30 day shred

Options
I've heard everyone talk about it, but I don't know a lot about it!

What do you do?
How many times a week to do have to do it?
Any tips?

Tell me all!

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• 0MissErin0
    0MissErin0 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I just googled 30 day shred and it came up with heaps of videos, articles and information :) Google :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pc-NizMgg8

All the vids are on youtube
  • sarahjakef
    Options
    Hey i did the 30 day shred not too long ago, its a 27 min long dvd program, with 3 levels, you do approx 10 days on each level, i did it every day apart from a sunday, i think a rest day is important,
    first few days as you arent used to the exercises, you will b in a bit of pain lol, but just keep going, definately tones u up,
    I just finished doing ripped in 30 which is kinda like a follow on :)
  • PrincessNikkiBoo
    PrincessNikkiBoo Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I just googled 30 day shred and it came up with heaps of videos, articles and information :) Google :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pc-NizMgg8

All the vids are on youtube

I asked for tips too :tongue:
  • Tebbspcad
    Options
    It's well worth the money, you get to choose a intensity within each of the levels that you find comfortable and you can add additional resistance if it's not hard enough for you. I personally love this dvd (I lost weight & inches) and I intend on having the whole collection from Jillian when i'm done as I love the variety. Get it, you won't look back!

Tips - clear a space & make sure your floor is not slippery & wear trainers. Get a drink :) Do it everyday for 6 days then take a rest for a day. You'll see results by the 2nd week!
  • PrincessNikkiBoo
    PrincessNikkiBoo Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Is it just the same 27 minute DVD every 10 days?
  • Tebbspcad
    Options
    Is it just the same 27 minute DVD every 10 days?

Yes pretty much but as you get stronger you'll make it harder for yourself (more resistance, deeper moves etc.) - or you can even do 2 levels a day if you need the extra burn
  • varchar
    Options
    Here is this exercise on Youtube: http://youtu.be/ve-WiQKi_W8
    It's also available as DVD, probably on Amazon.

There are 3 levels - You do each of them 10 days. So in total it's 30 days of hard work.

This exercise is meant to be done every day, but most people do some 1-day breaks (once or twice a week). Just listen to Your body and check Yourself how many breaks You need. I noticed that if I exercise after 1 day break, my muscles almost doesn't hurt the next day.
    Remember not to eat just before exercising, cause 30 DS contains a lot of jumpings.

I don't know how much did You exercise before. I was doing some leg exercises for a month before 30 DS, which prepared me for it. If You didn't exercise before, try to do 3-5 repeats of each exercise from video, with as much rest as You need after each set. After a month You should be ready to start the level 1 rigour. :)
  • SamEriksson
    Options
    According to some posts here on mfp, Jillian has said that you should only do 30DS four times a week. And have one rest day per week. On the two other days you could do some other kind of exercise.
    When I started I did 30DS six days in a row, which turned out to be too much for me. It was too tough to do the same thing every day. So now I'm doing it only four times a week. It's much more fun now that I've started mixing it up.
    This is my weekly plan:
    Mon -Tue: 30DS
    Wed: other program
    Thurs- Fri: 30DS
    Sat: other program
    Sun: rest
    Do whatever feels best for you. Move on to the next level when you feel ready. It does not have to be done in 30 days so take your time.