Acai berry/Green tea

Options
Hi every one, I have been taking pure acai berry capsules and drinking quite a lot of green to to help me with weight loss, is any one else using any of these things to aid in weight loss and do you notice a difference from before you used them while dieting and after

Replies

• sadyel
    sadyel Posts: 250
    Options
    bump
  • OooLaurenooO
    OooLaurenooO Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Hey, I tried the acai pills & found they made me more hungry so i wanted to eat more.. (i did snack) however i did find the tea curbed my hunger, also cranberry & acerola tea i liked..was good too.
  • Kourtne_KK
    Kourtne_KK Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Green tea always curb my hunger. I usually make a lot and put it in a huge drinking flask(I like mines hot). I have acai berry tea also and its really yummy served ice cold. I heard that drinking 4 cups of green tea a day can help you burn 50 calories! So there's no harm in drinking it!
  • sadyel
    Options
    i drink around 5 cups a day iv replaced coffee with them and i feel like i have more energy aswell, cant hurt when excersizing anyway :)
  • browneyes2479
    Options
    Hi -

Which brand of green tea do you drink? I wanted to purchase some from the grocery store yesterday but was overwhelmed by the available selection :)
  • sadyel
    Options
    I buy different each time to test them out, the shop brand, iv had tetley, and twinings aswell, i always get the green tea with citrus or lemon they are better
  • Larissafaith
    Options
    I drink a huge amount of green tea, but not to help with the weight loss. I drink it because I like it :) But yeah, with practically no calories, sugar or fat in it, you can drink as much as you want of it! I've found that it really does help to curb my appetite, I normally have at least one cup with each meal, and then several more throughout the day :)
  • sadyel
    Options
    yea i enjoy it too and it does fill me up (green tea), iv read that it can double your weight loss, im not sure if its because people eat less with feeling more full or its speeds up metabolism or helps burn fat at all?
  • readthat
    Options
    I have been trying to drink more green tea. I like black tea in the morning but I want to drink 3 more cups throughout the day. My problem is I worry about the caffeine. I know it has less than black tea or coffee, but still if you have it for dinner, does it effect your sleep??
  • LegacysMrs
    Options
    I've just started drinking green tea as it was recommended by my gym instructor, apparently it helps speed up metabolism. Fingers crossed... I'm starting to like it too. I'm having the Twinings one with apple and pear.
  • sadyel
    Options
    the green tea only has a tiny amount of caffeine in compared to coffee and ordinary tea, i drink it up until 7/8 o clock at night and have no trouble sleeping, apple and pear green tea sounds amazing ill have to try that :)
  • MDWilliams1857
    MDWilliams1857 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I have never had Green Tea. I dont like to drink anything hot. No coffee, or hot cocoa etc.. But I was at the store today and decided I would try some green tea. I found one that is Acai, Blueberry, Green Tea and I couldnt resist. I love Acai and Blueberry so I had to try it. Im going to try it in the morning. Will be the first time in my life I have ever drank any kind of tea.
  • sadyel
    Options
    iv read that quite a lot of people brew the green tea (obviously) and then pour it over ice and have it as a cold drink if they dont like hot drinks, especially the fruity ones, why dont you try that if you dont enjoy it hot :)
  • sadyel
    Options
    you can also get decaf green tea for the person who was worried about the caffeine
  • MDWilliams1857
    MDWilliams1857 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    iv read that quite a lot of people brew the green tea (obviously) and then pour it over ice and have it as a cold drink if they dont like hot drinks, especially the fruity ones, why dont you try that if you dont enjoy it hot :)

I might just have to try that. Thanks
  • LegacysMrs
    Options
    The apple and pear one is yummy! :-)
  • sadyel
    Options
    im having clipper green tea with lemon right now, i'll br trying that one next :)
  • FauxAngel13
    FauxAngel13 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I'm on the green tea bandwagon too, mostly because I really like it, and I find that I am more settled and more energised when I do... I try and drink around 3 cups per day, sometimes more or less just depends :smile: I don't take acai as I have found buying it here to be really expensive and I am a student so I am doing this on a pretty tight budget
  • sadyel
    Options
    I'm on the green tea bandwagon too, mostly because I really like it, and I find that I am more settled and more energised when I do... I try and drink around 3 cups per day, sometimes more or less just depends :smile: I don't take acai as I have found buying it here to be really expensive and I am a student so I am doing this on a pretty tight budget

yea i feel like i have more energy and im less tired (which is good for me im always tired) iv payed £10 for a months worth of acai capsules
  • lynz4589
    lynz4589 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I started drinking green tea a few months ago, around 3 or 4 cups a day during work (tend to stick to water at home) its had a real benefit for me alongside going to the gym and certainly beats 100 cups of coffee I used to have lol. Still have to get my morning fix of coffee though unfortunately