NSV!!

Options
Selunca
Selunca Posts: 208 Member
So, at work we have a spiral staircase thats the length (Height?) of a normal staircase. About 15/16 steps. They are extremely steep, like most spiral staircases. Before I started MFP, I'd get about half way up and get winded, and feel exhausted.

Today I ran up that Mofo like I owned it.

My NSV: Conquering that staircase!

Replies

• LaurieEReid
    Options
    Woohoo! Good for you!
  • 2moonNback
    2moonNback Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!
  • Shelbert79
    Shelbert79 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Woo-Hoo, that's awesome! :flowerforyou:
  • Rinkermann
    Rinkermann Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    i had a similar feeling a while back. i used to get to the top of the stairs and be seriously out of breath with my hands on my knees. now im not even remotely out of breath when i get up there. the change was so dramatic that, at first, i actually thought there might be something wrong!
  • gerripho
    gerripho Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Yes, Spirals are often much steeper than regular stairs and since each step is different from normal, they are often quite hard to climb. It's a real accomplishment to run up one of those things!
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go you!
  • Selunca
    Selunca Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    i had a similar feeling a while back. i used to get to the top of the stairs and be seriously out of breath with my hands on my knees. now im not even remotely out of breath when i get up there. the change was so dramatic that, at first, i actually thought there might be something wrong!

I know right? I actually startled myself and my co-worker asked if I was alright - I must have looked shocked. lol.
    I was the same way, during my pregnancy I huffed and puffed the whole way up, and then afterward was starting to get winded because of the weight I gained.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!