supportive friends wanted!!

Options
So I have a few friends on this site, but I only have one friend who supports me. She's awesome! But I'd like a few more. :) my name is Stephanie, I live in New York I'm working four 'jobs', only get paid for one. I have two internships going in the baking/culinary industry, and I'm going to the Culinary Institute in March! I also volunteer as an assistant volleyball coach and I am a substitute teacher (the job I get paid for ;) ) so if you want some extra support, and you're a supportive friend, feel free to send me a request :)

Replies

• Ginagogogo
    Options
    Request sent-I'm on every day. Lets motivate each other!
  • StephanieJoy24
    Options
    Sounds good! :)
  • mom2handh1975
    mom2handh1975 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I'm a substitute teacher, too! I'm also on MFP every day. We're all on this journey together. :happy:
  • sarahsummers12
    sarahsummers12 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm on here every day - happy to support you and be MFP friends - request sent! :-)
  • Funsoaps
    Funsoaps Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Wow you are busy!

A tip on busy: pre-make and pre-plan food for the day/week by stocking up on snacks (like boiled eggs and get one of those lunch bags that are little coolers where you can put an ice pack in it), nuts (I love raw almonds, brazil nuts, pecans, cashews, etc.), yogurt, apple slices, organic celery cut up with some sunflower seed butter, etc.

also pre-makiing and freezing meals helps, otherwise it's very easy to grab soemthing to-go, or get hungry and indulge : )
  • becs_91
    becs_91 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'm in the market for supportive friends too! What a coincidence! :) I joined recently too - just posted a super long intro in this forum in case you're curious about my life story, haha.

I think it's awesome that you're pursuing culinary arts! I am SUPER jealous. Baking has always been a passion of mine but I never had the guts to pursue it as a career. That is awesome!
  • Ewaldt
    Ewaldt Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Pick me!!!!!!! I always need someone to keep me on track, and I would love to do the same for you!! :)
  • vintagekelley
    Options
    I'm a teacher an really hated subbing, so my hat is off to you! I need support as well. Add me!:happy:
  • Nekoashi
    Nekoashi Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    <<< Baking and pastry graduate over here :smile: feel free to add me ^_^ and anyone else on this thread. The more supportive friends the merrier! :bigsmile:
  • mlegosz
    mlegosz Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm always on the lookout for new friends to support and to be supported by. Feel free to add me!
  • AuburnGirl2001
    AuburnGirl2001 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm here everyday and can always use more friends. Anyone can add me
  • toughlovexx3
    Options
    just joined today and already met some awesome people. would love to help support you and hopefully we can all keep each other motivated :)
  • mlynwyn
    mlynwyn Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!! Always here to motivate!!
  • Kristy_Albritton
    Options
    AWESOME!! Always here to motivate!!

Me too! Motivation is something that everyone always needs!!! Anyone can feel free to add me for that extra motivation and support!! :)
  • Enig3matic3
    Enig3matic3 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Great! Request sent! Irony is I got on the board because I was looking for more support and motivation on here too!
    So we can help one another!