For those ... busty women.

Options
Does anyone else feel terribly awkward when exercising? I have a 38DD and it is horrible. I have to wear a normal bra with my tank and built in sports bra. And I have a hard time find sport bras that fit. =\ Im also considering breast reduction surgery in the summer when I am off from school. I can't do jumping jacks it seems without getting gawked at. Anyone know of any nice sports bras for large breasted women?

Replies

• mellers1313
    mellers1313 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm a 38E atm and it;s killing me :(

hope to go to town the weekend and pick up a sports bra.
  • xMarcyx
    Options
    I have the same issue... 38 DDD (at least) and my solution is a extra support bra under my sports bra especially when I'm running. I have a girlfriend that wears a sports bra a size small to get everything as snug as is should be. That has worked for low impact training... Good luck!
  • jo69
    jo69 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I can really relate at 40 DDD... There's a site called breakoutbras.stores.yahoo.net. Little on the expensive side, but at our size it's worth it. Hope this helps...
  • MFT2010
    MFT2010 Posts: 122
    Options
    I can COMPLETELY relate too! At 34 DDD.. I have an awesome bra its a Anita Active... here ya go I have this one...
    http://www.anita.com/us-en/Products,Anita_active,Sports_bras:5527_Sports-bra
  • kimberlygo
    Options
    I am a 34 DD. Go to barenecessities.com They have a good selection of sports bras and you can find one that you think will work best for you.
  • hjmygatt
    Options
    I hear ya! I am a 38 D (was 40 DD) and man it's hard to get a good bra to for a high impact workout. I usually wear an underwire, a sport bra (one size smaller) and the built in in my workout top! BUT I just discovered Patagonia has WONDERFUL sports bras! They are a bit pricey, but worth it. It's the first time ever that I only need to wear a single a sports bra while working out.
  • yacekl
    yacekl Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I here you! When I started my journey 6 years ago I was a 36 H ... Yes that's right an H I didn't even know it went that high , but I have lost 36 lbs. since then and am now a 34 FF . I just bought this sports bra at a running store and the name of it is Moving Comfort and it is very comfortable. I puchased it in a 36 DD and it fits perfect. The only thing is it has underwire. I happened to like underwire but I know some people hate them. So try a running store. Good luck.:smile:
  • Buzzkitty1
    Options
    I have one really amazing sports bra that holds the Double D sisters firmly in place! I call it my iron bra. I can't remember the brand, but I bought it at the Hanes outlet store. I've also had an Enell in the past, and they're terrific.
  • Elfie1
    Elfie1 Posts: 30
    Options
    I posted on this subject a while back and got a lot of good advice...however, the best bra made, in my opinion, is the one that Oprah had talked about on her show. It's call ENELL. Pretty spendy, but it works!!!! I love this and will use it till it wears out and then buy another one just for working out.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    My boobies are smaller after losing 40 pounds but I still wear an Enell ! Wear em for ANYTHING that makes them bounce, because I do not have such a good back and when I did not have a good bra I would tense up to keep from bouncing well not anymore I love my Enells not only for breast support but also for my back! I was told once that if you had to stretch a sports bra out to get your shoulders through then you were NOT getting enough support in the chest once you got it on! But before Enell, I wore my regular underwire tight then put a real tight sports bra over it! Sometimes it was comical trying to get it on then after I was all sweaty, I could barely get it off without hurting myself! I hand wash and line dry my Enell and it last's a real long time! Best wishes!
  • jeeenwood
    jeeenwood Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My sister is a 36G. She loves the Donna Karen sports bra.

http://www.amazon.com/Donna-Karan-Underwire-Sports-35137/dp/B0026LHT5K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=apparel&qid=1265582237&sr=8-1

She saw it on a TV show called the Doctors. They say that your boobs bounce in a figure 8 motion when you are running. This DK bra cuts down on that a lot. It is a little pricey, but she says it's worth it to her not to be stared at.
  • angelmum
    Options
    I'm a 44E, i hate my boob's with a passion, and wish i could get a reduction but can't afford it :(
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I'm a 44E, i hate my boob's with a passion, and wish i could get a reduction but can't afford it :(

Tell me about it! I'm a 36FF and struggle to find a decent sports bra in the UK. Most brands dont go up to my size. The best I've tried is the Shock Absorber. Not cheap, but it works, plus I'm lazy & throw all my bras in the washer & it comes out fine.
    I'd love a reduction, but there's no way I could afford it.