Weight Loss Pills

Options
I have a bottle of hydroxy cut max which I bought about 3 weeks ago. Will adding this to my routine of dieting and exercise help? Has anyone taken and seen positive results with weight loss pills?

Replies

• mystikfairy61
    mystikfairy61 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Go to this site and read what it says about this weight loss product and you may change your mind. A little of what is says is this:

Hydroxycut products, popular dietary supplements used for weight loss, have been linked to liver damage and are being recalled, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration said Friday.
    The FDA said it has received 23 reports of serious liver injuries linked to Hydroxycut products, which are also used as energy enhancers and as fat burners.
    The reports include the 2007 death of a 19-year-old man living in the Southwest, which was reported to the FDA in March. Other serious liver problems reported included liver damage that resulted in a transplant in 2002, liver failure, jaundice, seizures and cardiovascular problems.

That came right from the website. Please reconsider. There are a lot of healthy ways to lose weight without resorting to things that will do more harm than good in the long run. Take care of your body and it will take of you. Cutting calories and exercising are the safest way to lose weight, and are something that can be done for the long haul.
  • DaniKenmir
    DaniKenmir Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Just read this to my partner, he won't be using them again, which means I'm going to be throwing out money, it's a shame they have so many problems.
  • mystikfairy61
    mystikfairy61 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    If you haven't opened the bottle, take them back to where you bought them and see if you can get a refund. I had something similar happen with another weight loss product and I took it back and told them what I had found out and that I had opened the box but not the bottle and that I wanted a refund and I got one. Hope this helps.
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    The only diet pill approved by the FDA is Alli...there is a reason that it is the only one. Either they don't do what they say they will or they harm people. Stick to diet and exercise.
  • Ksparkles21
    Options
    hydroxy cut I havent heard much on, but ive heard if you want to take pills you should stick with vitamins at first, it will help out with nuttrients your body needs, But weightloss pills, my husband has had great results with the OxyElite Pro... he had hit a plateau , but when he started taking these he started losing weight, just drink lots and lots of water when taking these, continue with diet and exercise, hope it helps :)
  • janten
    Options
    Hydroxycut reformulated since the liver failures; however, I still wouldn't use any fat burners/weight loss pills, rather pointless because if you read closely they guide you specifically how much calories to eat, and that's pretty much what you're doing on MFP and that's what they're using to show you the "results" you get from taking their "fat burner"

OEP used to have 1,3 dmaa, used to cause something cause stim-**** in men, not sure how their formula is anymore. Of course you're not a man, but I would not know how 1,3 dmaa would affect women.

bottom line is, you don't need it. All you need is determination.
  • dayotte33
    dayotte33 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm not a pro on this by any means. My preference is do this journey as much as I can by staying as clean as I can. Lots of water, veggies, fruits, exercise. So far it's working for me. I do take a one-a-day but even some articles say that's not necessary. :happy:
  • deniseblossoms
    deniseblossoms Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I've used that and many others. At the end of the day (for me) they caused many problems. I wouldn't be hungry all day then when I crashed at night I was starving. They also made me edgy and agitated and actually exacerbated my depression.

Better to keep the money in your wallet. I supplement with CoQ10, CLA and L Carnitine. This is my second go around using that combo and my weight loss has been pretty steady over the last few months, just very new to this site...