So... I like it here!

Options
First time actually using this site :) I'm enjoying it and I hope I can meet my goals! College has not been a good friend to me and I haven't been a good friend to myself :(

Also, being a vegetarian, sometimes I find it hard to meet all the protein requirements in a day and finding time to exercise! Any tips and encouraging people would be appreciated :)

Replies

• xcarbonix
    Options
    Quinoa was my all time favorite protein when I was a vegan! Beans, lentils, legumes, nuts, whole grain bread, brown rice, and barley! I'm a huge nut fan and it always gave me such lasting energy too. Always buy in bulk when possible!!!
  • SandyCheeks2
    SandyCheeks2 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hey welcome to MFP!! College hasn't been good to me either though I have changed my ways! Feel free to add me! I'm not a vegetarian personally but I have a lot of friends that are either that or vegan
  • lrireland
    lrireland Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I love nuts too! The Emerald Cocoa Roast almonds powdered with dark chocolate... so good! But I should probably stick to plain nuts :P
  • xcarbonix
    Options
    Yesss! Dark chocolate powdered almonds or heck any nut is always my go-to snack! Don't leave me alone with a bag or box of them or I'll probably just eat a hole through the floor while I'm inhaling the bag.
  • becs_91
    becs_91 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    First time actually using this site :) I'm enjoying it and I hope I can meet my goals! College has not been a good friend to me and I haven't been a good friend to myself :(

Also, being a vegetarian, sometimes I find it hard to meet all the protein requirements in a day and finding time to exercise! Any tips and encouraging people would be appreciated :)

Hey! Ditto on the college thing, lol. But it's never too late to turn it around!
  • lrireland
    Options
    That's true! I think my biggest problems are not knowing how to grocery shop for just one person AND eating at restaurants and fast food too much. Q'doba and I are practically married
  • becs_91
    becs_91 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    That's true! I think my biggest problems are not knowing how to grocery shop for just one person AND eating at restaurants and fast food too much. Q'doba and I are practically married

Hahaha. I had the same beautiful relationship going with Chipotle. That's true though, grocery shopping for one is never the easiest (stuff goes bad so quickly! we're just one person!) not to mention COOKING for one. It's such a drag cooking and doing all that cleaning up and everything just for one little meal, especially when you're watching your portions. Tough stuff. So much easier just to go grab some takeout. But it'll be worth it!
  • Tami113
    Tami113 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I too am a vegetarian. Everyone has their own rules when it comes to being a vegetarian. I never have an issue with protein and that is because I eat fake meats such as gardein brand burgers, boca brand chik'n patties, and eggs. If you eat fake meats then protein will not be so much of an issue. Also, nuts are loaded with protein, peanut butter is too.
  • lrireland
    Options

Hahaha. I had the same beautiful relationship going with Chipotle. That's true though, grocery shopping for one is never the easiest (stuff goes bad so quickly! we're just one person!) not to mention COOKING for one. It's such a drag cooking and doing all that cleaning up and everything just for one little meal, especially when you're watching your portions. Tough stuff. So much easier just to go grab some takeout. But it'll be worth it!

Thanks girl :) I know I can do it!
  • lrireland
    Options
    I too am a vegetarian. Everyone has their own rules when it comes to being a vegetarian. I never have an issue with protein and that is because I eat fake meats such as gardein brand burgers, boca brand chik'n patties, and eggs. If you eat fake meats then protein will not be so much of an issue. Also, nuts are loaded with protein, peanut butter is too.

Yes! That's true. I'm a big fan of Morning Stars buffalo bites! So tasty. And I occasionally eat fish. I just have to get up the motivation to make it! Haha
  • jolene_alfaro
    Options
    :blushing: Hey! Also in college, if ya need a friend im here. I have snack issues lol