Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

80 Lbs lost...half way to my goal :) ...with pics

alucido
alucido Posts: 167 Member
I started my weight loss journey on January 17th 2012 at 330 lbs (maybe a little more because I did not have a scale at the time). As of Monday September 17th I am down to 253. I am halfway to my goal of 170 lbs. I would love to get to 150, but that is my “reach goal” for now. 
It has not been easy, but this is the first time in 24 years that I did not give up on a diet. I am finally ready to change my life and I am determined to keep going.
Hopefully these photos motivate others 

80LBSLOST_zpsb4172898.png
fullbody_zps1283c9cb.png

Replies

• mrsjarvis11
    mrsjarvis11 Posts: 40 Member
    You are doing such an amazing job! Keep it up and just WOW! Sexy and you know it!
  • wow. your doing AMAZING!!!!! and you look so great! you were beautiful to begin with, but really looking totally hot!!!

i started to ask how long it took to get to that point, then reread your post- your doing soooo great hunny. how are you doing it? wanna share some tips? :)
  • FoodPwnr
    FoodPwnr Posts: 153 Member
    You look awesome girl..good job...such a pretty girl way to go!!!
  • tessa175
    tessa175 Posts: 170 Member
    Amazing job! you look great, keep up the good work!
  • Wow! Congrats on your weight loss! You are truly inspiring. Keep up the strong work.
  • SimplyAmy70
    SimplyAmy70 Posts: 14 Member
    What a motivation you are! You look great and I cant wait to see even more pics as you get closer to your goal! WTG Lady!
  • gwicks54
    gwicks54 Posts: 201 Member
    Wow, you are a beauty. Congratulations & keep up the good work.
  • You are such an inspiration! You look beautiful in all your photos, but the confidence is really shining through in your current ones. :happy: Keep up the great work, and congratulations!
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,649 Member
    Amazing progress!!!! I thought these were your "after" pics! You look so good!
  • erikaaaaaaaa
    erikaaaaaaaa Posts: 155 Member
    Congrats! How awesome!!!! Here's to the next half.
  • wow! so awesome! you look amazing!!
  • alucido
    fullbody_zpsc95702d4.png
  • mzfiyaa
    mzfiyaa Posts: 94 Member
    u look great keep it up
  • beckyb0724
    beckyb0724 Posts: 15 Member
    Your smile is contagious! Awesome job! Keep it up!!
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Wow! You are looking GREAT! Nice work! :-)
  • sorry, i just HAD to reply again- cause i keep looking at your pics and my gawd- you are beautiful.. and honestly- u never looked like you weighed what u said you weighed.. and the fact that you are SO honest about how much your weight was to start and what it is now- is soooo motivating.. only like 1 or 2 people know mine, im so ashamed.. that you openly talk about it is so wonderful and motivating and girl- you are awesome.. and sooo pretty!!! i keep saying that- but i just can't get over it... see- im the type of girl that, when im out with my boyfriend and i see a chick i think is pretty or hot or whatever- i point her out and go- hey baby, look... you would SOOO be one of those chicks i'd be pointing out to my boyfriend..... and i really, truely appreciate and admire you for being so open and honest with the full body shots and the open, honest weight.. i can't really bring myself to do that!
  • lcooke24
    lcooke24 Posts: 115 Member
    You look great! Keep up the good work!!
  • luvs2teachincali
    luvs2teachincali Posts: 207 Member
    Wow, you have done amazing so far. Can't wait to read your success story. Keep up the great and inspiring work! :flowerforyou:
  • alucido
    Thank you everyone :-)

I have changed my lifestyle completely from before. I work out about 4-6 times a week now for 30-60 mins (usually 60 on my lazy days…or days I get out of work late I do 30). However, I try to get some type of workout in even if it is just a mile. I obviously use MFP to count my calories (I’m on 1350 cal. Diet). For months 2-7 I went to a personal trainer and did boot camp type workouts. A lot of stair climbing (30 flights a day was the minimum---depending on his mood :) haha). A lot of squats, pushups, and sit ups. The last 2 months I stopped going to the personal trainer and have tried to do it on my own. I’m running now (Week 4 of the C25k app). That has actually worked very well for me. Because I noticed with the personal trainer, I was building a lot of muscle and not really losing the weight but bulking up and the cardio has really helped. (I was having a hard time fitting my calves in some of my pants, which was not very womanly). So I’m hoping to do the cardio for a while and then continue with the muscle training again.

Food wise I try to eat as healthy as possible. I went from eating out 4-5 times a week to eating out 1 time a week. Sometimes I fail (usually on the weekends when I go out with friends). The biggest change mentally has been once I cheat I realize my mistake and I workout to make up for it and I get right back on the wagon the next day. Before I would go on binges and then never get back on. Now I realize my error and jump back on because I know that this is what I have to do to live a healthier lifestyle. It has definitely been a whole lifestyle change for me, but I could not be happier about it.
  • renjars
    renjars Posts: 6 Member
    wow! you are amazing and a great inspiration
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!