valentines day/anniversary dinner

Options
hurleycutie142
hurleycutie142 Posts: 480 Member
Ok so the 14th is me and my fiances 4 year anniversary... so what I'm planning is a romantic candellite dinner... but I can't think of anything healthy to make... I already know I'm going to make a salad and also for desert a diet soda cake.... but what would be a good main course...

Replies

• kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    FORGET HEALTY FOOD ENJOY!!!!!! I have no bf for v-day :(
  • youngs
    youngs Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Use Extra Lean ground beef and make a meat loaf..:love:

Extra Lean ground beef
    onion
    green pepper
    rice or oats
    ketcup
    mustard(small amount)

Steamed potatos(diced) and steamed Vegtables you can even bake the potato and season with hidden valley ranch dry packet( just dice potatos and put in baggy and add dry powder and shake then put on sheet and bake

then your salad and soda cake..:flowerforyou:
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    How 'bout Rattlesnake Penne? It's really tamer than it sounds:

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=727131

You can substitute a bell pepper for the jalapeno, and I recommend using a bit more liquid than recommended as it tends to come out a little dry otherwise.

We didn't use the Mrs. Dash, so maybe that's why it was super tame.
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    What about some fish?
  • mdb120776
    mdb120776 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Fish is always a good choice if you guys like the taste.
  • beccao
    Options
    I think you should make a Shrimp Linguine there is a recipe on allrecipes.com, and it is one of the recommended ones, it looks so delish! It would be somewhat healthy, and it is a romantic type of dish. :) Spice it up with home made chocolate covered strawberries for dessert! :)
  • hurleycutie142
    Options
    Fish would be kinda boring cause we eat fish all the time... I wonder if I can do something else with salmon rather than eating it plain... and o he is lactoice in tolerant... I probably should of put that lol
  • kat1000000
    kat1000000 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I would make a nice sirlion steak. Just trim off any extra fat and broil it!

kat
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    STIR FRY!

LOL, that's my answer to everything. It's becoming my comfort meal.
  • annastasia76
    annastasia76 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'm with the idea of this is a special day, no way would I want to stay healthy, one day won't hurt you.

My hubby also lucked out when he found me, I get combo, valentines-birthday presents, he wanted to get married on valentines too but I say no way. Congrats on your anniversary.
  • hurleycutie142
    Options
    Ya I think I'm going to go for the sirloin and trim the fat and eat moderations... I dunno lol... but ya I hate having our anniversary of the day we got together is valentines day cause we try going somewhere like for a nice dinner and everything that weekend is packed! So that's why I'm doing the romantic dinner at home... its cheaper and I think its more romantic being by ourselves... so I think I'm gonna go with a nice salad some type of steak and salmon mashed potatoes with. Non fat milk and smart balance bugter annd diet soda cake... thanks everyone
  • astrosnider
    astrosnider Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Filet mignon is one of the leaner cuts of beef -- 350 calories in a 6-ounce serving (that could be his serving and you could probably get by with less). You could make a mushroom sauce with red wine or balsamic vinegar to go with it.
  • clairebear82
    Options
    Its my anniversary too on 14th (3 years) and we're going to cook a healthy (as it can be!) baked dinner. We are going to allow it as a treat day and then back on the wagon on Monday. We've both done so well so far and need to prove to ourselves that we can eat a little more than normal and not want to keep eating!
  • robbienjill
    robbienjill Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    How about Baja Fish Taco's?? The recipe is in cooking ligh magazine. Its REALLY good!! Its made with Halibut and it is actually fried (Don't let that scare you) and beer battered. Its low in calories and healthy for you! I am addicted to these. Or a traditional Spaghetti dinner. Grilled mushroom burgers are tastey as well. Good Luck and Happy Valentine's and Anniversary! It's your special day so do not worry of you go over a little!:love: