Even with chronic illness you can do this

Options
iojoi
iojoi Posts: 378 Member
Thanks to this website I am pretty happy with what I have achieved so far
I have lost 25lbs now and am over halfway towards my goal despite having fibromyalgia and suffering chronic fatigue and joint and muscle pain I have managed to swim and exercise & get to this point & thats a fab feeling..
I cant wait to finally achieve my goal I have 21 lbs to go
wish me luck :wink:

Replies

• iojoi
    Options
    I have lost 25lbs now and am over halfway towards my goal despite having fibromyalgia and suffering chronic fatigue and joint and muscle pain I have managed to swim and exercise & get to this point & thats a fab feeling..
  • crystalicfusion
    Options
    That's great!!!!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Good luck!
  • Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I have had severe RA for 6 years now and although there was a time I was almost completely disabled that is no longer the case. I am stronger, healthier, and more humble since the beginning of my challenge with RA. I just graduated college last week and have set new goals since. This site is a blessing to us all. Use your gift of life people, give back to others in some way...you won't regret it.

~Namaste
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options

Good luck, ojo!!!

Have you noticed if your pain has lessened since you've lost weight?? :heart:
  • pavang82
    pavang82 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    good luck!
  • iojoi
    Options
    [/quote]

Good luck, ojo!!!

Have you noticed if your pain has lessened since you've lost weight?? :heart:
    [/quote]

thanks for all the good wishes
    I cant say that the pain is less but my stamina is definately better
    if i get a virus i am sure it will knock me back as i take a long while to get over things
    but i know through this experience it is possible if i pace myself to get back in there again
  • DiamondDiva914
    DiamondDiva914 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    This makes me feel better. I have lupus, and fibromyalgia. It's hard to get motivated sometimes, and my body just doesn't want to cooperate some days, but I push through. I get it done. I have to. Thank you.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Congrats girl, you're a soldier!!! Very impressive.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Exercise, even moderate, is absolutely known to reduce pain, increase endurance and wellbeing. Congratulations.
  • Spreyton22K
    Spreyton22K Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    So inspiring to read about your achievements given your circumstances. I am so glad that you have posted your story as it gives many on here with chronic illness hope. All the very best wishes to you. <3
  • mom2my4boys
    mom2my4boys Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad to hear your succeeding despite pain and fatigue! I am too :) for anyone that asked I have found my stamina has increased and my pain has lessened somewhat.(I have a rare form of RA) If you want it bad enough, you can absolutely do it with chronic pain! I've lost 100lbs and I'm 25lbs from my goal. Good luck!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Good luck. Lots of ppl succeed past depression and addictions and injuries too....so glad you are making it work for you. Congrats on the 25 lbs.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    You rock! Keep it up. (*)
  • sjanejack
    Options
    Hello, congrats on the weight loss!! Good luck! My mom has fibromyalgia and it can be hard for her to do things sometimes, but it's good to know that people can do things like lose weight in a healthy way and succeed no matter what the circumstances
  • arkowalyshyn
    arkowalyshyn Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I have fibromyalgia too ! It's a funny thing because nobody can understand the pain and fatigue that goes with it. Awesome job!!
  • JLoescher01
    JLoescher01 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    fibromyalgia here, too. After a lot of researching, I found something that said to avoid processed foods. I started there and noticed that some of the pain had lessened, and lost 4 lbs without trying much. Then my daughter told me about MFP. I joined and really started eating healthier and exercising daily, even through the pain. I've lost another 30 lbs and really feel great, even though the fibro pain comes and goes. I think a healthier feeling overall makes it easier to deal with this awful condition. Best of luck to you all! We can do this! B)
  • RHPSgirl1984
    RHPSgirl1984 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • reen1012
    reen1012 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Newly diagnosed fibro - what a pain... in many ways... Congrats on weight loss to all of you - nice to know it can be done. Have you found other foods or things to avoid that help with pain or weight loss. I read some where about aspartame causing problems - anyone notice that?
    - Keep up the good work - looking forward to hearing more!!
  • ducati45
    ducati45 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You are giving me hope! I've been struggling with epilepsy and the super sucky side effects from the medications and now want to lose the weight I've gained! Nice to know other people with chronic illness are making it work :smiley: I'm not worried if I gotta take it slow but we can do it!
  • bigldesigns
    bigldesigns Posts: 102 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Over the last 10 years I was diag with Chronic Fatigue, then Fibromyalgia and eventually MS in June 2013.

I started using MFP to track cals, ate at ~1200cals and made the change to a "made from scratch" diet (Modified Paleo)

16 months later i'm 110lbs (60kgs) lighter... 12 of those months i was not intentionally exercising..

My Fatigue is now so reduced that i can run on the treadmill for 45min every morning and then make it to the end of the day without a nap. i call it normal 40yr old tiredness after a long day.

My Fibromyalgia pain AND tender spots (even on the ribs) are all gone... and ALL of the MS lesions in my brain have reduced to at least 1/2 the size or gone altogether..

I know its not the case for everyone.. but in my case ... healthy eating and loosing weight has taken me from "i wish i would just die already" to " i cant wait to start living"

So OP and everyone else in here, my advice is to keep at it! Its well worth it when you get there!! (not that I am quite there yet)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!