NEW GIRL. 80lb TO LOSE. HELPPP

Options
Hello Guys.
I am 21 years old and would like to lose 80lb. I have tried and failed at many 'diets' and would really appriciate any friends, recipes, inspiration or tips. Also if anyone is looking for a diet buddy and has around the same to lose please feel free to add me :)
Thankss

Replies

• becs_91
    becs_91 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm 21 also and have about 70 to lose (well about 60-65 now)! I'll send you a friend request :)
  • jessika270
    Options
    Brilliant thankyou! speak soon !
  • sara62480
    Options
    Hello! I am 32 and have about 90 pounds I would like to lose!! Good luck!
  • YukonLandcruiser
    Options
    Doyou have a womens gym or weight loss organization you can join locally? I've found the help, support and menu planning have been life changers! I no longer call it a "diet", it's a lifestyle. Highly recommend connecting with a local org if you can! If not weight loss=food calories in+exercise output. YOU CAN DO THIS. Just remember you didn't gain the weight overnight and you're not going to loose it overnight, or in a week, or even a month. It's going to take time, commitment and dedication ...to yourself! GO FOR IT!
  • Cassandra1219
    Options
    Welcome I am 29 and am looking to lose atleast 60lbs....
  • ddtw
    ddtw Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 39 and I want to lose 50+! It's not easy when I work with pencil girl...who eats everything and anything she can all the time.
    Good luck and I hope you stick with it.
  • brandycochran
    brandycochran Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm 37 with approx. 80 pounds to lose...KUDOS to you for getting started!! I'm new to this too and would love to be friends so we can support each other through good times and bad! :smile:
  • janickc
    Options
    welcome!! i'm here since 2 and i have lost 34 pound the first year, last year was harder but now i really want loose the 36 more than a have ifou are intereated send me a request i will be happy to help you
  • nativebaby82
    Options
    I am 30 years old and as of five days ago I had 77 lbs to lose. I will send you a friend request and let you know what I am doing to lose weight.
  • imthinking
    Options
    Hi, I'm 36. Trying to lose 70 pounds. I've tried many different things but none has worked better than exercise and counting my calories. I just have trouble sticking to the regimen. I'm hoping to do better this time. You have my best wishes for success!
  • htreat1
    Options
    I'm 26 and I want to eventually lose 60-70 pounds, but I find that really daunting, so I just want to lose 20 for now. It would be nice to be under 200 pounds for the first time in 10 years.
  • washingtonette
    Options
    You got this! You can do it :)

I'm 27 and have 35lbs to lost. Friend me if you want!
  • adelitas_star
    Options
    I only have 20 to lose, but you can add me if you want some support!
  • JanelleG0122
    JanelleG0122 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Hi, i'm 24 and started MFP at 207 lbs, my whole journey started at 240 lbs! I want to get down to around 120-125, you seem to think about it as a diet, and that is not a way to think of it. Think of it as a journey, a lifestyle change, you can fail at diets, but you can't fail at a lifestyle. Good luck in your journey!
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Hello...you can add me if you wat...I've lost 59 but my total goal is 88 so I still have a bit left.

Feel free to add me or ask any questions/tricks that worked for me!
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    I was in your shoes over a year ago, so welcome!

All I can say is make this a lifestyle change and make changes you know you can stick too. Don't cut out things you love, just have them in moderation or you won't stick to it. Also know you will have good weeks and bad weeks, just keep at it. (I tell you this as I am struggling from a bad couple of weeks)

Good luck!
  • lsteele84
    Options
    I'm new to this too. Lost 30 lbs. now I am stuck. Need to lose 30 more. :) Looking some motivation from people. :)
  • jonwv
    jonwv Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    i am 32 and looking to lose around 60-70lbs.. feel free to add me if yah want

anybody else can add me also.
  • univoftexasbabe
    Options
    Hi!

I am 27 years old and I have lost almost 60 pounds since starting MFP in April. I know that it's overwhelming to think about losing so much weight at one time. My advice is to set intermediate goals for yourself (such as "Get to 215", then "get under 200", etc). I could plan for those goals much easier than trying to think about losing 60 pounds all at one time. Good luck to you, and just be consistent. That is my best advice. The weight will come off slowly but surely!!!
  • knowwhentoshutup
    knowwhentoshutup Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    You can do it!

This link helped me immensely! (After thinking low calorie = better, for more years than I care to admit.) http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

After I figured out my numbers (BMR - Base Metabolic Rate, and my TDEE - Total Daily Energy Expenditures) it became much simpler.

Best of luck on your journey. I started looking to lose 76 pounds, and am almost half way there. If I can do it, so can you!