Breakfast Ideas

Options
I need some breakfast ideas. Let me start off by saying, I don't like EGGS. So don't suggest eggs! I am getting bored quickly with cereal and other things. I will take any suggestions! :)

Replies

• MelbourneBelle
    MelbourneBelle Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    We rotate 3 weekday breakfats: ceral; baked beans on toast; the thing you don't like.
    Other ideas for toast toppings: tomato; avocado; cheese; hommus; tuna/salmon; chicken.
    I also enjoy museli, either straight from the packt or soaked overnight in juice, with natural yogurt and fresh fruit.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Im actually stuffing my face with homemade chicken vegetable soup w/assorted beans right now and melted parmesan cheese on top. Our mornings have been really cool and soup hits the spot!
  • farmwife3815
    farmwife3815 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I don't like to eat in the morning so I drink a protein shake with frozen fruit and a banana in it.
  • jonski1968
    jonski1968 Posts: 4,498 Member
    Options
    Yogurt, Protein Powder, Nuts, Flaxmeal, chia seeds...All mixed well....Staple diet of Champions..:bigsmile:
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Not a morning person and find myself always rushed in the morning, so my breakfasts have to be quick and easy. I'm usually in the 350-400 calorie range for breakfast.
    -english muffin w/PB and a banana
    -greek yogurt and fruit and granola
    -instant oatmeal with 1/2 scoop of protein powder and sliced strawberries or dried cranberries and sliced almonds
    -whole wheat tortilla w/pb, honey, and banana
    -whole wheat tortilla w/cream cheese, strawberries, honey, and sliced almonds
    I also eat a banana pretty much every morning
  • MrsHarris6
    MrsHarris6 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hm, sucks that you don't like eggs. I agree with the greek yogurt for breakfast. It's a great protein source. I generally try to do as much protein as I can, especially in the mornings. I also eat the following:
    1. Whole wheat waffle (about 70 calories each) with sugar free syrup (about 20 calories for .25 cup)
    2. turkey kielbasa
    3. turkey bacon
    4. fruit (any kind I want)
    5. edimame

Good luck!
  • weebub
    weebub Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have two breakfasts I alternated during the week - cereal (pick a really nice one - I'm having Hubbards Real with cinnamon clusters at the moment) just one serving, with a serving of peach slices in juice; porridge made with water, soaked overnight with chopped up dates, then served with a half portion of low fat yoghurt.
    Weekends - Sunday, my husband always cooks an egg on toast for me and last Saturday I made pancakes, served with kiwifruit and banana and a teaspoon of honey. Sometimes baked beans on toast.
    Hope this gives you some ideas.
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt with oats, nuts and a bit of honey with fruit and/or orange juice and a cup of tea.

Breakfast smoothie (for 2): 300ml low fat yogurt, one overripe banana, 1 red apple (peeled and seeded), handful (100-125gr) of frozen mixed berries/strawberries and a handful of oats. Process in a blender.

Whole wheat bread or crispbread with cottage cheese, low fat cheese, chicken, roast beef, hummus, tuna or peanut butter with a piece of fruit and a cup of tea.

Oatmeal porridge with some berries and nuts with a cup of tea.

French crepes (the wholemeal kind) with strawberries, berries and/or banana with a dollop of greek yogurt (instead of whipped cream).
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Overnight oats. You can google a million recipes, but here is mine:

1/2 rolled oats or oat bran or any combo of the two
    1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
    1/2 cup milk
    1/2 fresh or frozen berries of your choice
    2 tbsp ground flax or chia seeds
    1 tbsp sweetner of your choice
    1 tsp vanilla or maple flavoring

