Female antiperspirant suggestions needed

Options
2»

Replies

• lenniebus
    lenniebus Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Mitchum here too...they have an advanced one that works wonders...
  • marz31
    marz31 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I got a sample of the Secret clinical strength and while I think it worked well, the "marathon fresh" sport scent smelled like what my dad used growing up and I don't know about you, but smelling like my dad is NOT what I aspire to......I struggle with this too but hate parting with so much for the clinical strength.....I normally use the Secret Outlast Conditioning solid (it's not solid, you twist it up and it's like a cream that goes on). the scent seems to last and even after a good workout, I still smell ok. no one is going to smell pretty after a sweaty workout, but this does better than most solids I've tried and I hate gels, they never seem to dry and I always feel sweaty and gross.
  • squirmmonster
    squirmmonster Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Dove works well, but unless people can smell you across the room, I wouldn't bother. It's the gym, not the office. Anti-perspirant is bad for you. Personally, I only ever used it during dates and things like that where it was SUPER important to smell okay. You might try swabbing your armpits with alcohol beforehand, with a cotton ball, and see if that reduces your odor. That works just fine for me. I don't know why it works, it just does. My aunt who taught me the trick, figured it reduced the bacteria that cause the stench. IDK if that's true, but even if it doesn't eliminate odor, it definitely does cause a significant reduction.
  • TarynK11
    Options
    Thanks all!!
  • KodAkuraMacKyen
    KodAkuraMacKyen Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I use Degree Clinical Protection. I like their scents and they work well. I haven't mastered the ability to put on a shirt without getting the shirt stains but that's my fault, not the deodorants.
  • wrbiii
    wrbiii Posts: 151
    Options
    Check out the degree motion activated stuff.

I know I am a guy, but my workout partner is a larger woman. 6' 3" and over 300 pounds. She doesn't stink or anything, but when she starts working out pretty hard all you can smell is the deodorant! It works!

I've even used her womens deodorant when I have ran out before lol
  • HeidiSnow
    HeidiSnow Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I was about out of antiperspirants. I went through all the female brands and was almost done with the male brands when I finally went to the doc. I had tried the over the counter brands like Secret Clinical and CertainDri. Anyway, so the doc put me on a prescription brand that worked. I would just have to add some powder in the morning to keep my underarms from being sticky.

The best piece of advice I got from the doc, though, was to make sure my armpits were completely dry before I applied any deodorant/antiperspirant. I haven't used the medicated stuff in a year now because the real problem was the dryness. Now, when I get out of the shower, I just quickly blow dry my armpits to make sure they are completely dry before I add any antiperspirant brand I want. And, presto, I never stink.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I got a sample of the Secret clinical strength and while I think it worked well, the "marathon fresh" sport scent smelled like what my dad used growing up and I don't know about you, but smelling like my dad is NOT what I aspire to......

The clinical strength comes in about 5-6 different scents. I use the marathon fresh scent, and there is one particular man who is always talking about how amazing I smell LOL

Maybe he'd like your dad.