Protein Powder for Women PLEASE HELP

Options
2»

Replies

• hellohappylisa
    hellohappylisa Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I'm using Warrior Blend, it's plant based, no dairy and no soy, so you don't have to choose lol. And since it's plant based, it's low calorie.
  • bobie1978
    bobie1978 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    You don't have to use a protein shakes. I use them when I need a quick fix before or after the gym. Also, you just have to see which ones you like best and what works for you. If you are losing weight go with a lean one obviously :)
  • skinnylion
    Options
    I just bought my first ever protein powder over the weekend. It's called PlantFusion and it's made entirely from vegetable proteins, not casein or whey or soy. I think it's really cool and it also tastes pretty good (so far the chocolate is better than vanilla).

Just try what you like! It doesn't really matter what brand you go with. Just try to stay away from artificial additives.
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Let me try to clear up a few misconceptions here

1. It's not "really important" to use protein powder. Nobody has to use protein powder. It's just a supplement to regular dietary protein. If you can get enough from regular food then you are fine.

2. Protein powder won't make you gain weight if consumed in the context of a calorie deficit.

3. There is no such thing as protein powder for women (just as there is no such thing as chicken breast for women).

Also, this is hilarious:
    You need whey that is strong enough for a man, but ph balanced for a woman
  • ggcat
    ggcat Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I share our protein powder! We use GNC 100% Whey Protein- Chocolate. I love it with milk- tastes just like chocolate milk. I like it enough that I haven't felt the need to try anything else. Plus, I buy it when there is a sale and at the beginning of the month (more discounts when you are a gold member)....anyways- taste is usually key! Lately I have been adding it to Silk Unsweetened Almond Milk Vanilla- even better and less calories than skim milk! YUM!
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    I use Optimum Nutrition Whey protein powder (french vanilla ice cream is my favorite) and really like it. It mixes well and I can handle the taste (I blend it with plain almond milk, peanut butter, and ice). It's 120 calories, 3 grams of carbs, and 24 grams of protein per scoop. I bought it based on all the great reviews it's received.

Same here.
  • FrostyBev
    FrostyBev Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    www.bodybuilding.com has a huge informational section on proteins and all supplements. Plus you can read user reviews on taste and quality. I order all my supplements from their as well.

I also prefer Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Protein Gold Standard. Double Rich chocolate is awesome! Vanilla mixed with orange juice I hear is extremely tasty as well.
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I usually buy chocolate. RIght now i have body fortress and optimum nutrition. i blend 1 scoop with 1 cup milk, 1tbsp PB2 nd ice. its amazing!
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Let me try to clear up a few misconceptions here

1. It's not "really important" to use protein powder. Nobody has to use protein powder. It's just a supplement to regular dietary protein. If you can get enough from regular food then you are fine.

2. Protein powder won't make you gain weight if consumed in the context of a calorie deficit.

3. There is no such thing as protein powder for women (just as there is no such thing as chicken breast for women).

Also, this is hilarious:
    You need whey that is strong enough for a man, but ph balanced for a woman

I agree with this post in it's entirety. That said I do use a bit of Optimum Nutrition whey and casein at times, but I AM doing 250g protein per day in a now 4000 cal per day diet, so I'm allowed a little ;)
  • makeoverpm
    makeoverpm Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    bump for reference
  • jkmiller82
    jkmiller82 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Twiliightmoon
    Options
    I use Optimum Nutrition Whey protein powder (french vanilla ice cream is my favorite) and really like it. It mixes well and I can handle the taste (I blend it with plain almond milk, peanut butter, and ice). It's 120 calories, 3 grams of carbs, and 24 grams of protein per scoop. I bought it based on all the great reviews it's received.

This is what I use too.
  • shelmag
    shelmag Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I use the Weider 90% soy protein - for a fake latte I mix the protein powder with skim milk powder and sugar free flavored syrup (Carmel is my current fave) mix it with a cup of strong coffee in a magic bullet and I am ready to go...
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    I love Optimum Nutrition Casein Chocolate Cake Batter. I make a 1:1 mixture with water, stick it in the freezer for 15 min and have a nice pudding-like consistency. It's decadent and yummy tasting and doesn't mess with my lactose intolerance.

I make regular shakes too, tastes richer with almond milk... but I love the pudding thing!
  • SpitfireStacey
    SpitfireStacey Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I use GNC Lean Shake 25. I like that it is 200 cals, 25g protein and low (3g I think) sugar. It does have 17 grams carbs but since I use it as a meal (usually breakfast) I don't worry about the carbs too much.

Been using it for about a year, don't really think it helped my weightloss especially but it helps me feel like I'm getting the foods I need.

ETA: I only mix with water too.