Could I Have an Eating Disorder?

Options
Here's the thing...I CAN'T STOP obsessing over how many calories I eat every day. I used to have very strong anorexic tendencies, even though I was never formally diagnosed. Now, years later, while trying to lose weight after having my baby, I find myself obsessing over calories and fitness again. I am eating a much healthier amount of calories, never under 1200 a day, but on days I go over that, I find myself stressing over it, and desperately looking forward to when I can restrict again. I've recently upped my intake to 1300 a day since I started working out, and I was shocked at how hard it's been, I just can't bring myself to do it, even though I know I'm burning those calories off when I exercise.

I know EDs are more about what mindset you're in, rather than what you eat, and since I think about restricting and losing weight CONSTANTLY, it's got me wondering...Is this the beginning of another, albeit different eating disorder? Can I be considered anorexic/ED, even though I'm not undereating or underweight at all?

Replies

• 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert but I've had my share of disordered eating and I see an ED therapist once a week. My guess is maybe. Obsessing the way you describe can't be good, and could lead to further restricting to the point that it's unrealistic and unhealthy. I'm seeing my therapist next Sunday...I'll ask what she thinks and get back to you. :)
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    If you have the tendency, then yes, I'd say you could. I'm thinking the fact that your recognize this is a good thing though...and hope you can overcome the obsessive behavior. If you feel like you can't control it on your own, then definitely consider talking to a professional about it :flowerforyou:
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    That's why I stopped counting calories and just eat healthy and exercise.

Look up orthorexia, not saying you have it but just want to be sure.
  • ErzaScarlet
    ErzaScarlet Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I also had anerexic tendencies I originally lost weight i was on 500 calories a day but just think of the calories as building muscle and giving you energy to loose fat :)
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Here's the thing...I CAN'T STOP obsessing over how many calories I eat every day. I used to have very strong anorexic tendencies, even though I was never formally diagnosed. Now, years later, while trying to lose weight after having my baby, I find myself obsessing over calories and fitness again. I am eating a much healthier amount of calories, never under 1200 a day, but on days I go over that, I find myself stressing over it, and desperately looking forward to when I can restrict again. I've recently upped my intake to 1300 a day since I started working out, and I was shocked at how hard it's been, I just can't bring myself to do it, even though I know I'm burning those calories off when I exercise.

I know EDs are more about what mindset you're in, rather than what you eat, and since I think about restricting and losing weight CONSTANTLY, it's got me wondering...Is this the beginning of another, albeit different eating disorder? Can I be considered anorexic/ED, even though I'm not undereating or underweight at all?

I have struggled with much the same thing, as a person who has spent more of their life than not struggling with ED's I had this same inner dialogue about a year ago (an possibly posted it). The fact is, mfp is a great tool, but it may encourage our ED tendencies. I found that the only way I could stay on here is by changing my mentality about me and my relationship with food . . . I like me and the way I look, my goal is no longer to be the skinniest me that I can be but the healthiest and strongest. My focus is more on fueling my body than anything else (aside from maybe setting a good example for my son). Regroup and make some decisions about your outlook. Seems to me that "knowing is half the battle" . . . the other half is taking a proactive step toward doing something about it.
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I am far from anorexic but, I obsess about every calorie. I weigh every bite to the gram.

For me it is a Math problem.
  • shellux
    shellux Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I totally understand where you are coming from with this. I constantly think about food and what it contains and feel really guilty if I do not exercise.

Last year I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, I have suffered with pain on and off for about 11 years but suffered a real bout of it due to the fact that I had got so obsessed with working out I was getting up at stupid o'clock in the morning to work out before I did a full days work. This completely messed up my sleep pattern which resulted in more pain as I was not allowing my body enough rest time to recover.

I do not think this is a healthy way of thinking but try to manage it as best I can. I have started working out in the last month because I feel that I am in a better mind frame to manage the obsession now. I know it probably wouldn't take much for me to fall back into old habits but I am taking each day as it comes and hope I continue.

This is a great message to monitor because I would think that there are a lot of us out there suffering but not knowing what it is we are suffering from.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Interesting article from Pyschology Today, might be of some help. :)
    What's the difference between being fussy and having an eating disorder?

