I need motivation as well as support

Options
I need to lose so much weight, but I just can't find the will to eat healthier!!! Every monday morning I swear to myself that I will be good from this day but then that awful afternoon time comes along and I cave in and eat all kinds of junk and the diet plan goes out the window :(
I am looking for good ideas for healthier low calorie snacks as well as chocolate fixes which will satisfy a sweet tooth but won't end up messing up my diet for the day!! (vegetarian optons please)
Is anyone else out there who is struggling to get back on track or who struggled but has now found the way? Any tips or suggestions? How to get through the day? How do I curb my hunger??
Need to lose more then 15 Kgs!!!!!

Replies

• ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    It is one day at a time.
    Log everything you eat, and move.
    I too was a procrastinator. I signed up in February, and until March 12th I kept telling myself I would start again tomorrow. March 15th I said to myself, "you are 60 years old, how many tomorrows do you think there are."
    Is it easy? No, but it does get easier.
    You can do this! Make it so.
  • whitesocks1
    Options
    Eat Healthy:

Did you know that, those days you fall off the wagon and "...that awful afternoon time comes along and I cave in and eat all kinds of junk and the diet plan goes out the window...", did you know that you should congratulate yourself? You need to give your self a pat on the back because you are trying. This weight loss thing is basically like war. Some days you will win the battles and there will be days you lose a battle. Take time to applaud your self for doing this and worry about missteps later.

Chocolate fixes (vegetarian options):

I like whip creme on vegetables. Nothing nuts, maybe like 5-6 pieces of fruit or vegetables with a dollop of whip creme takes care of my sweet tooth and its low in calories. its what i do in an emergency, this is not a daily thing, maybe once a week. helps keep me from swallowing an entire pizza covered in fudge.

Curb my hunger:

According to this thing, if you exercise for an hour a day, you are allowed to eat around 2,300 calories, try upping your exercise time and you are allowed to eat like a champion.

Lose 15Kg(33Lbs):

One foot in front of the other. step by step. one by one. one meal at a time, one day at a time, one week will pass. Worry about losing one pound each day. worry about losing one pound each week and a pound each month. before you know it, they will begin to add up. dont think about 33 pounds. think, 1 pound. people in combat dont count, "397 days before i can go home", NO NO NO, soldiers in combat, eat breakfast, lunch and dinner, and repeat. after you do this enough times, one day, you will be allowed to go home. take it one day, one pound at a time, baby-steps.

good luck,
    george
  • InHisTime48
    InHisTime48 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Great comments!
    We all need cheerleaders on our team!
    Feel free to add me :smile:
  • vickie28
    vickie28 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    To Whitesoxs 1 --- Awesome reply-- you said it wonderfully :) I hope it helps them , cos u just helped me :)
  • jparks341
    jparks341 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Hi, feel free to add me as a MFP buddy. I can help with the support and motivation from a vegetarian view point with a chocolate sweet tooth. Drinking water really helps and I do inbetween meal snacks to curve the sometimes cravings. Logging is your best friend, because you can see what you are eating and how many calories it contain. Exercise is a big one, you have to start a daily routine of exercising. Starting small with a walk every day and work your way up to doing more as you get stronger. I starting with walking everyday at lunch in Jan. and that continues, but I have added more to it. Now on Sept. 29th I'm going to run my third 5k race and then on Sunday do a dualthlon (run 2mi, bike 10 mi., run 2 mi.). This from a guy who would get winded walking up two flights of stairs. Small steps and logging everything. Good luck.
  • lesliemk
    lesliemk Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    You got this!! It doesn't happen overnight... you just have to keep coming back and believing in yourself and realizing you are WORTH it. Because you are. Tomorrow is a new start, commit to it, and then do it again on Tuesday. Think of it as a daily goal. Not in terms of weeks or months or pounds. Just day-by-day. Make your goals small & attainable. Knock those out & then set new ones. Happy to help you succeed--we all start somewhere, but that motivation comes from within. Find it & then don't let anything get in your way. Being around a bunch of like-minded peeps helps too! :D