who else does weekly menu planning?

Options
here is my menu this week:

monday - pork loin
cooked baby carrots and klondike baby yellow potatoes
pineapples

tuesday - taco salad (meat, black beans, lettuce, cheese, dorothy lynch dressing)
zucchini, cucumbers, yellow peppers with tzatziki dip
blood orange

wednesday - orange bbq pulled pork sandwiches
asparagus
peach

thursday - vegetable barley soup
crusty bread
blackberries

friday - veggie quiche
cheese and crackers
honeydew melon

saturday - leftovers

sunday - shrimp scampi
dirty rice
? (veggie)
tangelos

what's yours?
dawn

Replies

• becca09
    becca09 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Ive been planing to do the menu weekly but right now i plan the night before, but it changes throughout the day usually. So if i had lamb planned with mash i might change my mind and ill have something else.
    But it is better to plan ahead of time like you have.
    I was watching a show about dieting and they said 'by not planing, you could be planing to fail.'
  • tayner
    tayner Posts: 372
    Options
    wow, if only i was that organized! I am lucky to decide the night before what kind of protein to take out of the freezer! plus, something might sound really good the day i am planning it and then come that day it isnt what I want LOL glad it works for you though!
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    I do! I do! It is the only way I can get the gym during the week and feed my family before 7 at night. So I plan my meals, go shopping Friday after work or Saturday morning. Then I either make most of the dishes or get all the prep ready Sunday so all I have to do when I get home at night is either reheat or put it together. We generally have dinner within 1/2 hour of my getting home from the gym.

Mon Dinner: chile relleno casserole
    Tues Dinner: pork tacos with bbq'd corn off the cobb
    Wed Dinner: Gluten Free pretzel dogs with all natural organic hot dogs, sweet potato fries and a veggie
    Thurs Dinner: pea and carrot pasta with goat cheese
    Fri: Organic Buffalo burgers
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    "chile relleno casserole"

This sounds good share please.
  • lizzie84
    Options
    Mon- Antipasto Penne with Broccoli
    Tues- Chicken Fajitas
    Wed- Orange Teriyaki Beef Bowls
    Thurs- Leek and Potato Tart
    Fri- Morrocan Couscous with Veggies
    Sat- Crunchy Baked Tilapia with horseradish dip
    Sun- Beef with Bowties

I do mine for the whole month and prewrite out shopping lists and then just add things like toilet paper as we need them...it makes it easy when buying meat and veggies in bulk.
  • srhc0416
    srhc0416 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I plan my meals for my husband and I every Sunday afternoon and then shop every Sunday as well. I have found that it really helps me stay on track diet wise and save money because I have a well thought out list at the grocery store and but a lot less snacky stuff/impulse buys!

This week=
    Monday- white chicken chili+ french bread+ salad
    Tuesday- Baked cod (w/ a yummy breadcrumb, horsradish topping!)+steamed green beans+ brown rice
    Wednesday- mushroom herb chicken (essentially chicken marsala w/out the butter) +mashed sweet potatoes
    Thursday-leftovers or tortilla pizzas if no leftovers
    Friday- hubbie works so I usually have a veggie burger and a salad
    Saturday- lamb chops for my hubbie and a bison sirloin for me + roasted asparagus+ baked potato (valentine's day dinner!!) +a yummy dessert!
    Sunday- homemade roasted veggie pizza
  • BobbieJo_1977
    BobbieJo_1977 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Since I am home all day everyday I plan all my meals a week in advance. This way I don't have to worry about what I will eat. that includes all my snacks too. If I don't do this then I don't have food in the house and then I'll order out! This is one way I have continued to be successful!
  • LuRox
    LuRox Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I was doing the weekly planning and I love it...but we are trying to figure out our budgeting with finances and so far the groceries for weekly shopping isn't working...we've got to tweak our system, but it's great to know what you are fixing for the next day and have it ready to fix!:flowerforyou:
  • Micaella
    Options
    M- Chile rojo
    T- healthy mexican pizza
    w-spicey chicken breast
    Th- homemade Nachos (cheat meal)
    F-Pasta roll ups
    S?
    S-chicken wrap

I also do a weekly schedule of dinner planning because it helps with grocery shopping and it prevents from over spending as well. All of these i found on allrecipes.com its a great source! They are also all "clean eating" so thats a plus.
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I don't plan a week in advance but I usually plan my days the night before (especially work wise) so that there's no temptation to run next door to the store while I'm at my desk, and I know that I won't take the time to do it in the morning,

so in the evening I not only plan,, but also prepare my breakfast and lunch and snacks for the next day so it's all ready to grab in the morning. Pre log it all either the same evening or first thing when i get to work, see where that puts my cals for the day and decide what supper is going to be from there.

When I do cook I usually cook big (even tho i live alone) and cook more then one meal at once, so that i can do up serving sizes package them up and keep some in fridge and freezer so i now have a variety of lunches to choose from for the following week :)

planning my snacks in advance it the biggest thing, cuz if I dont have enuff to nibble on all day at work... i will be tempted for chips....
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    "chile relleno casserole"

This sounds good share please.

http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/chile_relleno_casserole/
    Instead of sausage, I used free range organic chicken. I also added fresh spinach leaves and corn to it. Oh and instead of the tomato sauce, I used Trader Joes enchilada sauce.

It was seriously fantastic! I'm going to make it again next week.
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I do this, too, for most of the same reasons already mentioned. Unfortunately, this week is a bad example.:ohwell: I have evening events at work 3 evenings, and youth group another night. Which means only 1 meal at home before the weekend:cry: I plan the whole month at once, but we buy most of the groceries one week at a time (trying to change that, but we're still getting used to a new pay schedule). We are not SUPER rigid about what we have. If it's Tuesday and the white chicken chili we had planned isn't sounding good, but the pork tenderloin scheduled for Thursday does sound good, we swap it. It is super nice to know that we have everything we need for the meal, though, on days like that!:laugh:
  • ready4change
    ready4change Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I love this! My sister-in-law inspired me on this one! It's so convenient to go home & know what you're going to make... after work, that's the last thing I want to have to decide! I actually like to do it 2 weeks at a time, since that's when I get my groceries. This is what last week looked like for me & my husband:

Monday: Homemade Crunch Wrap Supreme
    Tuesday: Pizza Burgers
    Wed.: Lasagna
    Thurs.: Chicken Parmesean
    Friday: Grilled Cheese & Soup
    Saturday: Leftovers
    Sunday: Beef Roast, Mashed potatoes, and corn
    Monday: Homemade Pizza
    Tursday: Easy Slow Cooker French Dip
    Wed.: Hearty Taco Casserole
    Thursday: Enchiladas
    Friday: Chicken Cordon Bleu
    Saturday: Ruby Tuesday's
    Sunday: Grilled burgers, grilled potato slices, flaky biscuits

If anyone else does, this -- please add yours! I love new ideas for my menu! =)
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Ooooh! I love meal planning. For one, it saves a lot of money on groceries and having to run to the store last minute to pick up items I need for a particular meal. This way I plan out my meals, and then go grocery shopping. this is also helpful so that I don't have to ask my husband what he wants for dinner. He helps me in the meal planning so that we both get foods we enjoy throughout the weeks. I usually plan for 2 weeks (paycheck every 2 weeks)...but I'm not sure if I can remember everything on our list!

Tues-- Quick Chicken Cordon Bleu w/ Whole Wheat pasta, steamed broccoli
    Wed-- Grilled salmon, baked potato, mixed veggies
    Thurs-- Pork stir fry over brown rice
    Friday-- Homemeade pizza
    Saturday-- Going out to eat with the hubby
    Sunday -- Zuppa Toscana soup (Olive Garden copy cat recipe) with homemade cheddar biscuits (Red Lobster Copy cat recipe)
    Monday -- Fiesta Lime Chicken & veggies rice
    Tuesday-- Tuscana Chicken Simmer with whole wheat pasta & veggies

.....I can't remember after that...haha!
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    i love all the new ideas! :)
  • lizzie84
    Options
    F-Eggplant Pomodoro
    S- Crunchy Baked Tilapia with Horseradish Sauce, Baby Potatoes and green beans
    S- Beef with Bowties and Asparagus
    M- Spanankopita
    T- Gumbo
    W- Tilapia Veracruz with Yellow Rice
    T- Greek Chicken Pita Folds with Tzatski
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I plan my dinners out for 2 weeks at a time, log them, then log everything else around them. It's awesome!
  • lilmisslanna
    lilmisslanna Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    bump.. sounds great!!