What to do with Oranges?

Options
So this past weekend was our turn to bring oranges to my sons football game. However,t eh buys have decided they no longer what the oranges! Now i have a whole lot of cut up oranges that we dont really like to eat plain!

I want to use them up - so as of now i have orange marmalade to make.... but looking for other idea's.

Anyone have suggestions?

Replies

• debs6
    debs6 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Juice them and freeze the juice
  • beautylovetruth
    beautylovetruth Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Maybe make juice? Not too sure what else you could do, sorry.
  • Ivana331
    Options
    send them to me! hahaha I love plain oranges... I agree with the others, oranges aren't exactly the type of fruit you can mix with other stuff.
  • justjenn1977
    justjenn1977 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I always put oranges in my fruit salad... also a tropical smoothie would be good... just peel and remove all the segmenty stuff... and freeze for putting in smoothie... I put oranges in my cranberry sauce... sweet/sour soup I sometimes put oranges if I have them...
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Juggle .... :laugh:

oh whoops just noticed they are cut up so that could be really tricky - juggling that is!

Could you freeze them and then have them as treats?

Marmalade is good, but then you need lots of sugar.
  • jkcrawford
    jkcrawford Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Take them to work and share them or to school for a treat. Share.
  • luvmydog2
    luvmydog2 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    :wink: If your into gardening ...place half orange upside down in garden bed and watch the slaters craw in ...then when full throw in paper bag and in the bin ...works every time ...old trick !
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Take off the skin and thinly slice the orange flesh to go in a salad with baby spinach/rocket, red capsicum, walnuts and feta.
    Make a dressing with some orange juice, olive oil, dijon mustard and maybe a dash of white wine vinegar.
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I freeze oranges cut up for smoothies regularly… very good!!
  • pinkminy
    Options
    1. you can make a citrus sauce to have with chicken or turkey
    Or
    2. thinly slice oranges and red onion and cut up some mango put on a bed of baby spinach, sprinkle chopped coriander over it, and drizzle with balsamic vinegar
    if mango is out of season use well drained tinned mango tho not as nice as fresh.