coffee creamer?

Options
I am looking for a recommendation for coffee creamers. I want to stay away from all hydrogenated oils (partial or otherwise) and would prefer a creamer that is lower in calories- less than 30 per serving. I also would like it to come in a variety of flavors.

I've checked at my local grocery store and discovered that coffeemate and the local store brand do not meet these criteria. International Delights is the best I've got going at the moment. I also don't mind soy based creamers if anyone knows of any good ones.

Any recommendations anyone? Thanks in advance!

Replies

• PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    I really like coffeemate sugarfree hazelnut creamer. It is only 30 calories per serving. Without having the container with me, I think 2 tablespoons is the serving size. It is really yummy!:tongue: When I get a sweet tooth, i just fix me a cup of coffee using it and I am happy.
  • angelface12004
    Options
    They do have low fat coffeemate, myself, i use 1 cream and 1 milk until i can get used of drinking just milk, or maybe even try the Vegan, Gluten free, or Kosher milk and creamers, they should be less calories.

201511.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • AbbyE
    AbbyE Posts: 2
    Options
    International Delight creamer has Palm Oil (Palm oil contains more saturated fats than some other vegetable oils.Palm oil contains several saturated and unsaturated fats in the forms of glyceryl laurate (0.1%, saturated), myristate (0.1%, saturated), palmitate (44%, saturated), stearate (5%, saturated), oleate (39%, monounsaturated), linoleate (10%, polyunsaturated), and linolenate (0.3%, polyunsaturated).[2] Like every vegetable oil, palm oil is designated as cholesterol-free,[3][4] although saturated fat intake increases both LDL[5] and HDL[6] cholesterol.)

This is a problem for me too because I love my coffee!
    I prefer Coffeemate sugar-free vanilla caramel for taste and calories. It has about 15 calories per tablespoon vs. 35+ regularly.

I hope that helps!
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options

I prefer Coffeemate sugar-free vanilla caramel

My local super market does not carry this flavor (only vanilla and hazelnut), but the name says it all, it sounds absolutely tasty.
  • CAworkout
    CAworkout Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Silk brand creamers are my favorite! It's soy milk and I think it's creamier than milk or the traditional creamers. It has 20 calories per serving (1 tbsp) and one gram of sugar. I find that the flavored varieties (French Vanilla and Hazelnut) add enough flavor that I no longer add any additional sweeteners. The price is about the same, but the shelf life is shorter.
  • EmilyStrick
    Options
    Silk brand creamers are my favorite! It's soy milk and I think it's creamier than milk or the traditional creamers. It has 20 calories per serving (1 tbsp) and one gram of sugar. I find that the flavored varieties (French Vanilla and Hazelnut) add enough flavor that I no longer add any additional sweeteners. The price is about the same, but the shelf life is shorter.

agreed! i like the french vanilla...and trader joe's has soy creamer that is not flavored, but a little cheaper than silk.
  • emoodze
    emoodze Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Wow. Thanks for all the great feedback. I'll look more into the soy and gluten-free products. Thanks again!