eeeeeeeeeeeeeks! 10 lbs?

Options
So, I had a total fall of the wagon week last week. I admittedly ate like complete crap and only made it to the gym 2x.
My schedule got kind of funky on me and my routine was thrown completely off but...

The scale this morning said I was up TEN lbs.
Is that even possible?

I mean I had pizza, a cheeseburger, Mexican food, TACO BELL (good grief), and doughnuts on 2 separate occasions.

I was back to the gym and stuffed my pie hole with a salad for lunch today, but do you guys think this 10 lbs is true?
Man it's going to take me a month to get it off!

Replies

• love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    lots of water weight--i wouldn't be surprised if in a week you were at your normal weight.
  • erindh87
    Options
    If it was only a week, most likely not. You would have had to eat an excess of 35,000 calories to gain that much. That's a lot of food! :smile: I would say it's most likely water weight.
  • SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 2,982 Member
    Options
    Its probably some water retention due to the high sodium intake of the foods you were eating. Drink your water, eat the right foods(non-processed foods- so pile in the fruits and veggies here) and weigh in in 5 days....you'll be down.

To gain 10# you would have to have eaten 35,000 extra calories. I highly doubt that happened in 7 days.
  • Merc1212
    Options
    It could be close to that time of the month, I swear I gain 5 lbs every month and then after I'm back to normal! Hope it's just that hun. Keep up with the good meal plans and exercise!
  • sophayz
    sophayz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    hahah with all the salt you ingest its not suprising you probably feel all bloated... its water retention for sure drink a lot of water and avoid sodium for a day or two, it will go down .. though you might have gained a pound or two ;P
  • ladyonaquest
    ladyonaquest Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    No way, the majority of that is water weight!! Up your water intake, eat healthy and track your calories and watch how much comes off of that 10 this week!
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    yeah, some of it is water weight and I bet the other is stuff that you have stuck in your gut. I drink dieter's green tea daily. it keeps my regular and since I dilute it a lot, it's not like having the runs.
  • quill16
    quill16 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Happened to me also when I went to visit family. A week of indulgence got me a 12 lb gain. I got it off in 2 weeks. Most of it came off in the first week . I think it was the sodium content that made me retain water. Don't fret, just keep moving forward.
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    No worries! I've scared myself a couple of times this way too. Now, if I have a week off the wagon, I get into routine for a couple of days before I weigh in again. Sure, there will probably still be a gain, but 1.5 or 2 pounds much less scary than 10! It's just your body being off whack from sodium and not exercising.
  • underwater77
    underwater77 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I sure hope you're right. It felt oh so worth it when I was stuffing my face but I about went into cardiac arrest this morning when I looked at the scale.

Thanks for the kind words!
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    10 pounds is equivalent to....

10 taco bell tacos = 1700
    10 bean burritos = 3800
    10 cheese quesadillas = 4800

10 krispy kreme glazed donuts = 2000

10 double cheeseburgers =4400

10 chipotle burritos with chicken, beans, cheese, rice and fajita veggies = 8800

10 orders of chips and salsa = 5900

Oh and then add about 10 cans of soda = 1500

You'd still not have gained 10 pounds from all of this.

That's 32900 calories just to give you an idea of what it would take to gain 10 pounds ---plus you'd have your NORMAL intake on top of it...so add another 14,000 calories worth of food to that. Not likely right?
  • Off10h8ed
    Off10h8ed Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    This thread makes me feel better (not that you gained) but about it possibly being water weight. I gained 3 lbs over the past few days sitting with an ill relative, not logging, no exercising and yes, eating some things I shouldn't have been. I also didn't drink nearly the water I generally do. I'm not worried now... and you shouldn't either. It will come off. Just have to get back on the horse!
  • underwater77
    underwater77 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    lolz

no, definitely not but pretty close. ;)

edit for the calorie counting post

not laughing at a sick relative!
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    I returned form a lovely cruise on Thursday. Tried very hard to behave myself. Even logged for most of the week. Weighed myself on Friday. Almost screamed too! Up 6 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sad:

Started making sure I was loading myself on water, ate regularly and sure enough this morning I was back to my prior weight (minus a pound which may be due to my new scale.)

It was all water retention related. Take a deep breath, stick your head in the tub and start drinking - WATER! . :drinker: