why do i weigh this much ?

Options
okay so from september 14 - 17(4 days) i had a huge benge on my diet . i ate healthy from tuesday then had a weigh in on sunday and i came in at 144.6 . but on friday the 21st i came in at 143.0 . on saturday i had a little hot sauce and over the weekend i didnt drink much water . but i weighed in today and got 144.6 .
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/ambitionjr

Replies

• scottpwilliams
    Options
    What excersize did you do on those 4 days?
  • skrakalaka
    skrakalaka Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    All I can tell you is that for me the scale has a mind of it's own, it doesn't seem to correlate with anything I do. I decided to look at the big picture instead and watch the trend over time.
  • ambitionjr
    Options
    i exercised everyday doing 30 mintues of aerobics
  • Foodie711711
    Foodie711711 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    By viewing your diary, all I can tell is you need to eat more!
  • scottpwilliams
    Options
    Just had a quick scan of your food diary, and I am far from an expert (if you see my diary, its a mess lol) but noticed that there isnt one day all week where you took in more in 1100 cals. Could your body possibly be putting itself into starvation mode?
  • Rinkermann
    Rinkermann Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    scales are not a very good hour-by-hour or day-by-day measure. even week-by-week they're not that great. you can hold fluid for a variety of reasons, and there are other temporary reasons why your weight may fluctuate. it's important that you don't lose heart when this happens, and keep faith in your diet.
  • NaurielR
    NaurielR Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Weight loss isn't exactly linear. Your body weight will fluctuate throughout the day (I've heard as much as 8 pounds, but I don't have any evidence to back that up). Don't worry about a pound or two or even five, as long as you're losing weight in the long run.

From my own experience, I would recommend ditching the scale, at least for awhile. Losing weight should be about feeling and looking better, not the number you see on a dial.
  • CantarellaMiyani
    CantarellaMiyani Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I think eating more, and eating better, is a good plan. It doesn't have to be a totally whole food diet, but I'm seeing a lot of packaged food in your journal, and no veggies at all, except what's crammed into a veggie "burger" (and therefore highly processed), or in a creamy dip or heavy sauce. They're good, I promise, stop eating like my boyfriend. :P

Another answer may be sodium causing you to retain water, though you're not tracking that nutrient so it's tough to tell. A lot of packaged and processed foods are high in sodium - slim jim beef jerky, I would guess, is a prime offender.
  • Yeah, though I ate more this week and exercised a wee bit less, even under 1200 I still managed to not lose anything this week. I've been informed that a) you have days like this b) water can flux like crazy and c) you can plateau if you eat too little... Don't worry about it too much, give it another week and see what happens (:
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Your current weight on the scale has almost nothing to do with what you ate yesterday. It has a lot more to do with how you've been eating on average for a substantial amount of time. Your food isn't even fully digested from last night if you step on the scale in the morning. The daily fluctuations you see are all water... The trend over weeks and months is what indicates an actual change in body composition
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I didn't look at your diary but I trust that the others that posted about it are giving you good advice there.

It's under 2lbs. Chill out, it's most likely just a natural fluctuation. Also, if you don't drink enough water and you're chronically dehydrated, it can make you retain water, counterintuitively.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Your current weight on the scale has almost nothing to do with what you ate yesterday. It has a lot more to do with how you've been eating on average for a substantial amount of time. Your food isn't even fully digested from last night if you step on the scale in the morning. The daily fluctuations you see are all water... The trend over weeks and months is what indicates an actual change in body composition

^And this!