help i forgot. lol fasting question for those who fast only

Options
ok so i been fasting almost a full 24 hour... i haven't done it in awhile. i use do the 36 hr buts its been awhile so thought i would ease in. anyway..since its dinner i'm using to break the fast what is the limit on calories u can eat while still get the same result as not eating at all... meaning i've heard its up to 500 but i'[m scared that woul be too many... so i'm asking

Replies

• Megdmcda
    Megdmcda Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    anyone?
  • kfareed
    kfareed Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    you're body thinks of a weekly basis rather than daily, so there is no such thing as max calories that wold be the same as no calories. I never done more than 24 hr fasting, I tried water fast but broke down at 48 hours and had to eat water melons at 24 hours. I do complete fasts during Ramadan for up to 17 hours, can you please share your 36 hours fast experience and how you combat hunger?
    thanks
  • Kikilicious84
    Options
    It's 500-700.
  • 228lrt
    228lrt Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I fast for 24 hours, generally once a week. I return to normal eating after the 24 hour fast, and it works great.
  • Megdmcda
    Options
    you're body thinks of a weekly basis rather than daily, so there is no such thing as max calories that wold be the same as no calories. I never done more than 24 hr fasting, I tried water fast but broke down at 48 hours and had to eat water melons at 24 hours. I do complete fasts during Ramadan for up to 17 hours, can you please share your 36 hours fast experience and how you combat hunger?
    thanks
    it wasn't that bad... i drank as much water as i could and if i got too hungry i drank a glass of decaffeneited tea made w splenda so it was still zero calorie but the flavor helped stifle it i was usually good w only two glasses of tea aka 4 cups and up to a gallon of water.. the way i did it was probably actually more than 36 but not 48...i would get up and not eat until i woke up the next day.. whatever timei happened to wake up...usually drop 2 lbs each fast.. but it does't always stay off.... food cravings i would just tell myself to wait that i could have it tomorrow.. tonight i just di 24 hr hour because its been a few months since my last one.. and because i am currently not w my child cuz of the hurricane so i'm overly stressed....
  • Megdmcda
    Options
    It's 500-700.
    thank u. so me eating 350 won't really affect it then?
  • Southern_Belle89
    Options
    Not judging at all just wanting to know why do you fast? Benefits you get from it? Wondering cause my friend does Juicing 1 week out of the month so just wanting to know if it's kinda the same thing?
  • vcreinert
    Options
    Fasting and eating anything under 1200 for women slows down your metabolism. Fasting, you pretty much lose only water and the minute you begin eating normally again you will gain what you lost back.
  • Megdmcda
    Options
    Not judging at all just wanting to know why do you fast? Benefits you get from it? Wondering cause my friend does Juicing 1 week out of the month so just wanting to know if it's kinda the same thing?
    health benefits plus whatever weight loss i get out of it... supposedly when ur body is not working to digest food it can focus on repairing other parts of ur body that would have taken longer to heal...i can't find the articles i read it from but there is alot of info... some ppl believe in it and some don't....i only do it once a week
  • Megdmcda
    Options
    Fasting and eating anything under 1200 for women slows down your metabolism. Fasting, you pretty much lose only water and the minute you begin eating normally again you will gain what you lost back.
    thank you... i've heard all this too....:wink: