Went over goal today

What do I do when I go over the amount of calories that I should have in a day. I really did terrible today. Is there anyway to make it up or, does it take your body a few days to get back into the swing of things? - Help :(

Replies

• DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    I try to work it off. If I've eaten supper early enough, and noticed my calorie intake is over, I try to do some exercise to burn them off. Take a long walk, slow if you are really full or brisk if you've had enough time to digest. I try to plan what I'm going to eat that day, and enter it into my diary early in the day. If I don't like where the calories are sitting I will adjust what I have. Or, plan on doing an extra long workout that day!
  • MikaSun
    MikaSun Posts: 1 Member
    I totally agree with dmlmclaren.... Just do extra cardio burning exercise . Thats good to be aware of what you need to adjust. thats an indication of being on the RIGHT track !! ( We all fall short @ times )..

Consciously Thinking,
    MikaSun
  • djcuts
    djcuts Posts: 26 Member
    You can't always be on target every day, like the others say, you can do some extra exercise, but I'd work to your weekly average and use your daily goal as a guideline. If you over eat today, eat less tomorrow. The secret to achieving your goal is to not expect too much too fast. And also you need to have relaxed days, if you're to strict everyday it becomes too much of a chore and you're building yourself up for a fall. :)
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    You can't "burn" it off. Once you eat the food that's it. Cardio won't remove all the nutrients etc from what extra food you consumed. Just take the hit and move on. Don't do anything extra.
  • Marmitegeoff
    Marmitegeoff Posts: 373 Member
    We all do on occasions, it is just averaged out over time. Move on and eat a little less today.