What do you eat to regulate your digestive system?

Options
MVY_
MVY_ Posts: 253 Member
I need to find food that would help me regulate my digestive system. Any suggestions?

Replies

• ashleybr1980
    ashleybr1980 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tpow1196
    tpow1196 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I have found yogurt has helped alot.
  • 4given4life
    4given4life Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    This is not a food, but I find if I take a magnesium supplement every day I have no problem at all being regular. My mother-in-law swears by greek yogurt keeping her regular.
  • toxoplasmagondi
    toxoplasmagondi Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    High fiber foods like lentils and probiotic containing foods like yogurt.
  • jenistar
    jenistar Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I drink a cup of coffee every morning and that seems to do the trick.
  • flechero
    flechero Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Early on I ate yogurt and took a fiber supplement. Now that I've been eating healthy for a while, my body has adjusted and I don't need either... but actually have grown to like the yogurt so still eat it a few times per week. The other key is to stay sufficiently hydrated. If you are a coffee drinker, that can work too.
  • MVY_
    MVY_ Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I am hydrated. I drink about 5-8 cups a day. I sometimes take prune juice but not much help. I try flax seed but doesn't work as much as well. I haven't tried magnesium yet and fiber supplements. I'm looking more into greek yogurts! If that doesn't work I'll go into mangesium. thanks for the help!
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I eat Greek Yoghurt to support the digestive process and assimilation of nutrients and a whole slab of good dietary fat to help the regularity.
  • thecarbmonster
    thecarbmonster Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Agree on the coffee! I'm also eating more greek yogurt, but haven't notice any significant changes that make me take notice.
  • hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Yogurt, fiber and water does the trick.
  • lizardcave
    lizardcave Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt. Daily.

And not the stuff that is full of sugar and fruit. I like plain Greek Yogurt and I add my own mix-ins, or Chobani.
  • tiffanypettyjohn
    Options
    Yogurt and Oatmeal works for me! Along with lots of water throughout the day :-)
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    generic version of sugar free Metamucil. Works great. Keeps me quite regular.
  • tiffanympm
    Options
    Nothing keeps me going like a nice lemon wedge in my waters.
  • Slove009
    Slove009 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Coffee does the trick, but I also like the drinkable probiotic yogurts
  • Iron_Duchess
    Iron_Duchess Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Ground Flax Seeds to yogurt, oatmeal, soups, and stews. Apples, Coffee, and Berries everyday. Add lentils and all kinds of beans to your diet.
  • Sailorwind
    Sailorwind Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Chia seeds and lots of water. Extra servings of raw veggies will help also.
  • kstep88
    kstep88 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Try eating lots of raw foods. Berries have a good amount of fiber. Fruits, vegetables, and seeds. I like making smoothies with flax seed or oat bran tossed in, along with rasberries, blueberries, banana, and random other things. Sometimes a cup more of water per day can help and an extra walk after each meal.
  • jeme3
    jeme3 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    5 to 8 cups of water a day may not be enough, depending on your size.

One recommendation is to divide your weight in pounds by two, and that's the minimum number of ounces of water you should be drinking.

High fiber foods (whole grains, fresh fruits and veggies, legumes), probiotics (yoghurt, kefir etc), exercise, and water all help. Coffee can help get things moving, but fiber and water are crucial.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    Options
    Eat fruit as soon as you get out of bed in the morning. It'll flush right through you. Eat a lot of good quality yogurt.