This is going to be hard

Options
Hi this is my first day on my weight lost goal. I still feel hungry this is going to be hard for me how do I do this??? I also need to make friends here and I can't do it on my app on the phone

Replies

• DeeJones32
    Options
    Hi I'm Dee new to this I don't know how to use the app to make friends do ill use the online one. I'm 32 Im a plus size woman trying to lose about 50 or 60 pounds that's going to be hard but I will try my best to do so. I am looking for friends to help me say focus. I only had 1750 calories today. I still feel hungry I think I might suck on a lemon or something. Please anyone help me if u can. I'm trying to get health now that's so hard
  • Shrelana
    Shrelana Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Can you make your diary public so we can give you advice on food choices? I was just posting less than a week ago with the same problem and some very helpful folks checked out my diary and helped me out a great deal (my recommended Calories from a BMR were 1300, and I was the same way, now struggle to get more than 900 Calories because I'm simply not hungry due to food choices :) ). You can also check my diary out for ideas - it's far from perfect, but will hopefully help you a little :).

Also, try drinking more water :)
  • Suni3276
    Suni3276 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hey there, First I just wanted to congratulate you for joining MFP!!! This is an awesome tool in loosing weight and has helped me out tremendously/ Yes the 1st few days will be hard with the reduced calorie intake but hang in there, your body just has to get re adjusted to the change in intake. Some times the combination of foods you eat can also make a difference in how fast become hungry, for me, an increase in protein, helps me feel full, as well as in increase in my raw veggie intake.. (you can also eat a lotl more veggies since they are low cal and have lots of fibers and water content in it.. and drinking water before during and after a meal also helps.. Some times when i feel hungry i drink a cup of water and if 20minutes latter i still feel hungry, i munch on a half cup of veggies or a fruit (well at least i try to..) But also don't change what or everything you normally eat suddenly.. things need to be done over time (again for your body to become adjusted) and gradually so you don't feel starved.. so eat a little of something you do like.. hope that helps Suni
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    hi dee. the first steps are the hardest, but once you start getting used to things it'll get easier.

logging your foods get easier as well because at first you're having to dig through the database. but MFP keeps a record of your frequently used items, so after a few weeks you can just use this. this is especially helpful if you eat the same meals

if you're used to eating way more calories then lowering to a huge amount will take some getting used to. my advice is to chose filling meals and stay away from anything reformulated as low fat.

eat lots of fresh veggies and fruits since those are high fiber and filling, but also eat plenty of protein like chicken, turkey, fish, eggs, greek yogurt . another really good snack for when you're hungry and it;s the end of the day is popcorn. i keep a bag of kernels in my cupboards. 2 cups is about 150 calories. i use an air popper and add seasoning like sriracha sauce, cumin and curry powder to make it even more delicious.

finally give yourself plenty of time to lost the weight and dont try to lose it quickly since the weight loss process is more about lifestyle and habit changes. the more of that you do whil losing, the less you'll have to worry about maintaining. i also would like to lose 50-70 pounds but i'm not expecting it to be done for 12-18 months after i started. so sometimes between december 2012 and may 2013 i'll be at my goal.

good luck!
  • fanniprincess25
    Options
    Hi im Fanny from ky and im trying to lose weight i really want to but Idk how im a woman of 20 pluss size clothes but i dont want to add more weight to my self I have 4 kids to take care and I'm only 25 years old and I feel like an old lady of 50 :( I need some help with recepies of healthy food so plz I ask u to send me a msg with tha recepies or a link I can look for it :) thank you!!
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! I won't tell you that it will EVER be 'Easy' but the Friends and support you find here will make the Journey Almost Fun. You can eat a LOT of Fresh Vegetables and some Fresh Fruit for very few calories and they will make you feel full longer.
    One of my Favorite Snacks is Fresh Carrot Chips, Apples, and Spinach Sandwiches.
  • nurseygirl25
    Options
    Hi!
    Just want to encourage you to stick with it. Any change is hard, and you will find that some days are harder than others. But some days are great, and I promise you won't always feel so hungry. Drink lots of water, and make sure you save a few calories for a treat once in awhile. :) Long-term success equals small decisions every day - nothing you do goes to waste! You CAN do it!!
    :flowerforyou: