Sweet tooth!! :(

Options
Hey, I am just wondering if any of you have/had a really sweet tooth and if you have any tips etc on how you stick to a good diet?

Im good at dieting and gyming but my sweet tooth ruins everything! Waaaah! Haha

Replies

• bodyzen
    bodyzen Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Eat natures sweets! Fresh fruit! For my sweet tooth I like to have a smoothie of about4-6 bananas, some cinnamon and a few medjool dates! It is the sweetest, healthy meal I know of and I love it! Fills me up and carbs me up too so I have lots of energy for the day! :)
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I have a cheat day...sometimes once a week, sometimes once every two weeks. I go to town on that day, anything is fair game. It helps me stay sane during the week. Long term, it seems to be working for me.
  • katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options
    I have a major sweet tooth.. I just have a low-cal dessert every night. Sometimes that means fruit with some whip cream.. Sometimes I have ice cream. I'm in love with the Weight Watchers ice cream bars. :D
  • kstrunk1
    kstrunk1 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I have a cheat day...sometimes once a week, sometimes once every two weeks. I go to town on that day, anything is fair game. It helps me stay sane during the week. Long term, it seems to be working for me.

^Yep! My husband and I do a once a week cheat meal and I get dessert, too. I've lost 87 and he's lost 103. :)
  • kurtigusthegr8
    kurtigusthegr8 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Safeway has frozen greek yogurt. My favorite is the honey flavor.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Safeway has frozen greek yogurt. My favorite is the honey flavor.

Must try bthat!
  • munchkinhugs
    munchkinhugs Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Toast with almond butter and cinnamon. Yum!
  • SweetlyVague
    SweetlyVague Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'm the very same way! I usually eat natural sweets to try to kick the urge to eat a lot of sweets. I find that when I crave sweets, if I even get a little taste of sugar, it tends to cut the craving in half. I love eating fruits. Maybe even try lower calorie Jellos or puddings!
  • xiamjackie
    xiamjackie Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I have a HUGE sweet tooth. I eat a piece of chocolate a day :) I also work in cocoa roasted almonds and sugar-free jello. Seems to do the trick for me :)
  • Debbiedebbiey
    Debbiedebbiey Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Chocolate shakeology !!!!
  • Kwoman2912
    Options
    4-6 bananas? You must have a really big blender.
  • alesnie
    alesnie Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Emerald has a line of almonds with different flavors, for example with cocoa or cinnamon! Super yummy and healthy for you!
  • dwh77tx
    dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I have a major sweet tooth.. I just have a low-cal dessert every night. Sometimes that means fruit with some whip cream.. Sometimes I have ice cream. I'm in love with the Weight Watchers ice cream bars. :D

This! I refuse to deny myself. Knowing I get a treat at the end of the day keeps me on track with my exercise.
  • bostongeek
    bostongeek Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I've managed to retrain my overwhelming sweet tooth to fruit and other naturally sweet items, and eating desserts very rarely and then really savoring them. Like, I used to have ice cream once a day and now it's like twice a month, and I enjoy it more because of the rarity. I don't know if I can fully describe how amazing this change is--I'm talking MAJOR hereditary sweet tooth here.

What I found helpful was just TOTALLY cutting refined sugar out, and then bringing it back as an every-now-and-then treat. I'd already started to do this, and then I injured myself and couldn't run for two months (and counting...). I declared that I wouldn't eat dessert/sugar at all until I could run again (to keep from gaining back the few pounds I'd lost). I did loosen that rule a bit as dessert events happened (birthday party, fancy dinner date), but it's only been a couple of times since my injury. I am not suggesting you injure yourself, lol, but an extreme tactic like this might help, cutting it ALL out and then really thinking about what sweets you DO want and what might make them special. (date? making cookies with kids? friend's bday?)
  • Danayle
    Danayle Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I eat fresh fruit that I like to satisfy my sweet tooth, and I allow myself dessert every now and then but still stay within my calories.
  • bo4lax
    Options
    To curb a sweet tooth I like to eat about a teaspoon of raw honey or some dark cocoa.
  • emarose90
    Options
    I stay sane on frozen yoghurt and 'fun size' (nothing actually fun about them, as we all know..) chocolate bars - lunch box size.

I would derail within about 3 days if I couldn't eat something sweet. I like fruit, but nothing satisfies me until I've had something 'bad'. Probably a mind thing, but having small bars on hand keeps me on track :)

Emma x
  • IsisRosa
    IsisRosa Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    My sweet tooth normally kicks in at night, after dinner. A fruit smoothie satisfies it. It's just frozen fruit, a banana and water. If I want to get really crazy, I use orange juice instead of water, but that ups the calories big time.
  • jensfitpal2012
    jensfitpal2012 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I eat some fresh fruit,or have a frozen smoothie w/almond milk. If I crave chocolate,I have a rice cake with Jif hazelnut chocolate spread on it,does the trick.Of course,like everyone has said,you can have a day where you cheat every now and then,but then return to healthy eating.
  • imalexgirl
    Options
    I weigh in early Saturday morning, then have Saturday as my free day. When I am craving the sweet stuff during the week, I tell myself that I can have it Saturday, if I still want it by then.