112 pounds gone PICTURES TO PROVE IT.

Options
mblmani
mblmani Posts: 16 Member
A little over a year ago, I was on 14 different meds for severe Fibrmyalgia, IBS, and several other issues. My blood pressure was through the roof and I literally hurt all the time.

I went into the DR for a sinus infection and my blood pressure was so high they would not let me leave. My doc told me then, I could either loose the weight, or add many more meds to my list.

I weighed 287 pounds that day....I came home, and with my doctor's advice, I immediately cut my calorie intake to 1500 a day. I bought a cheap pedometer and started walking 5000 steps a day (2.5 miles). I gradually increased my walking striving for 10,000 steps a day. Some days I did, some days, I didn't...depending on my schedule.

Long story short, I've lost 112 pounds and am only 24 pounds away from my goal. I eat anything I want, and usually don't have dinner until about 9 pm at night (because of my work schedule). My restricting my calorie intake, I basically have just cut my portions and eat as healthy as I can. I don't feel deprived at all. I am only on ONE medication now and feel really good.

If I can do it, anyone can. This is not easy and requires will power beyond reason sometimes. However, I am so glad I started my journey.
msex0.jpg
dvj2gm.jpg
14tr0h3.jpg
2805wr9.jpg

Replies

• leeanneowens
    leeanneowens Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I can;t see the pictures.:frown:
  • mblmani
    Options
    I cannot get them to post....not sure what's wrong.
  • hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Put the IMG into lower case img
  • jedikrissy
    jedikrissy Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    You need to un-capitalize the IMG so it's img. Look in the message board topics under Technical Support/Need Help. There will be photo help info there.
  • pixlamarque
    pixlamarque Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    msex0.jpg

Here's the first one. You just need to make the img lower case. I went to fix the others for you, but saw the links had been removed.
  • heyitsmekatie
    heyitsmekatie Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look fantastic and have a lot to be proud of. Very inspiring!
  • imwithgizmo
    imwithgizmo Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Amazing! You look wonderful! I'm so glad you were able to improve your health, too!
  • dkweathington
    dkweathington Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Awesome. You look great
  • RavenAlexandra
    Options
    Wow, you look great! Good job!(:
  • five04
    Options
    Well done!
  • mblmani
    Options
    Thank you so much!
  • mblmani
    Options
    Thanks dear!
  • justlana
    justlana Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    OMG you look GREAT! Bravo!!
  • punkrockprincess23
    Options
    awesome job! u lok good and i bet u feel great too!
  • licorice_twig
    Options
    Wow! Great story. What an accomplishment!
  • JustPeachy044
    JustPeachy044 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Wow. That's all, just wow.
  • HakunaMatata519
    HakunaMatata519 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Such a transformation!!!!!! Beautiful!
  • marvelmo
    marvelmo Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Way to go! you look and I know feel amazing! very inspiring especially including info on how you accomplished your goals.
    Thank you for sharing and encouraging me that this can be done
    wishing you success and health on your life's journey and adventures.:drinker:
  • mblmani
    Options
    I might add, I did NOT have surgery...lots of people ask me. I do have slightly excess skin in my lower tummy area but no enough to have surgery. If my job were not so demanding, I could probably tone that up enough to "even" out with the rest of my body. Hoping this last 24 pounds will help with that too.
  • fallenangelloves
    fallenangelloves Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Absolutely amazing! And I swear you look 10 years younger!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!