Options
which one is better? thanks.

Replies

• jacquirich
    jacquirich Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I love them both

Turbofire is more cardio, base on kickboxing, very like Billy Blanks Tae bo
    Chalean extreme is more weight lifting circuits - abit like Jillian Michaels but more positive and upbeat

I am currently doing the Chalean extreme/turbofire hybrid programme to get the best of both worlds
  • manohirarevolutions
    Options
    I love them both

Turbofire is more cardio, base on kickboxing, very like Billy Blanks Tae bo
    Chalean extreme is more weight lifting circuits - abit like Jillian Michaels but more positive and upbeat

I am currently doing the Chalean extreme/turbofire hybrid programme to get the best of both worlds

does chalean extreme need many equipments? am afraid it's gonna be like p90x
  • gxm17
    gxm17 Posts: 374
    Options
    I love them both. CLX is a strength-focused program and Turbo Fire is a cardio-focused program. They both have a bit of the other, CLX has some cardio interval workouts, and Turbo Fire has some strength workouts using tubing. It depends on which you want to focus on, cardio or strength.

Currently, I'm doing a CLX/Turbo Fire hybrid. CLX requires a wide range of dumbbells. I already had a wide variety of lighter dumbbells so I purchased an adjustable set that goes up to 24lb. There's also an exerciser who uses tubing, if you prefer that option. (But I'm only in the BURN phase so I'm not sure if the tubing option is in the more advanced phases.) You will also need a mat or carpeted area for the floor exercises. I've never done PX90 so I don't know how much equipment it uses and can't make a comparison.

Hope that helps!
  • jacquirich
    jacquirich Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I love them both. CLX is a strength-focused program and Turbo Fire is a cardio-focused program. They both have a bit of the other, CLX has some cardio interval workouts, and Turbo Fire has some strength workouts using tubing. It depends on which you want to focus on, cardio or strength.

Currently, I'm doing a CLX/Turbo Fire hybrid. CLX requires a wide range of dumbbells. I already had a wide variety of lighter dumbbells so I purchased an adjustable set that goes up to 24lb. There's also an exerciser who uses tubing, if you prefer that option. (But I'm only in the BURN phase so I'm not sure if the tubing option is in the more advanced phases.) You will also need a mat or carpeted area for the floor exercises. I've never done PX90 so I don't know how much equipment it uses and can't make a comparison.

Hope that helps!

I agree with both, you really need a set of weights for the CLX, though you can get away with the resistance band (it is tougher in my opinion)
  • betsymichaud12
    Options
    I haven't tried Turbo Fire, although close friends say it's great. I'm in the Push month of Chalean Xtreme and I like it a lot. Yes, you do need some equipment but not a lot. I have tried P90X and it's NOT like P90X. I started with 5, 8 & 10lb weights and now I've graduated to 12 & 15 lbs. It depends on what your goals are and what type of exercise you like. Chalene Johnson talks about a "soul-mate" workout, one you enjoy and will really do. I borrowed the Xtreme videos from a friend first, before i decided to commit. Maybe you can do that.