What program would you recommend for me?

Options
I'm a 20-year-old college student that has always had that "extra" weight; I'm a small person but all my weight tends to go to my stomach and thigh area, so I end up looking bigger than what I normally am. I have a 3 break hiatus from school (mainly to take a break since school got hectic) and wanted to use this time to shed some weight. I've Google'd a lot but I can't seem to find a program that works? I'd do traditional exercise but running bores me quite easily; I mainly want to lose fat. I have a LOT of time on my hands so time really isn't an issue; I'm committed to working out at least an hour a day, if I have to.

Does anyone have any recommendations or something to start off with for a beginner? :smile:

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I'm a 20-year-old college student that has always had that "extra" weight; I'm a small person but all my weight tends to go to my stomach and thigh area, so I end up looking bigger than what I normally am. I have a 3 break hiatus from school (mainly to take a break since school got hectic) and wanted to use this time to shed some weight. I've Google'd a lot but I can't seem to find a program that works? I'd do traditional exercise but running bores me quite easily; I mainly want to lose fat. I have a LOT of time on my hands so time really isn't an issue; I'm committed to working out at least an hour a day, if I have to.

Does anyone have any recommendations or something to start off with for a beginner? :smile:

Focus on diet first if you want to shed some fat, workouts aren't needed but certainly have their benefits
  • spookys
    Options
    I was already planning on cutting back on food, but I can't sit around and do nothing. Sure I can eat healthy and eat less, but by sitting around, I'll be bored and inclined to eat more. I want a regiment or some type of work out plan in between so instead of going to the kitchen, I can exercise to get my mind of off eating.
  • tabatanut
    Options
    Take a "bit of everything" approach.

standard cardio, weights, metabolic interval cardio , good stretching program. You should get fast results, especially if your diet is in check. Find out what you like and have fun.
  • heatherS8
    Options
    Take a look at Jamie Eason's LiveFit program. It's a 12-week body transformation plan that focuses on weight training, eating clean and some cardio. With your time off, you might appreciate her structured approach.