Help me distress please b4 I over eat today.

Options
Yesterday my smart phone was stolen. I had it turned it off by US Cellular, and I'm up for an upgrade. I also have enough belief points to get the best 4g one free...BUT I like my old one and I'm a busy person! I don't want to mess with setting up a new one, and I am angry because I'm pretty sure which little kid stole it while I was swimming.

I didn't even log my afternoon calories. Noe I just want to eat fist over fist like last night. Please say something to me to help me feel in control again.

I am going to run with a friend tonight and then get the new phone. Grrrrrrrr.

Replies

• Brenda_1965
    Brenda_1965 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Dang autocorrect... Destress.
  • sseratt
    sseratt Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Breathe! You can only control your actions. If you eat something, it will make you feel worse. Take a 5 min walk and when you come back focus on what you can control.
  • TammyWichern
    Options
    I know how it is to turn to food when our days go sour, we all do but remember how easy those pounds go on and how damn hard it is to take them off. With all the stress you are under now with your phone and whatever else may be going on in your life dont add the guilt and added pounds on you. The cookie or pizza isnt going to bring back your phone or set a new one up for you. You can stay on track. Good luck
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about losing your phone, it's amazing how dependent on them we've become. Kill that run tonight and you'll feel better.
  • ullgetthere
    Options
    First of all I TOTALLY understand!! I LOVE my phone!!! I have everything in there! I know it sucks to redo everything but it will be fine and perhaps it will turn out that you,re really happ to have your upgrade!
    But don't overeat. You will feel like crap afterwards and realize that everything went fine with the phone situation. If you can handle it, take a small piece of chocolate and move on. If you think this is too dangerous, then don't touch it.
  • weepingwillowtrees
    Options
    I felt that way a few days ago when I downloaded an update to my phone and all my phone numbers disappeared...friends, family, doctors, ...everything..I WAS SO PISSED. I just wanted to throw my phone and then go eat at wendys but I didnt...instead i went to the gym...got my adrenaline going . Running is a great idea, burn off the stress with endorphines
  • Brenda_1965
    Options
    I had a diet dew.
  • MMark2012
    MMark2012 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Brenda, don't stress. I am sorry that your phone was stolen! If you need to eat, just keep track still of everything. I ate Chinese Food tonight! Hahaha! I knew that I wouldn't have it again probably until New Year's Eve. I did workout running and doing weights today. And I will run again tomorrow, so no stress. I enjoyed every bite!
    And for you, as long as you keep to your regular routine mostly every day, then one day will not matter as much.
  • got2tryagain
    Options
    Noe I just want to eat fist over fist like last night.
    First off I'm sorry about your phone. Second, I know you feel like taking comfort in food right now, but that is going to upset you more. If you binge every time you get upset imagine what the scale is going to look like in about a month. Take your anger out on exercise not on yourself.
  • Brenda_1965
    Options
    Thanks everyone, you are wonderful. I reached for a diet dew, and felt a bit better. I thought of you Brian, and I ran even harder! I got a Samsung Galaxy S III, and my teen daughter flipped out about it. She says its like having an iPhone 5. I didn't like it much, but I am getting used to it. When the case arrives in the mail, it should feel more comfortable in my hand.