Moms, how much did you gain during pregnancy?

Options

Replies

• sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    Oh good Lord. Lets just say more than 50 every time.
  • Klem4
    Klem4 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I don't know exactly where I started with my 1st, I think around 150-155. The day I gave birth when they weighed me at the hospital I was 225. but I was also pregnant in the middle of summer, and swelled up like a balloon. lol. when I came home I was down to 190 after 3 days. nevertheless... WAY too much weight for me. Second time I think I was about 170 starting, and 200 at the end.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    I was sick the entire time with my daughter ....... I started at 140 lbs and ended at 120 lbs looking like death ..... fortunately the kid was a healthy 7 lbs ...... she's almost 30 years old now ...... I did good :heart:
  • abyssfully
    abyssfully Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    36 lbs with my first and 18 lbs with my second
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    1 - 15#
    2- 40#
    3- 30#
    4 - 25#
    5- 30#
    6 - 22#
    7 - 20#
    8 - 23#
  • 86rollyb
    86rollyb Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    With my first I started a bit overweight and gained about 35 lbs, was back to pre pregnancy weight after a few months... And was down an additional 30 lbs or so by his 2nd birthday. This time I started off at a healthy weight but gained 50 :-/ she is 9 weeks tomorrow & I've lost 35 of it, so 15 to go :) Nursing helps in a BIG way! Plus the 25-35 is based on the drs charts & most women don't go for their first prenatal appt until they've been pregnant for a bit & they use the first weigh in as ur "prepregnancy" I'd already gained about 5 lbs at that point :p
  • jknoell
    jknoell Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I gained 35 lbs with my son... I ate terribly. But he was well over 9lbs when he was born so I lost about 20lbs right after. I'm hoping to get pregnant within the next year, but I definitely need to shed some weight first. And I have to get my eating under control - I can't eat the way I did with the first one!
  • tiffanyneedstolose
    Options
    I started at 173 by the end I was up to 230 about 60-70 lbs:( the biggest I've been although in high school I was 195 all four years my life has been controlled by my weight
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    25-35 is normal for an average weight person... Less if you are overweight, and more if you are underweight.

I was about 200 lbs when I got pregnant (although I wasn't in plus sized clothes). I gained 80 lbs!!!! yes 80, I had twins and went full term. Combined they weighed over 14lbs. I have stretch marks atleast 2 inches wide, it's gross. haha.
  • ndblades
    ndblades Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I gained the most with my first (40), and the least with my last (18) . . . I lost all my preganancy weight after each child (I breastfed), but two years after my last one, i put it all on again (it was like my body said - ok,it has been two years, time to gain weight -- I had 5 kids, each two years or so apart).
  • quietasariot
    quietasariot Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I gained 40 with my first and was already overweight. Gained most of it towards the end.

With my second, I threw up the first 3 1/2 months and then was diagnosed with gestational diabetes so I was put on a strict diet + insulin. I gained 0 pounds with her. :)
  • KatFierce
    KatFierce Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    60 the first one, and 42 the second...all of it is gone now though :)
  • vestarocks
    vestarocks Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I gained 9 pounds with my first and 6 pounds with my second. I had extra weight to lose and was very sick with my pregnancies. With my second I was diabetic so was on insulin and a strict diet. The great thing with my second was he was 10 pounds 3 oz so I walked out of the hospital at my goal weight. Didn't last long but....
  • bearsma09
    bearsma09 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I gained 72lbs. with my son. I had terrible swelling! My son was 9 lbs. 15 oz. when he was born. And by the time I left the hospital I had lost 43 lbs. A week after he was born I was down 50 lbs. That may give you some idea at how swollen I was!!! I have stretch marks that run down the inside of my legs, from top to foot, from the swelling. Plus, breasting feeding REALLY helps. I was back to my, still unhealthy, pre-pregnancy weight within 2 months.
  • Kitten2629
    Kitten2629 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    38 lbs with the first.

2nd I lost weight until i was 6 months. 6 months to 9 months 17 lbs.
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Exactly 40 both times
    Started at 130...ended at 170...down to 142 at 6 weeks post partum.
    Son was 8lbs6oz
    daughter was 9lbs5oz

Lost it all by the time they were 5 or 6 months old.

ETA~ I weigh more than that NOW! They are 14 and almost 17.:blushing:
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    For my first I didn't gain much at first because of excessive vomiting. But, then I gained a lot in the last trimester (which was good because I was very small). So, I think I gained 45 pounds in total, but I was down by 20 pounds 2 weeks after the birth, and lost the rest easily from breastfeeding and resuming my regular activity and eating patterns. For the second I gained less. I gained 35 pounds (maybe a little less), but again I was down by 20 pounds 2 weeks after the birth and by 7 months postpartum I was back to my pre-pre-pregnancy weight and very fit because I was very active and going to the gym. I was also in my late 20's.
  • mica06
    mica06 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    With my first i gained 50 and my second 45.
  • canelly
    canelly Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    35 lbs with the first and 30 with the second..
  • MamaKarrot
    MamaKarrot Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    30 with my first child and 20 with my second. (I was more careful with my eating the second time around)