proud of yourself

Options
Don't wait until you've reached your goal to be proud of yourself. Be proud of every step you take toward reaching that goal.:smile:

Replies

• Lindaendall
    Lindaendall Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

Well said:flowerforyou:

Linda
  • goldarae
    goldarae Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I completely agree!!!

I started this weight loss journey when I became completely disgusted with myself. I had hit my largest weight (179.8 pounds) and I was sad and tired ALL THE TIME!

So, in August I made some major life changes. I started going back to school (an hour and a half away) to get my Masters in Social Work on top of working a full-time job as a Rape Victim's Advocate. If you're doing the math in your head--that's 7.5 hours at work--3 hours on the road--and 3 hours in class. That's 13.5 hours of my day that are planned out for me 3 times a week. So what was my excuse? I HAD NO TIME!

Luckily for me, I have an amazing friend who had started her weight loss journey nearly a year before. I saw that she was waking up early to go to the gym (and she has 3 kids on top of going back to school). YUCK! So what was my excuse again? I had none.

So I joined the gym and set my alarm for 4:54 AM. This has been going on for a little over a month now, and I must say, I LOVE it!!! There is no greater feeling than already having an hours worth of burning calories in for the day before the sun even rises.
    This morning was hard though. REALLY hard. When my alarm went off--I groaned. I had just spent the weekend watching one of my best friends marry the love of her life. And I got to spend it with all of my best friends from college. It was a wonderful, tearful, beautiful reunion. Needless to say, I was not ready to get back to my jam-packed schedule. But, I rolled out of bed and headed to spin class.

This morning, however, my typical instructor was not there--the scary lady that teaches crossfit classes was there. I was shivering from the 38 degree temperature from outside when she told me not to worry, I'd be warm very soon. Seriously, she scares me. After about the first 10 minutes, I seriously started thinking, "What would happen if I puked right now...if I just stay on this bike and puke...but I keep riding...I'm probably going to puke." I'm happy to report that I made it through the entire 45 minutes of PURE HELL uh, spinning (AND I DIDN'T PUKE!). When I walked outside, it was 38 degrees--and I turned my A/C on....seriously. It was torture. But now, it feels soooooooooo good!

I'm so glad I dragged my big butt out of bed this morning, because some really awesome things happened for me. I'm no longer afraid of the crossfit teacher--in fact, I look forward to my next class with her. Also, I have officially lost over 10 pounds since being at my heaviest weight (168.8 now!!!!!) ANDDDDDDDDD I'm back in my size 10 jeans!

So, I celebrate this Monday. It's a beginning. A time for change. A time to take care of me. I've still got a long way to go. But today, I am proud!

xoxo,
    Alysha
  • ndfaninaz
    Options
    Don't wait until you've reached your goal to be proud of yourself. Be proud of every step you take toward reaching that goal.:smile:

Thank you for reminding us of that. I'm proud every time I end the day with a completed food diary (even if I've gone over, I'm just glad I logged it). That's a huge step for me.
  • ifixyospeech
    ifixyospeech Posts: 25 Member
    Options

AMEN! I just finished running 7 minutes straight on the treadmill. I never in my life thought I could do that, but after 5 mins, my lungs opened up, I could breathe, and I felt great! I know 7 mins isn't a long time, but it was for me and I'm celebrating it! Thanks, this was a really great way to start the week. :)
  • know_your_worth
    know_your_worth Posts: 481 Member
    Options

Thanks for the reminder :)
    It can be easy to lose sight of all of the hard work we've put in thus far when we think of how far we have to go.

We're all rockstars here :wink: