I didn't gain it overnight

Options
It's hard to acknowledge the vast amount of weight I gained over the years. So many excuses when I look at pictures of myself. The only thing worse then seeing a picture of the person I don't recognize as myself, is the ill effects it has had on my body and life.

So now it finally clicked in me, that I alone am responsible for the choices. This is a foreign attitude for me, but using this site has been a great benefit for just a 1 1/2 weeks. I already have stopped drinking soda (my biggest evil). It was much easier then I thought but seeing the numbers in the dairy has helped.

I really want to re-educate myself in eating choices and know that it won't always be perfect. But everyday doesn't need to be a free for all. Moderation and reminder that what goes in, doesn't necessarily come out (okay that's bad, I admit it).

Hopefully with thought, I can reprogram my way of thinking and avoid the pitfalls I have in the past.

Replies

• DinoAbs
    Options
    Sounds like you've got the right attitude going in to this!

Best of luck and feel free to add me if you'd like. :)
  • michellep1963
    Options
    Thanks.:smile:
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    you can do it!!!
  • stephfranke
    stephfranke Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Your well on your way... it's a continous journey and a change in lifestyle.... and it's gonna take awhile... for me the weight is over 15 plus years.. .those habits are hard to break... baby steps.... you can do it! Feel free to add as a friend....
  • DialecticalBrain
    DialecticalBrain Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm on the same page brother!! Feel free to add me as a friend. I just started counting again about a week ago. I am literally faced with only two choices

1) count calories and lose weight or maintain weight
    2) not count calories and continue to gain weight

Everytime I stop paying attention I gain 2 to 3 pounds every week or two!!! It has taken everything I've got just to cut my calories and keep track. I know how hard this process can be, but it makes me feel better to hear I'm not alone!!!
  • ontothesummit
    Options
    You sure can. This is the first step. Keep going and rely on your power that is inside you to change and us!
  • Lauramc31
    Options
    I'm trying also. Feel free to add me as a friend
  • KBroWnie85
    KBroWnie85 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Great attitude. I just started AGAIN as well. I think I finally have my mind in the right state. I would love to have some friends for the journey if anyone wants to share recipes, exercies and motivation?!? Please add me :) I NEED IT! :)
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I is definitely a journey and a life change..not a diet. You have the right attitude! Best of luck :happy:
  • Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I don't have much advice being younger and very early into my journey, but I love this site and it's kept me motivated.

I also have to say to the OP that OMG THAT IS THE CUTEST PUPPY I HAVE EVER SEEN. That is all.
  • twilightlvr79
    twilightlvr79 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    You can do it! We are all here for you!
  • Amfro
    Amfro Posts: 12
    Options
    Way to get started, don't get discouraged over trippin up along the way, which everyone does, just keep runnin the race were all runnin. Always glad to see another newby.