    Now 170

Started Dec 15.
    Joined MFP Jan 7

Lost the first 50 by May 15.
    Lost the last 30 deliberately slow, as of Sept 17.

Feel like a million bucks.
  • lenako8
    lenako8 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Woo... that's really good. you are really encouraging me to continue... my weight no change since i join.. feel to give up but will continue to try...
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    David here.
    Height 6'1"
    Age 54
    Start 276
    Now 204

Started Feb. 2011
    Joined MFP May 2011

Lost the first 50 by July 2011 and I have a couple o surgeries, so the process slowed a lot.

Feel like a million bucks.
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    From what I have seen, a lot of MFP folks lose 50-100 pounds in a year. Read the success stories. The sad part is that many don't last that long. :(
  • LifeIsNotADressRehearsal
    Options
    Sure!

Female
    5' 10'
    Start weight when joined MFP - 175
    Current weight - 138 - goal weight - 37 lbs lost - as of end of Aug 2012
    Joined MFP Nov/11 - took 9 months :smile:
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Height - 5'6"
    Age - 58
    You can see my ticker for start weight, pounds lost and goal weight.

I started on May 21st of this year. I am averaging just a bit shy of 1.5 pounds a week.
  • DaniKenmir
    DaniKenmir Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I'm not there yet, I lost nothing for the first 6 weeks then for the last 2 weeks I've lost a kilo a week, hoping to keep that up till I get there!
  • mightymac
    mightymac Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    35 pounds over 6.5 months, slowed right down now, but still losing
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    From what I have seen, a lot of MFP folks lose 50-100 pounds in a year. Read the success stories. The sad part is that many don't last that long. :(

This is the hard part. I am about 5 pounds from my goal. I have been saying from the beginning that losing it is easy. Maintaining is another story.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Well the more overweight you are, the faster you can lose weight.

I am 23, female.

I started at 160lbs about a year ago... in November/December I decided to just be a little healthier... stopped drinking soda and tried to control my portions a little. I lost I think maybe 5lbs but then at the end of January I decided to take things more seriously and I got an account on here and started tracking my calories. My goal was only to get to 140 and I got there in April ish?
  • scinamon1
    scinamon1 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Great question :)

I started at 166lbs in September 2011
    145 by November
    got down to 135 in January (for a day I was 130, but it was very sudden so I don't count it); my goal was 130 at this point
    blipped and went back up to 140-ish until June when I changed my goal to 9.5stone (133lbs)
    now down to 134lbs! And feel a lot more toned than before.

I'm 5"8 btw :)

I've been really slow and not steady at all, but I think it helped because I realised that I didn't have to give up after a bad week/month or something; I never got back to my highest weight, and altohugh I sometimes look fatter to myself in the mirror now than when I didn't care I think I'm a lot happier!
  • needles85365
    needles85365 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Female, 5' 6". started at 296 in sept 2011. Now 234 not at goal weight yet, and it has been really slow the last 2 months
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Started on August 5th at 245 lbs...on MFP as of August 20th at 230. The weight came off really fast at first, plateaued during the holidays and started coming down again until I hit 100 lbs lost in June. Slowly I've been working my way down.

Currently I'm at 136 with 6 pounds to go.
  • newhabit
    newhabit Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    i was looking to lose about 28 lb. i lost 27 lb in about 6 months. then i gained some back and now i'm working on about 9 lb at this point... i lost it slow and steady, not much of a calorie deficit but that was good because i didn't have that much to lose. i started exercising again too and that helped immensely.
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I have never lost more than 5 pounds per month.
  • Soozie1978
    Soozie1978 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm 56 years old, 5'5 1/2", Femaie.

I started on MFP 11 1/2 month ago at 179 pounds. Heaviest was 195.
    Current weight: 146. I lost the first 30 pounds from October to May. Since then, I have only lost another 3 pounds, but toning has led to a loss of inches. The pants I bought in April/May now fall off my a**.
    Goal weight: 135. At that point I will see how things look and feel. That still has me 15 pounds heavier than my wedding day, but I'm also a lot older, so I'll need to see how that looks on me.

The most important changes are in my energy levels, my blood sugars (I'm diabetic), the feeling returning to my numb feet, and in my other lab results like blood pressure, cholesterol, and triglycerides.
  • SARgirl
    SARgirl Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Sex: female
    Start weight: 158
    Goal weight: 133
    Current weight: 123

Started MFP on 10/30/11. Lost 10 pounds by 12/30/11. Lost another 10 pounds by 02/29/12. Lost another 10 pounds by 06/30/12. Was not trying to lose any weight at that point but have since lost another 5 pounds to date. Calories are currently set at maintenance.
  • velsbree
    Options
    55 YO female started @ 178 now 148 5'7" size 6. Started March 17 lost 25 in 4 months and I have not been very careful , but managed to lose 5 lbs in the past 2 months. I am now ready to buckle down drop the last 8. I do work out 4-5 days a week now and walk 4 days about 30 min per day at work. In the faster weight loss phase i was working out 6 days a week (zumba and weights)it really made a difference. Good luck!
  • Sweetsugar0424
    Sweetsugar0424 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    32 yrs old
    Female
    5'11"
    SW: 203 lbs
    CW: 172 lbs
    GW: 160 lbs

I began losing weight on January 2, 2012 so it's been almost 9 months to lose 31 lbs. It's a slow loss, but I'm ok with this as it will be sustainable in the end and I gave myself a full year to lose the entire 43 lbs so I will be happy if I succeed with that.
  • JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    My 9 month total is below. Things have slowed down considerably since July and now I lose 4-7 lbs/month
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!