Can't do plain yogurt so which has least sugar?

Options
I've tried doing the whole plain Greek yogurt thing & I just don't like it. I've added, honey, berries, sweetners etc. it's just not for me. But I do love yogurt, especially as a snack between meals. Any suggestions on which flavored ones are still low on sugar & calories? Thanks!

Replies

• adelitas_star
    Options
    I've found that the Great Value brand of vanilla yogurt (light) has a pretty low amount of sugar and no high fructose corn syrup added to it. It's 80 calories and I think either 6 or 8 grams of sugar, very low in fat too and it tastes amazing. I really like it with some some fresh strawberries and some almonds chopped up and added to it like a parfait ;)
  • gillsta_21
    gillsta_21 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm not a huge yogurt fan, but I'm eating a Yoplait light Red Velvet Cake right now and if this is wrong, I don't want to be right :)
    It only has 90 calories and 10 g of sugar. Not sure if you're looking for something lower than that, but all I can tell you is that this is my new favorite snack!
  • Lisamar74
    Options
    At the moment, I love Muller fat free lemon Greek yoghurt.
  • BalmyD
    BalmyD Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I love Chobani yogurt. The vanilla one has only 13g carbs. Even the fruit ones have only 20g carbs, and one of the cleanest ingredient lists I've seen for yogurt.
  • shoniej
    shoniej Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you and honestly, the only other sugar I really take in during the day is fruits so if I splurge on my Chobani pineapple greek yogurt in the mornings, I don't feel bad :) Also drink tons of water!!
  • snowstorme
    snowstorme Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Both Yoplait & Dannon have come out with low sugar flavored greek yogurts. They do use artificial sweeteners though.
  • Kelly50054
    Options
    I found Siggi's a few weeks ago and really like it!! Plenty of probiotics in each cantainer.
  • DharmaRegan
    DharmaRegan Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    If you didn't try this already - add some low sugar fruit preserves to plain yogurt. Smuckers raspberry has only 5 grams sugar per TBSP.
  • sandral73
    sandral73 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I used to eat the Yo-Baby Organic yogurt, no artifical sweetener and lower sugar.
  • DJ2120
    DJ2120 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for all the great ideas!
  • gddrdld
    gddrdld Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I found Siggi's a few weeks ago and really like it!! Plenty of probiotics in each cantainer.

Siggi's Icelandic Skyr (Skyr is what they call yogurt in Iceland) is AMAZING!! Unfortunatey it is only sold in specialty whole foods type markets and is expensive (for good reason). I am obsessed with the orange ginger flavor.
  • ox45
    ox45 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    If you didn't try this already - add some low sugar fruit preserves to plain yogurt. Smuckers raspberry has only 5 grams sugar per TBSP.

This. I buy the Chobani plain 0%, and add sugar free preserves. There are tons of flavors, and to be honest I cannot tell the difference.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I didn't like it with fruit either, until I started making smoothies with it.
  • DJ2120
    DJ2120 Posts: 407 Member
    Options

This. I buy the Chobani plain 0%, and add sugar free preserves. There are tons of flavors, and to be honest I cannot tell the difference.

I think I will start doing this. Sounds like a good idea & so yummy!