New everything... starting from scratch (aka crzysprstr)

Options
I deleted my old MFP account because I haven't logged in for a really long time. I think it's best I start over since I have strayed off from my diet due to my little "mid life crisis" at home. Procrastination has led me to yet another failure!!! I started out at 190lbs when I first started with MFP. I gradually lost 10lbs the first few weeks. One thing led to another and I became side tracked as usual! Maybe the fault is not in procrastinating "oh i'll do it later" or "oh that doesn't need to be done right now", maybe its because I just CAN'T commit to something every single day. So I thought "I'm a mother ... a fiance'... EVERY SINGLE DAY. " I CAN do this...

Replies

• mystikfairy61
    mystikfairy61 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I am the queen of procrastination and the president of the chapter for non motivated individuals. So I know exactly where you are coming from. However, at 51 it FINALLY hit me that if I continued like I am, I probably won't see 61. So here I am, on MFP and working my butt off to lose weight that I have put on. Logging everyday can be a pain, but just like exercising if it is done regularly it will become a habit. It is said that someone has to do something at least 30 days everyday for it to become a habit. Make coming to MFP a daily thing for you, even if you only come once a day and log stuff. But as you see the weight start to go away, you will want to come back and log to continue to see those results. I had never exercised regularly in my life until I started in Aug, 2012. I now exercise 45 mins 4-5 times a week and miss it on the days I take off. So make doing this a habit. It is one you won't regret.
  • MrsH1972
    Options
    Hey!

Well done for coming back and showing that you are committed to be healthier and fitter. I too registered a while ago and for various reasons I strayed from my goals and as a result I'm back where I started. However, I KNOW I can do this as I have done it before and it will be hard sometimes however, I know it will be worth it. I am sure it is the same for you, it's just a matter of dedicating the willpower, not letting the odd slip up get you down and staying positive.

Feel free to add me as a friend and good luck - you can achieve your goals :smile:
  • guamSUPERgirl
    Options
    Thanks ladies :D another reason why I signed back up! It's people like you guys that motivate me :D
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Here's the deal. Motivation will get you started but the commitment will help you carry through. You have to make a decision that you WILL do it. Period. There is no getting busy. There is no later. There is no don't feel like it today. It's like the Nike commercial says, "just do it." So stick around. No more putting it off. You can do it!
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    By the way, I just vacationed in Guam for about 2 weeks this summer.
  • guamSUPERgirl
    Options
    Thank you @ kcoftx,

I hope you enjoyed our little paradise :D