Fat Burners

Options
I am wondering about fat burners. I keep getting an email from Jillan Michael's website about her fat burning pills. Are they safe? Do they actually work? I am just wondering if any of you went the route of fatburners.

Replies

• Cassaaaaandra
    Cassaaaaandra Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    My personal opinion: no pill is 'safe'. About any medication you take ask yourself this: is it more dangerous not to take it? If it is, then you need it. If not, the risks outweight the benefits.
  • parvati
    parvati Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Jill only uses/recomends the safe ones!

I take CLA, chromium picolinate, kelp & green tea on a daily basis as a booster.
    Also anything that has a combo of caffeine, white willow bark & guarana is a safe effective fat burner....this is a combo i use when i hit a plateau.
  • jeffreyrashad
    Options
    http://www.ultimatefatburner.com
    gives you unbias PRO and CONS on all things weight loss oriented.
  • Dee678
    Dee678 Posts: 53
    Options
    Also keep in mind any medications and health conditions you may have when contemplating these types of "supplements".

On a daily basis I take:
    One A Day Women's Plus
    Calcium 1200mg
    Vitamin D3 5000 units
    NSI's Ultra Mag Magnesium Supplement (as recommended by my neurologist)
    Fish Oil 2000mg
    Sundown B-Complex

The reason I do this is: I have IBS and cannot eat dairy, certain veggies (like lettuce & broccoli) and red meat.

I also try to eat 5 to 6 servings of veggies and fruit daily. Supplements do not take the place of whole foods. There are compounds in whole foods that supplements cannot match. Supplements are just that.
  • cagirl1968
    Options
    If you want to try a fat burner look for one that is high in antioxidants, like green tea. Green tea has natural caffeine, and is a proven metabolism booster. Stick with major supplement companies, those who already have good reputations...like New Chapter and Irwin Naturals. The big seller in my store right now is Irwin Naturals Oolong Matcha (I think you can buy direct from them.) http://www.irwinnaturals.com/oolong.asp and New Chapter Diet and Energy. I take New Chapter's Diet and Energy for the way it makes me feel and for the antioxidants (and because I get mine free) There are several companies online that offer great prices on these products and others like them.