By Dr. Emily T. Troscianko
    Created Oct 25 2010 - 10:56am

These days it's hard to avoid people who have ‘issues' with food. Sometimes these issues are the effects of genuine allergies and intolerances; more often they masquerade as such. Sometimes they're diets to reduce blood pressure; more often they're diets meant to help get or stay slim. Sometimes they're about not liking certain flavours and textures; more often they involve avoiding, restricting, or augmenting a whole category of macronutrients: low-carb, low-fat, high-protein. And sometimes they're life-threatening eating disorders, or on the way to being; more often they're mildly problematic examples of disordered eating.

Perhaps this last phrase needs a bit of justification, at least from a personal perspective: most people who do the things described in the last paragraph wouldn't accept the label of ‘disordered eating', and would say, rather, that they exercise sensible choices about the food they eat, that they are doing their best to stay healthy: that they eat ‘carefully', ‘sensibly', or ‘healthily'. To my mind, none of these responses in itself constitutes an argument against the eating being ‘disordered' - by which I mean that eating is dictated by stimuli other than natural appetite, to the extent that eating according to appetite becomes difficult or impossible (in later stages because appetite has itself been distorted by these habits). I don't mean to imply that to eat well means to eat according only to the dictates of appetite - we have to go shopping days before we know what we'll want to eat; we feel obliged, and rightly so, to finish a plate of food someone has taken the trouble to make - but if appetite, inclination, what you happen to feel like, and how much you feel like, cannot make a meaningful contribution to making meal choices, there is something clearly wrong - and this is the case for many people.

The quite recently diagnosed disorder ‘orthorexia nervosa' (a term coined in 1997 by Steven Bratman, from the Greek roots ‘orthos', ‘right' or ‘correct', and ‘orexis', ‘longing', ‘appetite') is proof of how pernicious an illness healthy eating can turn into. This doesn't just manifest itself as the desire to be slimmer, or lose weight; many people have more constructive goals, and use food to try to achieve them: weight-lifters eat to put on muscle and gain strength, athletes to run faster, boxers to stay within their weight class. All these are valid aims, but the more important they are, the more extreme the equation of progress towards this aim versus the life restrictions required to reach it.

The sprinter who wins the race may well be the one who didn't go out for a beer with friends a couple of nights before; the weight-lifter may not break their personal record if they haven't planned the weekly shop carefully enough to be able to eat the right breakfast. Perhaps the trouble is that for most people, these goals are not articulated clearly enough, nor their importance weighed up explicitly enough, for informed decisions about the unavoidable trade-off to be made. If you ask yourself, do I care more about adding ten kilos to my bench-press weight this week or about showing my friend I'm there for her by going out for a drink, at least you can make a decision on the basis that you know there is a price to be paid for any success bought with dietary strictness, and you are willing, or not, to pay it. That must be better than an unspoken and therefore unchallenged assumption that my health, or fitness, or strength, or slimness matters more than anything - a prevalent assumption, in a society that encourages both individualism in general and one of its most distasteful specific manifestations, vanity.

Alongside the importance placed on self, and especially on physical self, in Western societies, the exercise of rigid rules in the realm of one's diet is one of the more obvious effects of a culture of too much, with too much choice: many people seem to think that because food is now something that can be individually controlled down to the details of type of vegetable-oil margarine and total daily calorie count, it therefore should be controlled thus. Even as recently as sixty years ago, WWII food rationing was still in place in Britain, controlling the sale of meat, and scarcity was a fact of life. Since then, food production and distribution methods have improved so much and so fast that we throw away millions of tonnes of food every year, we think we need 85 different breakfast cereals to choose from, and we'll be told by our friends when they come to dinner that they don't/can't eat grains, or dairy products, or whatever else.

This all upsets me a good deal. I try to be pragmatic about it, and resolve not to care what other people decide about their own diets, but I can't quite manage it. It matters to me that so many people are becoming unwilling, and hence unable, to turn up and, without sending instructions in advance, enjoy a meal cooked for them by friends or loved-ones. It saddens me that food can seemingly no longer be appreciated for the life-sustaining necessity, and its easy availability for the very recent privilege, that it is. It frightens me to think of the current trend towards more and more divergent eating habits creating greater social rifts, both on the large scale - the gap between carefully fed rich and badly fed poor widening - and on the personal level: feelings of superiority, inadequacy, and alienation being heightened, as no one just eats, but everyone follows a diet plan. It sickens me that the instinctively ‘normal' eating patterns that I now use as my own yardstick might soon no longer be a social norm at all.

Given my history of anorexia, and the intense efforts I have recently put into clawing my way out of obsession, it perhaps isn't surprising that I often see more pathological traits in people's fussiness over food than are really there - or more, at least, than they acknowledge to themselves. I've been asking myself of late whether there is a clear boundary which some people overstep and others don't, and which marks the progression of mere fussiness into a fuller disorder. And if there is such a boundary, where precisely does it lie?

The obvious answer is that there is no line that, once crossed, marks the inevitable start of an eating disorder in the majority of people. A more interesting answer is that there are clearly a number of behaviours and thought patterns which signal that considerable psychological, physiological, and/or social damage is being done. Being aware of these might make it easier for the disordered eating to be tackled before it becomes a more serious disorder, and for people recovering from those more serious eating disorders to see other people's behaviours for what they are: not without risk.

So, here is a preliminary attempt at listing some habits that might mark the transition from ‘fussy with food' to ‘obsessed about food'. Some of the points below are adapted from the ‘Bratman Test for Orthorexia'.

1. All your eating is planned days in advance, and eating unplanned, or unpredictable, food becomes a source of worry or fear beforehand and possible guilt afterwards.

2. You weigh ingredients when you make food for yourself, and consult nutritional information when deciding what to buy.

3. You have a list of forbidden foods, and suffer from guilt, anxiety, or psychosomatic physical reactions if you do consume any of these.

4. The guilt of eating forbidden foods leads you to tighten up the rules that have been broken, making another transgression all the more traumatic.

5. Eating in such a controlled way induces a sense of superiority over those who don't exercise such control: other people come to seem weak, ignorant, greedy, pitiable, and so on. Conversely, your own self-esteem is dependent on the way in which you eat: your diet allows you to feel good and confident about yourself.

6. You feel pure, light, clean, and/or happy because of the foods you eat, and those you don't.

7. You use moral or ethical convictions, or a self-diagnosis of an ‘intolerance', to justify your food rules to others, whilst being aware that you have other reasons (such as nos. 1, 3, 4, 5, and 6 above) for following these rules.

8. You weigh yourself frequently and adapt your diet to the results.

9. You read up on the latest food scares, or on the latest scientific research on nutrition, and adapt your diet to what you learn.

10. You spend more than three hours a day thinking about and planning what you eat, and eating matters to you as much as or more than many of the other activities in your day.

The interesting thing about this list is that most of the items on it, taken in isolation, seem rather harmless, and almost too normal, or rather too common, to be worth bothering to write about. But the more of these symptoms of obsession become part of one's life, the further one moves from being able to live with food as it should be lived with: as something that keeps one alive, something that can help bring one closer to those one cares about, something that we are very lucky to have in abundance - and may not always have thus -, and something that can give visceral pleasure, through its taste alone, in the very act of eating.

Food is fuel, and food is a sensual pleasure and a social bond. It isn't well suited to being a tool for self-improvement, because manipulating food rapidly affects the rest of life, and it becomes difficult, firstly to see clearly all the things that are being altered by one's altered diet, and secondly to move ‘back' from greater control to less. We are taught very early on that self-control is admirable and lack of it despicable, or pitiable. We are not taught - perhaps because it's assumed that most people's will power, or their sense of community and moderation, is too strong to need to be taught - how easily self-control can spiral into an addiction to that control. At that point, of course, it no longer matters whether you think you've reached your original goal or not, because the means is now the end. You are no longer ‘in control', you're controlled by the craving for control - and this happens particularly easily when it comes to food, because the moral associations with fatness on the one hand and thinness on the other have become so strong of late.

It would do us good to be able to acknowledge that moderation is in fact far harder than fanaticism, even when it comes to food; that always saying no is much easier than listening to one's whims, or thinking of one's companions, even when it comes to food; and that complete self-control is the ultimate weakness, even and especially when it comes to food. We all know these things in other realms, but there's a weird blindspot when it comes to diet and physique. It's fun to look directly at that darkness, and stare it into the light.
  • annwyatt69
    annwyatt69 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I obviously am not a psychologist or therapist, but having suffered from both anorexia and bulimia for many years, I know that the mind is where the problem is, not the food intake. I don't think an ED ever really goes away, we just learn to deal with in a healthy manner. Yes, there are many days, even months, that I do not obsess over food the way I used to, but the thought process is always there in the back of my mind. Having gone through treatment in a medical facility for ED's, I know that it is much like alcoholism. Once it's there, you can manage it, but it always sits there in the background. That's the way it is for me anyway.
  • newhabit
    newhabit Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    i had the same problem about 6 months ago. i started on MFP in august of 2011 and became obsessed when i reached close to my goal weight. i took intermittant breaks from here and eventually was able to get back on after facing some issues. but issues do still come up from time to time . when i was 16 i did have an ED because I was doing the same thing, restricting calories to lose weight which led to it . i was able to recognize it at that point and get over it . then, same story, had a baby, was at the highest weight i have ever been at. lost 27 lb and then became obsessed about calories, getting right amounts of protein, carbs, etc. that is why i had to take a break. i was able to start again in august of 2012. i had gained about 11 lb back and now i have 9 to go untili get back to goal weight again. i learned that i need to let myself have treats or i will have problems with binging. i can't let calories get too low. now i am losing weight at a moderate deficit 1600 plus exercise calories. and it's working much better than 1200. i am not binging, i allow myself treats, i dont' freak out if i go over. feel free to friend me if you want.

Also even if you don't have full blown ED, there is eating disorder mentality that i believe goes along with dieting at times... the idea is to make it about healthy lifestyle as a goal... for me that means a good amount of calories, enjoying stuff i like and catching myself when im "obsessing"... oh and doing exercise i actually enjoy!
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options

These days it's hard to avoid people who have ‘issues' with food. Sometimes these issues are the effects of genuine allergies and intolerances; more often they masquerade as such. Sometimes they're diets to reduce blood pressure; more often they're diets meant to help get or stay slim. Sometimes they're about not liking certain flavours and textures; more often they involve avoiding, restricting, or augmenting a whole category of macronutrients: low-carb, low-fat, high-protein. And sometimes they're life-threatening eating disorders, or on the way to being; more often they're mildly problematic examples of disordered eating.

Perhaps this last phrase needs a bit of justification, at least from a personal perspective: most people who do the things described in the last paragraph wouldn't accept the label of ‘disordered eating', and would say, rather, that they exercise sensible choices about the food they eat, that they are doing their best to stay healthy: that they eat ‘carefully', ‘sensibly', or ‘healthily'. To my mind, none of these responses in itself constitutes an argument against the eating being ‘disordered' - by which I mean that eating is dictated by stimuli other than natural appetite, to the extent that eating according to appetite becomes difficult or impossible (in later stages because appetite has itself been distorted by these habits). I don't mean to imply that to eat well means to eat according only to the dictates of appetite - we have to go shopping days before we know what we'll want to eat; we feel obliged, and rightly so, to finish a plate of food someone has taken the trouble to make - but if appetite, inclination, what you happen to feel like, and how much you feel like, cannot make a meaningful contribution to making meal choices, there is something clearly wrong - and this is the case for many people.

The quite recently diagnosed disorder ‘orthorexia nervosa' (a term coined in 1997 by Steven Bratman, from the Greek roots ‘orthos', ‘right' or ‘correct', and ‘orexis', ‘longing', ‘appetite') is proof of how pernicious an illness healthy eating can turn into. This doesn't just manifest itself as the desire to be slimmer, or lose weight; many people have more constructive goals, and use food to try to achieve them: weight-lifters eat to put on muscle and gain strength, athletes to run faster, boxers to stay within their weight class. All these are valid aims, but the more important they are, the more extreme the equation of progress towards this aim versus the life restrictions required to reach it.

