Turning 30,,,

Options
So tomorrow is my 29th birthday. I have spent my 20s drinking, eating, partying and loving it. I am devoting myself to getting healthy before I turn 30. In the next 365 days I will be getting engaged, married, and buying a home. Not to mention the other happenings that will show up along the way. I am not new to this site but I am new to taking it seriously.

I am going to make a lifestyle change. Instead of huge portions I am going to eat half of that. I am going to get at least 20 min of exercise in a day. If i want sweets I am going to have them but I am going to have one piece or small bowl rather than a whole piece of huge bowl. I am going to set limits for myself and I am going to open myself up to really believing that I did not gain this weight overnight and it will not come off overnight.

It took 29 years to get to 296.5 I will see 200 by my birthday next year. I promise that to myself, my boyfriend, and my family.

Replies

• chellec23
    chellec23 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you!!!
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    i did a big chunk of my weight loss at age 30. finished the second leg a couple years later. it has resulted in my feeling better in my 30s than i did in my 20s.

also, don't believe the negative hype about 30s. it has become the best decade for me. it's basically like your 20s, only you have more wisdom and inner peace.

good luck!
  • lelliebugh
    lelliebugh Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    i am excited about my 30's. I learned in my 20's and now it is time to blissfully enjoy that wisdom lol. Feel free to add me I love new friends and the support system is always welcome.
  • triciah2005
    triciah2005 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey doll! I feel ya, except for most of my twenties, starting at 22, I got married, had a baby two years later, was in school while being a wife and mother had baby number 2 and am now still in school, trying to get my BSN in Nursing. Needless to say, I haven't devoted nearly enough time to health and weight loss, though I thought I was trying! Now I am 29, will be 30 in May. I started in June and have sloooowly lost almost 20 lbs. In the 7 months remaining til I'm 30, I'd like to lose another 50 lbs, and I think that is realistic! Best of luck to you and let's be friends to support one another!
  • phillipstab1980
    Options
    You can def do it!!! The ppl on this site is soooo encouraging!!! I downloaded it over a year ago but never used it. No that I actually log on from a computer and not just my phone I see a whole world of ppl tryna make life changes like me :) Girl we can do this!!!
  • Katydone
    Options
    Good start and goals. I would highly encourage you to do this at this time in your life rather than waiting till you get into your 50s.
  • enigmachik
    Options
    When I was 29 I made the same commitment you did. By the age of 30 I had lost about 80 lbs. Within a few years I gained it all back. Now at age 33 I am working my way down again. I tell you this as a warning. When I lost all that weight, I truly thought I had figured it out and I would never gain it back. Don't make the same mistake I did. You can learn healthy, permanent habits. Good luck!!
  • lelliebugh
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the encouraging words. The lowest weight that I have been in my "adult" years has been 232. I have PCOS and I want a baby one day, I am pre-diabetic and I want to not be that.. I want off the bp meds. I am young and i know this is my time.
  • Steph4454
    Steph4454 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I will be 29 in December and I'd love to dedicate that last year of my 20's to a beautiful 30 year old woman. I have spent my 20's going to school, getting married, and having 3 kids. I have had 0 me time. I will be graduating Nursing school next year and honestly looking very forward to my 30's. Please add me and everyone else too! I need all the cheering on I can get, good luck! You can do it!
  • weepingwillowtrees
    Options
    If you stick to your decision, you can do it. I will be 30 in december and i've lost 60 lbs already. Hopefully by december, I wil have lost at least another 20.
  • aprillynn329
    aprillynn329 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Another 29 year old here... I'll be turning 30 in March.

College, marriage and 2 kids, as well as all of the other stuff thrown at me in my 20's has put me over 200lbs... but I keep hearing that your 30's are the new 20's and I want to start off well. My goal is to lose 40lb by my birthday.

Good luck. You can do this! I'm sending you a friend request...
  • lelliebugh
    Options
    I want to skydive on my 30th birthday. so getting under the max weight for that will excite me too.
  • Ezada
    Ezada Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    You sound just like me!
    I will be 30 in July, I am currently 258lbs and started at 280.

We can do this! Feel free to add me if you need a buddy :D
  • lelliebugh
    Options
    i want to do a challenge... I want to set a monthly goal and achieve it... anyone want to do this with me?
  • mandiemma
    mandiemma Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I will be 30 in November...been going up an down all year... I'm making the goal to lose at least 10 pounds by my birthday (do-able) but by 31 i'll be a healthier version of my 29 year old self haha good luck to you all on your goals and enjoy your last year of your 20's (i sure did) lol
  • missfitjunkie
    Options
    Change your thinking, and you change your life.... I love it! rooting for you the entire way!!!
  • dmgbrown
    dmgbrown Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Woohooo!!!!! You can do it!!! I'm turning 30 in January and I will be my healthiest ever! That's my goal anyways ;)
  • Stephyotis
    Stephyotis Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My 29th birthday is in October and my goal is to hit my 30s looking and feeling great! We can do it, girl! I am in the same boat as you. I enjoyed my 20s, but it's time to get healthy, look better, feel great and love the new decade of my life that is coming up oh-so-fast. I, too, am getting engaged, married, buying a house soon! We're twins! Haha. Good luck to you!

Oh, and skydiving is AMAZING!! You will LOVE it. :)

Feel free to add me!
  • lelliebugh
    Options
    I am going to rock this last year. THen be 30 and flirty
  • Fay84Vegan
    Fay84Vegan Posts: 225 Member
    Options

also, don't believe the negative hype about 30s. it has become the best decade for me. it's basically like your 20s, only you have more wisdom and inner peace.

good luck!

I love this comment!

I'm turning 30 in 1 1/2 years and i was terrified until i read this! :D Bring on my 30's!!