Slooooooow Losers-Talk to me

Options
Would love to hear from some people for whom it took/is taking a while to make their goals. I used to be able to just tweak my diet a little and see a couple pounds. Now I have tweaked my diet, started working out, and seeing....nothing. I know it may take a while. Anyone else experience this? What happened? What changed/clicked and made it become less of a disheartening enterprise?

Tell me I am not alone. It is lonely here on no loss island! ;o)

Replies

• tabbykat6802
    tabbykat6802 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    you're not alone! i haven't really seen a change in my weight(down a few oz to 1 lb and back up again). made the lifestyle change at the end of july. I am eating around 1250/1275 cals and work out 5 days/wk. trying my best to stay positive,but it is hard. I'm here for you!
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Age.. oh its the devil..
  • nikkishai
    nikkishai Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    It took me about 18 months to drop 30 lbs and 18". It was a combination of weight training and cardio for me. It really "clicked" for me when I starting using a heart rate monitor. Knowing my actual calorie burn helped me eat properly. Focusing on my NET calorie goal helped increase my energy which allowed me to up my workout intensity.

Plateaus were the worst, but I learned the hard way to eat more.
  • Reese61477
    Reese61477 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm a slow loser and have been since March of 2011. For me, I had to get rid of my scale and focus on my eating and exercising. I go by the fit of my clothing rather than a number on the scale that fluctuates all day. I also remind myself daily that it's about changing food and exercise habits.