The sprinter who wins the race may well be the one who didn't go out for a beer with friends a couple of nights before; the weight-lifter may not break their personal record if they haven't planned the weekly shop carefully enough to be able to eat the right breakfast. Perhaps the trouble is that for most people, these goals are not articulated clearly enough, nor their importance weighed up explicitly enough, for informed decisions about the unavoidable trade-off to be made. If you ask yourself, do I care more about adding ten kilos to my bench-press weight this week or about showing my friend I'm there for her by going out for a drink, at least you can make a decision on the basis that you know there is a price to be paid for any success bought with dietary strictness, and you are willing, or not, to pay it. That must be better than an unspoken and therefore unchallenged assumption that my health, or fitness, or strength, or slimness matters more than anything - a prevalent assumption, in a society that encourages both individualism in general and one of its most distasteful specific manifestations, vanity.

Alongside the importance placed on self, and especially on physical self, in Western societies, the exercise of rigid rules in the realm of one's diet is one of the more obvious effects of a culture of too much, with too much choice: many people seem to think that because food is now something that can be individually controlled down to the details of type of vegetable-oil margarine and total daily calorie count, it therefore should be controlled thus. Even as recently as sixty years ago, WWII food rationing was still in place in Britain, controlling the sale of meat, and scarcity was a fact of life. Since then, food production and distribution methods have improved so much and so fast that we throw away millions of tonnes of food every year, we think we need 85 different breakfast cereals to choose from, and we'll be told by our friends when they come to dinner that they don't/can't eat grains, or dairy products, or whatever else.

This all upsets me a good deal. I try to be pragmatic about it, and resolve not to care what other people decide about their own diets, but I can't quite manage it. It matters to me that so many people are becoming unwilling, and hence unable, to turn up and, without sending instructions in advance, enjoy a meal cooked for them by friends or loved-ones. It saddens me that food can seemingly no longer be appreciated for the life-sustaining necessity, and its easy availability for the very recent privilege, that it is. It frightens me to think of the current trend towards more and more divergent eating habits creating greater social rifts, both on the large scale - the gap between carefully fed rich and badly fed poor widening - and on the personal level: feelings of superiority, inadequacy, and alienation being heightened, as no one just eats, but everyone follows a diet plan. It sickens me that the instinctively ‘normal' eating patterns that I now use as my own yardstick might soon no longer be a social norm at all.

Given my history of anorexia, and the intense efforts I have recently put into clawing my way out of obsession, it perhaps isn't surprising that I often see more pathological traits in people's fussiness over food than are really there - or more, at least, than they acknowledge to themselves. I've been asking myself of late whether there is a clear boundary which some people overstep and others don't, and which marks the progression of mere fussiness into a fuller disorder. And if there is such a boundary, where precisely does it lie?

The obvious answer is that there is no line that, once crossed, marks the inevitable start of an eating disorder in the majority of people. A more interesting answer is that there are clearly a number of behaviours and thought patterns which signal that considerable psychological, physiological, and/or social damage is being done. Being aware of these might make it easier for the disordered eating to be tackled before it becomes a more serious disorder, and for people recovering from those more serious eating disorders to see other people's behaviours for what they are: not without risk.

So, here is a preliminary attempt at listing some habits that might mark the transition from ‘fussy with food' to ‘obsessed about food'. Some of the points below are adapted from the ‘Bratman Test for Orthorexia'.

1. All your eating is planned days in advance, and eating unplanned, or unpredictable, food becomes a source of worry or fear beforehand and possible guilt afterwards.

2. You weigh ingredients when you make food for yourself, and consult nutritional information when deciding what to buy.

3. You have a list of forbidden foods, and suffer from guilt, anxiety, or psychosomatic physical reactions if you do consume any of these.

4. The guilt of eating forbidden foods leads you to tighten up the rules that have been broken, making another transgression all the more traumatic.

5. Eating in such a controlled way induces a sense of superiority over those who don't exercise such control: other people come to seem weak, ignorant, greedy, pitiable, and so on. Conversely, your own self-esteem is dependent on the way in which you eat: your diet allows you to feel good and confident about yourself.

6. You feel pure, light, clean, and/or happy because of the foods you eat, and those you don't.

7. You use moral or ethical convictions, or a self-diagnosis of an ‘intolerance', to justify your food rules to others, whilst being aware that you have other reasons (such as nos. 1, 3, 4, 5, and 6 above) for following these rules.

