Chicken Stir-Fry recipes??

Options
lsilly15
lsilly15 Posts: 137 Member
Hey All! Anyone have any tasty and healthy chicken recipe recipes to share?

Replies

• ashleybr1980
    ashleybr1980 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Caitlin42490
    Options
    Hey! I was just going to post about yummy and easy chicken recipes, but since I know one myself, I will share in hopes you guys will share with me!

1 chicken breast 100 g, diced
    1 cup of white rice
    I cup of chopped peppers
    1/3 cup diced onions
    1 cup of salsa (it cooks down a lot)
    20g of sour cream
    And add some mexican spices which you can normally find in a shaker at the grocery store

it's really easy - just cook the chicken first with the spices, while boiling the rice on the side. Once it's halfway done, add the peppers and onions and half the salsa, then towards the end add the rest of the salsa and the sour cream. Mix and serve over rice. Simple, flavorful, and delicious! I normally keep the onions and peppers frozen, so all I really have to buy fresh is the chicken breast. This is really great for someone like me with a busy schedule!

Happy cooking :)
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Tried this one last week- turned out AWESOME (but sounds really weird).

I'm trying to lower my carb intake from things like breads & pasta, so I decided to try Sea Tangle Kelp Noodles (got them at netrition.com)

Recipe:
    2 decent sized chicken breasts, cubed
    2 T chopped garlic
    2 T olive oil
    2 T low-sodium chicken/veggie broth
    3/4 pkg. Kelp noodles
    2-3 cups whatever kind of veggies you like (I used broccoli, cauliflower, baby corn cobs and green beans)
    Low-sodium soy sauce to taste
    Whatever kind of seasoning you like

Fry the garlic in the oil & broth until fragrant. Add the cubed chicken and vegetables, cook until the chicken is cooked thoroughly. Rinse the kelp noodles, and add to the pan. Add soy sauce and seasonings to flavor. Cook until the kelp noodles are transparent.

Makes a pretty hearty batch- I had enough for a few days. Calories depend on type of chicken and veggies used- my version had around 200 calories for a large bowl (mainly from the olive oil and chicken).
    The kelp noodles have a very slight crunch after being cooked, but they turned out very well in this recipe.
  • jkezar
    Options
    Marinade For Chicken Stirfry:
    1 Cup of soy sauce
    1 Whole garlic peeled & smashed
    1 Small onion minced
    2 Lemons (or 3/4 cup lemon juice)
    ½ Cup of 7UP (or sprite)
    1 Tsp. Ground black pepper
    5 Tbs. Dark brown sugar (light is fine)
    1 Cup of ketchup
    2 Tbsp honey

Recipe:
    4 large chicken breast
    Marinade (see above)
    whaver veggies you want

Cut chicken into 1inch chunks
    Marinate for 3-4 hours
    remove chicken with slotted spoon and stir fry with any other vegatables.
    use 1/4 cup of remaining marinade to make a sauce.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    You can stir fry chicken and whatever vegetables you want... It's the sauce that changes most...
    Here's a simple peanut sauce I love:
    3TBSP soy sauce
    2 TBSP white wine vinegar
    2 TBSP peanut butter (chunky, if you like it)
    1/4tsp cayenne, or to taste
    (you may wish to double the recipe)
    Stir fry with about 1TBSP each ginger and minced garlic

Edit: I double the sauce recipe. Stir-fry 1lb cubed chicken with the ginger and garlic, then when the chicken is no longer pink on the outside, add broccoli florets, julienned red pepper, bamboo shoots and water chestnuts. Almost any vegetables will work but this is what I do :) In fact I'm totally making it tonight.
  • joynova
    joynova Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I don't measure things out but do it by taste, but my basic marinade/sauce is

Soy, shaoxing wine, mirin, minced garlic, grated ginger, chopped thai chiles and a teeny bit of corn starch
  • tnladyvol
    Options
    bump
  • lsilly15
    lsilly15 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Ooo these look so yummy!! thanks everyone :)
  • alli_baba
    alli_baba Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    My favorite stir-fry sauce recipe is a garlic sauce from Cook's Illustrated:

3 tablespoons light soy sauce
    4 teaspoons dry sherry
    1 tablespoon chicken stock
    2 teaspoons soy sauce
    1/2 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
    1 tablespoon minced garlic
    1/2 teaspoon sugar
    * 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes

For the sauce: mix all of the above together.

For the stir-fry: I typically add some garlic, ginger, scallions to the pan with a little oil and then start stir-frying. I add the sauce to the stir-fry when all ingredients (meat, veggies) are in the pan. However, if I'm lazy, I skip the garlic, ginger, scallions and just stir-fry with oil and add in the sauce. Either way, very yummy.

You can use the sauce as a marinade but I never have. I typically just brine chicken or shrimp in salt water and go from there.

* You can add the red pepper flakes to the pan directly with oil, garlic, ginger, etc., or in the sauce (and you can scale the amount of red pepper flakes up or down depending how hot you like it).

If I'm being super lazy, I just buy a bottle Trader Joe's Soyaki sauce (normal or Island-style) and doctor it up with garlic, red pepper flakes, etc.
  • sunshine12870
    sunshine12870 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Bump :-)
  • HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    1-2 Chicken Breast (season with Sazon)
    Spray Oil (or 1tsp EVOO)
    Bell Peppers (Red, Yellow, Orange, Green) sliced
    Onions, sliced
    Mushrooms, sliced or chunks
    Light Soy Sauce 2 tsp
    Sesame Oil 1/2tsp
    Sesame seeds (or chia seeds)
    Seasoning to taste (garlic, pepper flakes etc)

Cook chicken in skillet, with oil and seasoning to taste, add veg, cook till veg is tender.
    I like to dry fry Shirataki noodles instead of rice.
    Or just enjoy chicken and veg minus rice or noodle.

colorful-chicken-alfredo-farfalle-sweet-bell-peppers-fresh-basil-14.jpg
  • _CFi
    _CFi Posts: 11
    Options
    bump for later, ty
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    bump
  • skinnylion
    Options
    I usually just wing it -

Heat a pan, add some olive oil, use a pepper or two, some onion, slice and dice to your liking - add broccoli, chicken, some soy sauce, maybe some Thai Kitchen sauce (the flavors are delicious, I highly recommend the Pineapple Chili) and voila! Hot veggies and chicken ready to eat. Have it with rice if you want, but it's not really necessary.
  • Kyfrog
    Kyfrog Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • back2a4
    back2a4 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Tried and true recipe!!!!

For the Marinade:

2 Sliced Chicken breasts
    1 tbsp Olive oil
    1 tbsp heaped of Onion Soup Mix

Mix it up really well in a ziploc baggie and let it sit in the fridge for at least 4 hours.

Slice up your favorite veggies ( i use diagonally cut Carrots, Broccoli, Celery, Mushrooms, Onions, Cauliflower, Bell Peppers)

Put the Chicken with the marinade into a Med High heated pan and stir fry it really well until cooked. Remove from pan.

Add to the still heated pan the Celery, Onion and Carrots....when the Onions are translucent then the other veggies are partially done.....add the rest of the veggies to the pan and keep stirring.

When the Broccoli is still crunchy but cooked, add back the chicken

Add Black pepper, Garlic powder, and a pinch of chili pepper flakes if you want.. and stir everything really well.

Check for salt content..

DONE!!!
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Bump. :smile: