NSV Pants size

Options
mariposa224
mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
I started on MFP in January this year. Started dedicated workouts April 3. I actually reached my goal weight (of 140 lbs) on August 8. This was a 25 lb loss. I've worn a size 10 for years, sometimes going up to a 12 and for a short period around my hypothyroid diagnosis (in 2010) I wore a 14. Since losing the weight, I had bought a few size 8s, but not many because I wasn't sure where my landing point was. I was a little frustrated with them because they didn't fit me quite right, though the fit was substantially better than my 10s. I went shopping on Friday because I had gotten to a point where I didn't like the way I looked in much of anything.

I started by trying on a size 5, just too see. I was actually EXTREMELY surprised to find that I could, in fact, fit in the 5s. They were a bit more snug than I prefer, though, so I opted for the 7s, which fit me fairly well. I then went into the Misses department and grabbed several 6s to try. They fit as well. I honestly probably cannot convey how shocking this was to me. I've not bought a pair of size 6 pants since I was 18 or 19 years old. That was 20 years ago. So proud of myself. :happy:

Replies

• Angie_Fritts
    Angie_Fritts Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!! That's a great feeling I'm sure!!
  • MSam1205
    MSam1205 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Woo Hoo! congratulats to you!! I think pants sizes are one of the best NSV's around! I hope someday to say my NSV is a size 12, right now I've gone down from a 26 to an 18 which I haven't seen in over 25 years. It's a good feeling, thanks for sharing :wink:
  • hunneric
    hunneric Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

I got up this morning and pulled on a pair of old moleskins I hadn't worn for years, only to find they fit like a glove so I have a very clear sense of just how good that feels. Well done.
  • Pedalpush
    Pedalpush Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Outstanding! My goal is your starting point! But hey, we all have to start somewhere and our goals are our own. And you're owning it girl! Way to go!
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Shirley in Oregon is applauding. Trying on clothes is a motivator to loose and also to stay on track....yipppeee for you!
  • niftyafterfifty
    niftyafterfifty Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Congratulations; wonderful NSV!
  • mamakjknows
    Options
    So agree!! Sometimes we (read me) get so stuck on what the scale says. A lot of being fit is not about how much you weigh but about how you feel. Nothing better than being able to button a pair of pants that were too tight or having to put on a belt because the pants won't stay on your waist!!

Keep up the great work. You go girl!!
  • mariposa224
    Options
    Fantastic!! That's a great feeling I'm sure!!
    Thank you! It is! Weird, but great. :smile:
    Woo Hoo! congratulats to you!! I think pants sizes are one of the best NSV's around! I hope someday to say my NSV is a size 12, right now I've gone down from a 26 to an 18 which I haven't seen in over 25 years. It's a good feeling, thanks for sharing :wink:
    That's great! You're making outstanding progress! You'll definitely get there, look how far you've come! :flowerforyou:
    Congratulations!

I got up this morning and pulled on a pair of old moleskins I hadn't worn for years, only to find they fit like a glove so I have a very clear sense of just how good that feels. Well done.
    Thanks! Good for you! :drinker:
  • mariposa224
    Options
    Outstanding! My goal is your starting point! But hey, we all have to start somewhere and our goals are our own. And you're owning it girl! Way to go!
    What's kinda funny is that I really didn't care if I dropped any sizes, I just wanted to lose the weight and get in shape. I was always ok with being a size 10, quite honestly. And I NEVER thought I would see the inside of a size 6 again, I was actually fine with that. lol But apparently working out and losing weight did even more for me than I'd planned. I like the way I look now, at least for the most part, so I'll continue, because I don't want to go back. Thank you. :happy:
    Shirley in Oregon is applauding. Trying on clothes is a motivator to loose and also to stay on track....yipppeee for you!
    Thank you Shirley! :flowerforyou: Yes, it is. I don't even like to shop, but seeing myself fitting in all those small clothes made it much more pleasant.
    Congratulations; wonderful NSV!
    Thanks!! :drinker:
    So agree!! Sometimes we (read me) get so stuck on what the scale says. A lot of being fit is not about how much you weigh but about how you feel. Nothing better than being able to button a pair of pants that were too tight or having to put on a belt because the pants won't stay on your waist!!

Keep up the great work. You go girl!!
    I used to get quite hung up on the scale as well. I thought for a little while that I still should try to lose another 5 lbs, but realized I shouldn't. I saw a photo of my face and it was almost too thin and it made me appear older. At that point I told myself "no more, you are on maintenance." Yes, when my clothes started getting big on me, that was a great motivator. :smile: Now I actually have the slight financial dilemma of needing to replace just about everything I own. lol But I have got a few things that fit and they look good on me! :happy: Thanks!
  • disiders
    Options
    WAY to go!!! I also was pushing a size 12/14, and just got to the 19 lb. mark. Yesterday I bought a size 14 KIDS jeans, and some 6s were fitting me! In fact, they were too big in the waist! FUN!!!
  • kw85296
    kw85296 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Yeah! So happy for you! IT IS A GREAT FEELING to fit into a smaller size and a size 6 is AWESOME! :)
  • jonilynn70
    jonilynn70 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    FABULOUS............ AND such a better feeling than a number on the scale in my opinion!!!! Great Work!!!
  • mariposa224
    Options
    WAY to go!!! I also was pushing a size 12/14, and just got to the 19 lb. mark. Yesterday I bought a size 14 KIDS jeans, and some 6s were fitting me! In fact, they were too big in the waist! FUN!!!
    Wow! I can't even imagine! Are they long enough? I wish I could've found a long in the size 7 jeans I bought. I got the regular length and, at 5'5" (which is not TALL by an stretch), they're just long enough. I won't be able to wear them with heels without looking odd, so that bums me out a bit. The size 6 pants I got are longer and look fine with heels. Not sure about the 6 jeans, as I've not worn them yet and don't remember from when I tried them on. Congrats to you! :flowerforyou:
    Yeah! So happy for you! IT IS A GREAT FEELING to fit into a smaller size and a size 6 is AWESOME! :)
    Thank you so much! :smile: It was a shock, but definitely the good kind of shock!
    FABULOUS............ AND such a better feeling than a number on the scale in my opinion!!!! Great Work!!!
    Amen! Thanks!!! :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!