Mix together and let sit overnight in the fridge.
  • allison0102
    allison0102 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I basically have 4 breakfasts that I switch between (breakfast goal is no less than 10 g protein):
    - weight watchers frozen breakfast sandwich with turkey sausage (they have some without egg)
    - Greek yogurt with fruit
    - smoked salmon with cream cheese on a mini bagel
    - protein shake
  • indygal76
    indygal76 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the ideas so far! I am anxious to try these! :)
  • RachelSRoach1
    RachelSRoach1 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Check out www.skinnytaste.com, plenty of breakfast items that don't taste like diet foods :)
  • AliciaStaton
    AliciaStaton Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have fruit and yogurt for breakfast two days a week, then I mix the rest of the week up with cearls /porridge and toast weight watchers bread:smile:
  • lilteepot
    Options
    I get weird looks when I tell people about this, but I've been eating cold oatmeal every morning since July. I bought a dozen 8 oz.. jam jars (used for canning), and every sunday, I gather up a bunch of them and fill with 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats, 1/2 cup milk (almond, dairy, or even on occasion water with a tablespoon of dry milk when I'm out of real milk and really broke), a tables spoon of raisins and cinnamon. Let them sit in the fridge overnight, and breakfast is ready every morning all week. There are other recipes out there that make it more palatable that use greek yogurt. And you can always mix in different things. (I personally love bananas and cocoa, or chopped apples and maple syrup). Cals depend on how you make it, of course. With the almond milk and raisins, it's under 200 cals per serving. *shrug*
  • peacefulsong
    peacefulsong Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites as the weather gets cooler is oatmeal made with almond milk. 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1/4 cup dried chopped plums (sunsweet's plum amazins are yummy..raisins or even dried cranberries would work too), 1/2 cup vanilla almond milk, maybe a tsp of turbinado sugar if you need it. Mix it up, stick it in the microwave for about 1 1/2 minutes. Yum! I like oatmeal to be thick, so vary your liquid to suit your preference. It'll be just about 300 calories, depending on if you put in the sugar and how much almond milk you use.
  • jus_in_bello
    jus_in_bello Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Try no breakfast foods in the morning, left over dinner, smoothies/shakes (I lived on vegan shakes with tofu in them for ages, high in protein and really freaking delicious), make cereal bars, keep fruit salad and yoghurt in your fridge and ready for breakfast, check out food blogs for ideas, I really like OhSheGlows, I'm not vegan but she has awesome breakfast.
  • Annabel89
    Annabel89 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Mon-Fri I have one of these:-

- Granola with almond milk and red berries (I buy frozen and defrost the night before)
    - Oatmeal and banana w/cinnamon
    - Wholemeal toast w/pb and petits filous
    - Branflakes and blueberries

Depends what I fancy..I am going through a phase with the first one at the moment, it is amazing! I tend to try and keep breakfasts in the 250-300 range, and get some dairy in.

Weekends I swap my meals around!! Sounds crazy but it's really worked for me. I have a big treat breakfast with my boyfriend, we get a tray, and make cafetiere coffee and watch morning tv in bed with it :) Usually around the 500 calorie range.

- American Pancakes w/golden syrup
    - Egg mess (I know you hate egg..but for others, it's basically scrambled egg with chorizo and random veggies, usually peppers and red onion) on wholemeal toast
    - Bacon sarnies
    - Big fruit salad with yoghurt and mini pain au chocolat

Then for lunch I have one of my breakfasts from the week or just a salad so I can keep in my calorie limit :)

HTH,

Annabel
  • Sarge516
    Sarge516 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    These are the three meals I will typically eat in the morning.

#1:
    2 poached eggs <
    You could substitute Greek Yogurt here
    4 strips turkey bacon

Carbs - 5g
    Sodium - 894mg
    Potassium - 133mg
    Protein - 29g
    Calories - 267

#2:
    Kashi cereal (1 cup)
    1/2 scoop protein powder
    1 cup 1% milk

Carbs - 50g
    Sodium - 305mg
    Potassium - 605mg
    Protein - 35g
    Calories - 370

#3:
    1 cup Kashi cereal
    1 scoop protein powder
    1 cup almond milk

Carbs - 41
    Sodium - 455mg
    Potassium - 920mg
    Protein - 39g
    Calories - 360
  • MelbourneBelle
    MelbourneBelle Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I also enjoy mushrooms, fried in a little bit of olive oil with dry herbs nad perhaps a dash of spice - peri peri mix or paprika.
    Or there is a BLAT - bacon, lettuce, avocado, tomato on toast/sandwich/wrap.

If you are not a morning person (and I am not) plan the night before, have all the ingredients ready to go, frying pan on the stove, spray oil and spatula on the bench, so its just a matter of following the cues in the morning.
  • gddrdld
    gddrdld Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Try no breakfast foods in the morning, left over dinner, smoothies/shakes (I lived on vegan shakes with tofu in them for ages, high in protein and really freaking delicious), make cereal bars, keep fruit salad and yoghurt in your fridge and ready for breakfast, check out food blogs for ideas, I really like OhSheGlows, I'm not vegan but she has awesome breakfast.

Curious what you put in your "vegan shakes with tofu". Thanks!