9. You read up on the latest food scares, or on the latest scientific research on nutrition, and adapt your diet to what you learn.

10. You spend more than three hours a day thinking about and planning what you eat, and eating matters to you as much as or more than many of the other activities in your day.

The interesting thing about this list is that most of the items on it, taken in isolation, seem rather harmless, and almost too normal, or rather too common, to be worth bothering to write about. But the more of these symptoms of obsession become part of one's life, the further one moves from being able to live with food as it should be lived with: as something that keeps one alive, something that can help bring one closer to those one cares about, something that we are very lucky to have in abundance - and may not always have thus -, and something that can give visceral pleasure, through its taste alone, in the very act of eating.

Food is fuel, and food is a sensual pleasure and a social bond. It isn't well suited to being a tool for self-improvement, because manipulating food rapidly affects the rest of life, and it becomes difficult, firstly to see clearly all the things that are being altered by one's altered diet, and secondly to move ‘back' from greater control to less. We are taught very early on that self-control is admirable and lack of it despicable, or pitiable. We are not taught - perhaps because it's assumed that most people's will power, or their sense of community and moderation, is too strong to need to be taught - how easily self-control can spiral into an addiction to that control. At that point, of course, it no longer matters whether you think you've reached your original goal or not, because the means is now the end. You are no longer ‘in control', you're controlled by the craving for control - and this happens particularly easily when it comes to food, because the moral associations with fatness on the one hand and thinness on the other have become so strong of late.

It would do us good to be able to acknowledge that moderation is in fact far harder than fanaticism, even when it comes to food; that always saying no is much easier than listening to one's whims, or thinking of one's companions, even when it comes to food; and that complete self-control is the ultimate weakness, even and especially when it comes to food. We all know these things in other realms, but there's a weird blindspot when it comes to diet and physique. It's fun to look directly at that darkness, and stare it into the light.

Although I see the point that you are trying to make by posting this article, I don't think that this is the correct thread for it. She is expressing genuine concern that she may be slipping back into an old disorder (or starting a new one). Reading the list towards the bottom that lists out the "obsessive" behaviors- I've come to the conclusion that I have an eating disorder. And so does 85% of the people on this site, and almost every dietician that has ever practiced healthy eating.

The way I see 90% of that list is considered healthy eating. I plan my meals for the entire day, I weigh ingredients when I cook for myself, I see planning my eating an important daily activity, I feel good about myself when I manage to eat well for the day/week, I research foods that I am not familiar with before I introduce them into my diet, if I find that I gained weight over a time period when I wasn't trying to gain, I'll adapt my eating habits.

To me, the majority of that list is how you live your life eating healthy. It doesn't necessarily mean you have a disorder.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options

Based on 2, 9, and 10 I have disordered eating. Based on paragraphs 6, 7, and 8 this article is definitely colored by the author's experience and written without independence and with prejudice. It seems to me that, like other things in this author's life, she has taken this also to extremes, particularly since she has said that this is just the beginning of a list that she is trying to form seemingly independent of other's opinions. That may be a bit harsh, but she speaks in black and white with little allowance for the grey area. Under eating is disordered, over eating is disordered, and now thoughtful eating is disordered . . . if you take this article literally there is no such thing as healthy eating except thoughtless eating . . . which can be a cause of under eating or over eating.
  • AngelaLang24
    AngelaLang24 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Normal weight loss after recovering from an ED is a very slippery slope. I'm learning that myself as I try to lose "baby" weight. I have been "recovered" from anorexia and bulimia for nearly 8 years, but since starting this weight loss journey, I still feel those old feelings creeping back. My advice is, if you think you are obsessing too much, then you probably are. Do you have a counselor/therapist that you can go to? I wish you luck! It's a constant struggle!
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your comments, everyone! I think I may have orthorexic tendencies. I'm glad I was made aware of it before it becomes a legitimate problem. I think this is something I'm going to have to battle for a long time, but as long as I can head myself off when I start getting control-freaky about my food, I think I can keep it under control.
  • jlh1411
    Options
    best way to make changes is to realise theres a problem. well done lady, be proud of yourself. jxx