Does any one have a 7 day meal planner

Options
Hi Folks

I am quite lazy when it come to healthy eating and would probably buy a ready meal than making it myself

However i want to try somthing different this time and would appreciate if anyone has a weekly meal planner ( breakfast, lunch and dinner ) and instructions/ingrediants to make

Hope you can help

Thanks

Jamie

Replies

• kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    When I first started I wrote

Breakfast

Lunch

Dinner

Side Dishes

Snacks

Brown Bag Lunches

Under each heading I wrote a list of dishes. Then I had the calories listed beside them. Most of the dishes I was finding on various websites so I listed the source as well so I could find the recipe during the week. Then I got smart and just started printing the recipe at the same time. I couldn't list all the calories of everything right away. Sometimes I would have a few things blank on that part but during the week when I was making it and figured it out, I put it on the sheet. I keep the sheets and the next time I made that item, I already knew the calorie count. If the recipes are already printed, it is easy to draft a grocery list from it. Some meals will be familiar dishes which I won't need the recipe but it is easy to remember the ingredients and put that on my grocery list too.

A few good websites to start your recipe search:

www.eatingwell.com
    www.skinnytaste.com (great cook!)
    www.thegraciouspantry.com
  • violetcharms
    violetcharms Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    bump

Also, thanks to kcoftx for the suggestions =)
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    If we don’t have enough time to prepare healthy meals, it’s easier to accept our next unhealthy meal through a drive-thru window.

Starting today, you are no longer allowed to utter the words: “I don’t have time.”

Instead, you will say, “It’s not a priority.”

I learned this tactic from this Wall-Street Journal article, and it has been monumental in changing my frame of mind.

Watch how quickly your perspective shifts when looking at life’s challenges this way:

“I’d love to work out, I just don’t have time” becomes “exercising isn’t a priority.”
    “I’d love to eat healthier, but I don’t have time to cook” becomes “eating healthy isn’t a priority.”
    “I don’t have time to travel” becomes “traveling isn’t a priority.“
    Suddenly, the excuse of time becomes an incredibly weak argument. Crap.

Stings a bit, huh?

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2012/07/26/priorities/
  • Tweety1983
    Tweety1983 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • Keiko385
    Keiko385 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
  • 60x60
    60x60 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    For the past two years, we have used the Ultimate Diabetes Planner. It has four weeks of menus for each of the four season. It has the recipes, menus, grocery lists, subsitution ideas, laid out by the day/week with options to go 1500, 1800, 2000 or 2200 calories. Because most recipes are geared for 4 servings. We use the same menu to days in a row, the third day is leftover day (we try to plan rare out to eats, company, etc on leftover day). It is a lot of cooking every third day, but it has become a shared activity for my husband and I. Most importantly, my husband's has way fewer highs and lows and I have moved from hovering on morbidly obese to hovering on normal for my weight. I use MFP mostly for the leftover days and to record and control snacks.
  • Brandi1168
    Brandi1168 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I don't plan all of my meals out, per se. I usually pick one breakfast food to eat all week (ie oatmeal and fruit, cereal and bananas, bagel thins and reduced fat cream cheese, homemade egg mcmuffin sandwiches with egg whites). It is just easier for me to eat the same thing for breakfast. I change it up each week.

Lunches tend to be leftovers from the night before, or salad and soup (canned- I like Amy's or Wolfgang Puck's), or a sandwich and cut up veggies (I've been on a tuna salad kick lately).

For dinner we eat a lot of chicken, sometimes marinated and grilled or baked. Lately I've been looking at Skinnytaste.com and choosing a couple of recipes to try each week. The recipes on the website are pretty tasty and the calories and serving sizes are listed in the recipe. There are sometimes enough leftovers for dinner a couple of nights in a row (or lunches the next day, or both). This week we are trying the Jalapeno Popper Chicken and Fiesta Lime Rice (look on Skinnytaste.com). We are also going to have this Cream Cheese Chicken Chili (got from another MFPer): Cream Cheese Chicken Chili

1 can black beans
    1 can corn, undrained
    1 can Rotel, undrained
    1 package ranch dressing mix
    1 tsp cumin
    1 Tbsp chili powder
    1 tsp onion powder
    1 8 oz package 1/3 less fat cream cheese
    2 chicken breasts (I sometimes use 3)

Drain and rinse black beans. Place chicken at bottom of pot, then pour out whole can of corn (undrained), rotel, and black beans. Top with seasonings and ranch mix. Stir together. Place cream cheese on top. Cover with lid and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Stir cream cheese into chili. Use 2 forks to shred chicken. Stir together and serve.

Hope this helps. :)
  • dzinter
    Options
    Bump
  • jennyrae719
    Options
    bump
  • Sharona1958
    Sharona1958 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • bellefl07
    Options
    If we don’t have enough time to prepare healthy meals, it’s easier to accept our next unhealthy meal through a drive-thru window.

Starting today, you are no longer allowed to utter the words: “I don’t have time.”

Instead, you will say, “It’s not a priority.”

I learned this tactic from this Wall-Street Journal article, and it has been monumental in changing my frame of mind.

Watch how quickly your perspective shifts when looking at life’s challenges this way:

“I’d love to work out, I just don’t have time” becomes “exercising isn’t a priority.”
    “I’d love to eat healthier, but I don’t have time to cook” becomes “eating healthy isn’t a priority.”
    “I don’t have time to travel” becomes “traveling isn’t a priority.“
    Suddenly, the excuse of time becomes an incredibly weak argument. Crap.

Stings a bit, huh?

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2012/07/26/priorities/

WOW. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS!!! VERY TRUE!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!
  • areufnkiddingme
    areufnkiddingme Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I cannot recommend this site enough:

PEPPERPLATE.COM

Has a list of sites under the recipe tab that you can pull recipes from- including Skinnytaste which has most meals under 350 cals and all weightwatchers info included. You can then sort your recipes in to categories, organize them into a meal planner for the week, and then add recipes to a grocery list. There's also an app for it, so you can take your list to the store on your phone- or print it if you need to. Organizes items by aisle. Allows you to add additional needs to your grocery list. You can also resize a recipe if needed- double it or set it for a single portion only, whatever you need. Then, when you go to cook your recipes, there's a timer function that you can set to cook multiple recipes at a time.

Whoever designed this program had me in mind, for sure.
  • MidlifeGlowUp
    MidlifeGlowUp Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Clean Eating Magazine has weekly meal plans with recipes here:

http://www.cleaneatingmag.com/Meal-Planning/Meal-Plans.aspx

Give a look.
  • mermiths
    Options
    What's the calorie count? This looks delicious!!!
  • What does Bump mean?
  • lewis8082
    lewis8082 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to figure that out too,
  • saraphim41
    saraphim41 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    bump means I'm saving this to read later
  • jamiesteel82
    Options
    Thanks for all your help folks