New to mfp - looking for others close to my age 50

Options
Hi I'm female 50 yrs old with about 80 lbs to lose looking for other women my age to help me stay motivated.

Replies

• atfarmer
    atfarmer Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm 52 - need to lose 45 - 50 pounds...I also need help in the motivation department. I went for a hike yesterday and thought I may die on the trail - but thankfully I lived to drag my fat butt off the trail and got back home :bigsmile: If you want to help each other out, please count me in !
  • wilk169
    Options
    hi i 'm 49 and need to lose 80 pounds been on my life style change for 2 months lost 14 pound first month and nothing so far this month need help
  • willbeslimannie
    willbeslimannie Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    well I Have a daughter your age but feel no where near my 69 years.... ! add me if you don't feel I'm too old ! Annie
  • kel665
    kel665 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've only just joined a few days ago. I'm 47 and need to lose 40kg (88 pounds). I will send you a friend request :)
  • tewmom
    Options
    I am turning 50 in a few weeks. I have lost 13lbs since starting my journey on August 26th. I still have 60-70lbs to go. I will send you a friend request.
  • 4d9r
    4d9r Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'll be 50 in February, and would like to lose 30 pouds by then! Would love to help motivate/encourage one another! Seding a fried request now! :flowerforyou:
  • yeahforme
    yeahforme Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Beefoutz - we are in the same boat, weight, goal and age. I am 47 years old with a goal of 77 pounds to lose. Don't know if you have done any research regarding a correlation between weight loss in women and age (i.e. peri-menopause, menopause, decrease in metabolism, etc.). What have seen so far shows no correlation, however, I still see references to a connection - all confusing.

Check out my profile - friend me if you want!
  • QueenofScott
    QueenofScott Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Tracy. I began my diet on August 20th and found MFP two weeks ago.so far I have lost 11.5 pounds. I am 49 years old and have 53-60 pounds more to go. Do you find that it is harder as you have gotten older, to lose weight? I definitely have. I am on the South Beach Diet. I would love to be your friend:)
  • m_wilh
    m_wilh Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I will send you a friend request. I am 46 years old. I've been on MFP for a year and have lost 56 pounds. 19 more to go!
  • Debby0904
    Debby0904 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    First I applaud you all for making this difficult but not impossible change. I've been where you are all at and a year later feel great! 45 and loving it. Feel free to add me.
  • DAREITUP
    Options
    I am 53 and need to lose 80 lbs... It is harder to lose as we age. It takes more focus, and it is a mental battle as well as a food battle. I am finally ready for the fight...lol...
  • Khymera
    Options
    Female, just turned 51. Needed to lose 99 lbs and have already lost at least 16 (I'm going for my weigh-in today). You can add me, if you like.
  • geecee77
    geecee77 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Add me - needing motivation too :)

Am 52 and live int he UK, and been here since January and managed to lose a whole FIVE pounds.....lots of things been going on so overall am pleased it is still a loss!!

28-30lb would be great - anymore than that wonderful!

Gill
  • aenvoy
    Options
    HI ,i am 50 as well , I just restarted after being bad in the summer and gaining a bit of weight back I realize I have to keep going ,,and not let setbacks get me down add me as a friend, I will help you keep going and you can help me as well,
  • TriedEverything
    TriedEverything Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hello! :smile:

Well, I'm not quite at the big Five-O yet, but not too far off it (I'll be 48 in few weeks' time).

I am really hoping I can sort out this weight problem before I hit my next decade, but my track record so far has not been great! :ohwell: However, I have come across some very successful mature slimmers since I joined MFP, and they have inspired me to keep trying.

I am aiming to lose about 60lbs, although I think strictly speaking it should be slightly more to get to my ideal weight.

I'm definitely finding it more difficult to lose weight now, compared with when I was younger. But the support on here is amazing!

Feel free to add me as a friend if you like :flowerforyou:
  • pinkminy
    Options
    Hi I am 55 years young , I would be happy to be a support friend if you want,
  • gcarrion1
    gcarrion1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am 55. So I will help you. My goal is to lose 30 by December 22, and over all and maintain, I want to lose 65 lbs. My goal is have lost all my weight by Spring. Let me know if you need anything.
  • pen13guins
    Options
    I just turned 44, but feel like I am 50. If that counts add me please :D

No seriously, I need some friends on here, I have lost all motivation.
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    turned 50 the beginning of this month...feel free to add me...but I'm all about kicking butts into gear to get moving..just a warning :)
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I'm 48 and I love my mfp pals! They are great motivators! I'll send FR!