Need help in choosing workout DVD

Options
Hi,
I am 28 years old, 5 foot 6 inches tall and weight aroung 180 pounds(now). I started doing insanity and i am now into month 1 week 4. I am starting to see some improvement in the way i look and lost around 5 pounds(185 pound to 180 pounds). Now i am thinking of adding another workout which will complement insanity in building muscles. I am thinking of buying GSP's RUSHFIT program and start doing Rushfit in morning and do insanity in evening. Can someone advice if RUSHFIT is good program that will complement INSANITY? am i overdoing here by working out 2 hours in a day?

Replies

• miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I always enjoyed doing the Richard Simmon's Sweatin' to the Oldies videos. He has a good warm up, low impact aerobics going from moderate to intense, and then a good stretch afterwards. And the music was fun! My daughter in law out in Idaho is now doing them!
  • HKooner
    Options
    I'm currently working out to Jillian Micheals 30 day shread dvd.....it's brilliant. I haven't tried the insantity workouts yet, but I'm building towards it and I think this dvd is really nice foundation.
  • sgarrard01
    sgarrard01 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    http://www.acefitness.org/certifiednewsarticle/1443/p90x-insanity-and-rushfit-a-side-by-side/

You might find this useful.... i'm doing P90x at the minuite
  • gemmalianne84
    Options
    I'm doing 3 at the moment and the combination is working great for me!
    Insanity - Just started month 2. It's hard but it is a really great cardio workout.
    Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred - On day 4 of level 3. It gets harder as you level up and combines strength, cardio and abs.
    Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown - Just started this. Never done yoga before, but this is more of a workout using yoga positions. Loving it!
  • Sadagopan84
    Sadagopan84 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone. I thought 30 DS was easy and did not consider other workouts. I am going to consider 30 DS and RUSHFIT. I will compare them and find which one i should buy. Thank you, sgarrard01 for the comparision between Insaity,P90x and RUSHFIT. I am not considering p90x as i dont have enough budget to buy all equipments. If someone has already tried RUSHFIT / 30 DS please share your results.