Should I leave it today?

Options
Okay so i usually go to my cardio cycling tonight after work, but to be honest, i'm freezing, full of cold and if you're from the UK you'll know its torrential rain at the moment along with floods everywhere!
I have to take a long bus journey home too.

I feel guilty, should I just go or will one day not hurt...

Replies

• JoAlberts
    Options
    Haha

I was supposed to be going to a British Military Fitness class in the park today, but the ground will be very water logged and I don't wanna get wet! I'm gymming instead.

I have always been told that exercising when ill is 'counter productive'. I have no idea what that means though coz I can't imagine it would be...maybe it makes you more ill? I dunno....but I would use it as an excuse to have some warm soup and watch TV. You can make up for it at some other point.
  • Car0lynnM
    Car0lynnM Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    One day shouldn't hurt, on the other hand, getting some exercise will warm you up. Looking forward to my workout later today to warm me up. I'm cold to the core (I live in Wisconsin. While it's going to warm up later today, it was only 36 F on my way to work. BRRRR!!)
  • Bitsymac
    Options
    You should give it a miss its not good to excercise when your feeling under par, listen to your body.
  • renkatrun
    renkatrun Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    The rule of thumb that I have always heard is that if you are ill from the neck up: exercise. If it involves fever, aches and pains: don't.
  • feepug
    Options
    im sure missing 1 session won't hurt your goals, especially if you are unwell as you probably wouldn't work yourself as hard anyway. Put your feet up today and i hope you feel better soon.
    PS weather in the UK sucks today, im in Manchester at the mo and it is yukky!
  • crazyellybean
    crazyellybean Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Well 1 day won't hurt! But maybe you could do something inside to make up for some of it? .. Maybe put on a video or some strength training or Zumba at home? ..
  • Livingdeadgirl44
    Livingdeadgirl44 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    My bf doesn't even want to get the bus in the town to play boardgames because of the rain let alone do a workout :p

It may be wet but it's hardly unusual for Manchester.